Been a forever BB user, but recently forced to an iPhone due to several issues I had with the Q10. I'm ready to come back and just deal with some of these issues, because I absolutely MUST have my physical keyboard. However, there were three issues that I am hoping this new update fixes.Can anyone tell me if:

1. The max brightness is actually brighter now?
    2. I can increase my font to 10 or higher and actually see more than two lines on my screen when composing a text message?
    3. There is now an e-mail icon on the home screen and I no longer have to go to the hub to see my e-mail notifications?

Please don't argue that these are not real issues or tell me to get over it. I'm really not here to debate the validity of my concerns. they are indeed, MY concerns, so if you don't share them, that's fine. I love BB and want to come back. So, can anyone tell me if the new update fixes the above issues? Thanks!!
    01-26-14 08:38 AM
    Been a forever BB user, but recently forced to an iPhone due to several issues I had with the Q10. I'm ready to come back and just deal with some of these issues, because I absolutely MUST have my physical keyboard. However, there were three issues that I am hoping this new update fixes.Can anyone tell me if:

2. I can increase my font to 10 or higher and actually see more than two lines on my screen when composing a text message?
    3. There is now an e-mail icon on the home screen and I no longer have to go to the hub to see my e-mail notifications?

Please don't argue that these are not real issues or tell me to get over it. I'm really not here to debate the validity of my concerns. they are indeed, MY concerns, so if you don't share them, that's fine. I love BB and want to come back. So, can anyone tell me if the new update fixes the above issues? Thanks!!
    Unfortunately I can only answer your third question, as I have a Z10. There is a BlackBerry Hub icon now that you can just tap instead of swiping to get into the hub. It is kept separate from text messages, but I am sure you can combine them to get all of your messages by tapping instead of swiping
    01-26-14 08:51 AM

If you need a font higher than 10 you might want to try the accessibility options…..but you can go all the way to 18….

Brightness is brightness…. and the slider is better implemented….

No dice on the email notifications but not sure why you would want that anyway, just a swipe left makes it always available…. but anyways, I have my phone's font down to 8, and still have a hard time looking at an iPhone 5s screen because its so tiny.. maybe its just because no one uses such big font but still…

Anyways you have 2 out of 3… time for you to ditch the phone with the baby designed visuals.. and come back home to the world's best qwerty device period
    01-26-14 08:54 AM
    1. I don't know
    2. Try accessibility, but your description makes me thing you're trying to lower the font??? Explain please
    3. It happens to me on the old OS, sometimes some of your sent e-mails will be bolded. Delete them off of your device, bye bye notifications. (this is only a handful)

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    01-26-14 09:26 AM
    I own both devices and by far navigating the Q10 is much easier than the Iphone. When 10.2 is released it will get even better, personally the hub is the best thing going in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 09:38 AM
    Your profile shows a Bold 9930, so I assume you are on Verizon with the Q10?

I loaded the update and it is the same OS as was leaked on here -- 10.2.1.1925.

So if you are not using your Q10 anyway you could grab and install that leak to see.

I can say #3 -- the answer is NO. There are no separate email icons.
    01-26-14 09:45 AM
    No separate email icons, but there is a black berry hub icon now on the home screen, coming from the verizon release on Friday. Sometimes I like it better then swiping.
    01-26-14 09:49 AM
    1) Not sure
    2) at size 10, you can see 3 lines of text, and 2 lines of who sent/received the message
    3) There has always been a hub shortcut on the app screens. its on the bottom of the screens, you'll see a grey envelope. There is now also a hub icon, which will display a spark when you have a message as well.
    01-26-14 10:24 AM
    Thanks for the replies, but it looks like I need to clarify a bit.

1. I find the maximum brightness on the Q10 is very dim. I was hoping the new update corrected that.
    2. I have my font set to 10, or even higher. If you have the font that big (need it, getting older) and try to text, you can only see the first two lines in the text field. If you type in a third line, the field does not scroll, so you are basically typing blind. Again, was wondering if the update fixed that.
    3. PLEASE stop telling me I don't need an e-mail icon. I know what I need and want and I really like having an icon to hit as opposed to swiping. If there is now a Hub icon, that would solve my problem, because all I use the hub for are e-mails anyway. Please confirm

In closing,. I am a basic business user. I e-mail, text, schedule appointments on my calendar and use the phone. That's it. I will occasionally use another app, but rarely. If I could go back to my 9930, I would do it in a heartbeat, but my company's e-mail server does not support the device, so it's either a BB10 OR iPhone, droid, etc. Right now, I'm using an iPhone and HATE it. Thanks again everyone!!
    01-26-14 10:33 AM
    1) I can't compare the brightness from now and when I first got it.
    2) It only shows 2 lines, but you can scroll, that being said, you have to be careful not to hit send when you're scrolling
    3) there is a hub icon, no individual email account icons.. think of it like the universal inbox icon from before.
    01-26-14 10:37 AM
    I've attached a screen shot of the main APP grid.
    If you are looking for a quick and painless way into your emails/hub, please feel free to click on the envelope icon located at the bottom of the screen adjacent to the quick launch phone icon.

Also if you find that the hub is somewhat of a clutter mess, considering everything goes into it, i'd consider setting up your pioriy hub and leaving that as your default hub option. This would cut down on your scrolling and swiping and enriching the experiance.

All of the best to you
    Does The New Software Update Fix...-img_20140158.png

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 11:04 AM
    here is what the hub icon looks like:

Does The New Software Update Fix...-hub_icon.jpg
    01-26-14 11:52 AM
    1 - brightness I guess it's the same, I personally don't know any difference, with the white on Black.

2 - if your font is 10+ it now scrolls while your typing, so I say this is fixed. I've done a test, see pic. You see a couple of lines, but it does scroll down as your writing/typing a message.

3 - we now have a Hub icon on the main screen, you press and goes into the Hub. I deleted my icon b/c I don't use it. Also, you can set the Hub to have all your account to only show in the hub and have a clean menu. Much cleaner interface while in the Hub.
    Does The New Software Update Fix...-img_20140126_124547.png
    Does The New Software Update Fix...-img_20140126_124952.png

Posted via CB10
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    01-26-14 11:53 AM
    Thank you! I just set mine up like this as well. Very clean and uncluttered without everything listed separately
    01-26-14 02:01 PM
    3. PLEASE stop telling me I don't need an e-mail icon. I know what I need and want and I really like having an icon to hit as opposed to swiping. If there is now a Hub icon, that would solve my problem, because all I use the hub for are e-mails anyway. Please confirm
    I think you can change what accounts show in the main view of the hub. maybe if you remove everything but your emails from the main hub screen it will accomplish what you wanted anyway. You can still view all the other accounts by selecting them after swiping right from the hub.
    01-26-14 03:53 PM
    Like the first responder said, they now have a blackberry hub icon, I found it frustrating exactly like you because I'm such a high user of email and social media. The good thing about the icon though, is that you can pick which notifications will show in the icon. I have my two main emails going there, and I get the notification just like the old days.
    Not sure about the other issues, hope this helps.
    01-26-14 04:01 PM
    I don't think they can make the screen brighter. That is a hardware limitation. The q10 uses a different type of screen technology called an active matrix organic led. Basically instead of there being a back light with an LCD display there are millions of tiny little led lights. That is why the the display is dark, because it saves in power. I suppose you could use the white theme, but I would expect a drastic decrease in battery lifespan. Also, over time the brightness of your screen will decay. Especially the blues.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 04:19 PM
    How long have you been using the Q10 for? It really seems like your not used to BB10 and blackberry flow. You don't have to go all the way to your Hub to check emails. You can peak at it as well as view them on your lock screen before opening your device. Some of these features are new in an update so you may enjoy the experience more now but it hasn't changed drastically. Its still BB10 at its core.

Hope that helps.
    01-26-14 04:45 PM
    Thanks everyone. Well, I did it! I am now the proud owner of a brand new Q10!! Love it. Still trying to figure it all out and tweak the settings to work for me, but overall, very happy. Quick question. Any way to adjust the fonts on incoming e-mails? Seems like adjusting the font in settings does nothing to enhance the size of the fonts in the body of incoming e-mails. Any way around that?
    01-28-14 03:53 PM
    Ditto. I use Font Size 11. Being able see more than two lines of text message input, was the first thing I checked. Yes, the text input auto-scrolls to the current line being typed. That was my #1 complaint with the Q10, until this update.
    01-29-14 12:52 AM
    you can create a shortcut for your email Accounts. by Shortcut creator for example

D4N
    01-29-14 03:42 AM