Loving my Q10. Yes, will say it...I love it. Hated, truely hated to let my 9900 go. After returning to BB after my three year excursion in Android world, I was so glad to get back. I had left BB (my previous Storm and 9000 to get the internet access I craved. Not lots of social apps in mind but news, weather, travel. (news-junky here). But just could not live with the sterile android cookie cutter experience. And yes, no offense to the Z-series folks, i missed the physical keypad. Back to a 9900 for a while...and loved it! Just wish the technology stepback on the OS7 and the outdated camera hadn't been in the deal too. So did my research on Crackberry, and into Q10 this fall. LOVE IT!

The speed is outstanding, the swipe feature so easily adapts and I hardly ever (ok, hardly ever) miss the trackpad. My messaging and emails are so much easier to send...always loved that about the 9900 too! And the appearance of the BB10 is an attractive professional look. I admit too the larger icons and black screen are a bit better for my older eyes. And the camera! Finally!

Then, there are the leaks....Oh yes. Now I'm pretty good with technology. But was unsure I was up to it. Really did not want to mess up my phone. Then reading about the improved experiences people would talk about, and giving up hope that ATT really cared anymore. So again into CB for research. Then with fear and trepitation...I tip toed into the pool...and it was actually easy! First the 1055 leak via MEGA and now the 1925 this week through MEGA autoloader again. And I can see this has only made my Q10 experience that much better. One advice...read alot before you do it...the problems, solutions, and advoidance warnings are all here.

Sum...for those 9900 users? You shift to Q10, you will love it. The experience works. Really....and you get so much more. And for the leak-hesitant? Go in with open eyes, do your research, make lots of notes, move slowly...but it is worth the effort. Truly.

Thanks all of you here on CB for the advice. Maybe my little contribution can help.
    01-25-14 08:43 AM
    Glad you had such a positive experience and thanks for your honest opinion about the Q and your apps.
    I have the Z10 on VZW with the latest leaked OS and I have always installed leaks...even from my time with my 8330!

If anyone gets into trouble with installing a leak or sideloads, there are plenty of nice people here with great knowledge to help them out!
    01-25-14 08:52 AM
    My new Q10 is to arrive today and the first thing i will do is load the newest leak. I am moving to the Q from the Z10 and this 9900. love the keyboard on the 9900 but miss the bb10 experience when i use it. hoping the Q will give me the best of both worlds. i have been installing leaks since i moved to blackberry a few months ago. they are supper easy and the support from others here is outstanding. Cant go wrong.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    geekaren likes this.
    01-25-14 09:46 AM
    Now install snap and get access to Google play...
    southlander likes this.
    01-25-14 10:00 AM
    Agree, snap is a great program to grab your android apps. I use it on my Z and find that it works better than the other app stores.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    01-25-14 10:40 AM
    Sprint Q10 and after getting the balls to load the leak 1925 what a Amazing phone! It is a great phone and keeps getting better. I had the 9930 and one one thing I miss the Track Pad for is copy and paste. I am getting use to the hold the shift key I think it is to do it but other than that rock on BB10
    01-25-14 10:43 AM
    FYI...update now four months in with my q10. Yes, still hold those opinions posted. But have to admit, I've missed the ease, simplicity and speed I can minipulate the 9900. Still impressed with the q10 and BB10 in general. I think for those who love the browser and apps (not big deals for me) they will appreciate the upgrade from os7 to BB10. For basic phone, email and texting...going to be tough to beat the 9900. You know, its not the missing trackpad...the swiping is picked up easy enough. It seems though that the steps to do the basics take that much longer. And the interface of the contacts with the emai/messaging functions feels awkward. And think too having used the calendar now much that entries and edits are more quick to enter on the run with the 9900. So...I'm still impressed with both the q10 and BB10, and look forward to what Blackberry brings down the way. For my purposes now, I'm staying with the Q10 only because I am so unsure what ATT will do with servicing BIS in the future. OK, I do get the good camera and the much faster processer. But as much as I would like to stay with the legacy 9900, my winter conversations with different ATT Customer Care and Tech reps, no one is saying they are dropping it, just not much call at all for them. I feel like the only Blackberry guy they ever talk to! Not a good sign for the Legacies... Have to admit though...a hybrid BB10 with Bold features would be interesting indeed!
    Last edited by jrsva2008; 02-22-14 at 07:00 PM. Reason: revised some wording and thinking
    02-14-14 11:44 PM
    Well, I traded in my 9930 back to Verizon for $100 credit. That's the only reason I didn't keep it, but I can't say it's missed much since my Q10 is amazing. Plus, I never got to get a 9930 in white with Verizon.

White on White Q10 Baby!
    02-15-14 12:54 AM
    I'm so happy to hear that you are thrilled with your Q10! Speaking as a Q10 owner, it is truly a spectacular device. I love the keyboard. I can't last well on touch devices (I'm better, but still not "great"). Also, I like having a phone that not a lot of people have. Being different is fun!

The Q10 and Z-series are great phones. It is too bad that they do not get the recognition they deserve (I know there are drawbacks to these devices; but there are drawbacks to all devices and platforms, and I think some people aren't giving BlackBerry the benefit of the doubt).

Have fun with your Q10! What colour? Mine is black.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 01:27 AM
    FYI...update now four months in with my q10. Yes, still hold those opinions posted. But have to admit, I've missed the ease, simplicity and speed I can minipulate the 9900. Going back that way. Still impressed with the q10 and BB10 in general. I think for those who love the browser and apps (not big deals for me) they will appreciate the upgrade from os7 to BB10. For basic phone, email and texting...going to be tough to beat the 9900. You know, its not the missing trackpad...the swiping is picked up easy enough. It seems though that the steps to do the basics take that much longer. And the interface of the contacts with the emai/messaging functions feels awkward. And think too having used the calendar now much that entries and edits are more quick to enter on the run with the 9900. So...I'm still impressed with the q10 and BB10 and look forward to what Blackberry brings down the way. For my purposes now, I'll stay with the 9900 as long as they (adn ATT) will service my legacy device.

(A hybrid BB10 with Bold features would be interesting indeed!)
    I tried really hard to migrate over to OS10 on a Z10, but came to the same conclusions, if organization, messaging, calender, and navigation are all priorities for you, then you simply cannot beat OS7 on the 9900. Some observations on my Z10:

• Waking the device is slower - Swipe unlock to activate is slow, and one does this a lot throughout the day, so it adds up and becomes annoying when you know you can do it faster on a 9900.
    • I really miss the trackpad of the 9900! Hands down the
    • OS7 has built in email filtering capabilities. I really depend on this to control what I get on my BB. There are 3rd party apps on Z10, but they just aren't there yet - Hub++, BeBuzz (not headless yet).
    • Notifications - On OS7 I can use BePopup and BeBuzz - which are extremely mature and powerful. Such apps on OS10 are still, imo, Alpha stage. I am excited by the fact that they are slowly improving and adding missing features, but for me, they just aren't there yet. I am really hoping BeBuzz gets there in terms of 1 for 1 parity with their OS7 App.
    • Navigation through emails within the Hub is still slower. I love that they added the Next/Prev arrows, but on the Z10 at least, you still have to tap the screen to have the arrows display, and then when you tap the arrow it slides the current message out, you see the inbox, and you see the cursor move to the next message, and then slide the message in. It works like a recorded macro. It should simply bring up the next message. This is super annoying for me.
    • ShortCutMe on a 9900 turns your BB into an efficiency Ferrari. There are too many features and use cases to call out. It is the best Keyboard shortcut/macro app I have used.

-k
    02-15-14 12:18 PM
    Loving my Q10. Yes, will say it...I love it. Hated, truely hated to let my 9900 go. After returning to BB after my three year excursion in Android world, I was so glad to get back. I had left BB (my previous Storm and 9000 to get the internet access I craved. Not lots of social apps in mind but news, weather, travel. (news-junky here). But just could not live with the sterile android cookie cutter experience. And yes, no offense to the Z-series folks, i missed the physical keypad. Back to a 9900 for a while...and loved it! Just wish the technology stepback on the OS7 and the outdated camera hadn't been in the deal too. So did my research on Crackberry, and into Q10 this fall. LOVE IT!

The speed is outstanding, the swipe feature so easily adapts and I hardly ever (ok, hardly ever) miss the trackpad. My messaging and emails are so much easier to send...always loved that about the 9900 too! And the appearance of the BB10 is an attractive professional look. I admit too the larger icons and black screen are a bit better for my older eyes. And the camera! Finally!

Then, there are the leaks....Oh yes. Now I'm pretty good with technology. But was unsure I was up to it. Really did not want to mess up my phone. Then reading about the improved experiences people would talk about, and giving up hope that ATT really cared anymore. So again into CB for research. Then with fear and trepitation...I tip toed into the pool...and it was actually easy! First the 1055 leak via MEGA and now the 1925 this week through MEGA autoloader again. And I can see this has only made my Q10 experience that much better. One advice...read alot before you do it...the problems, solutions, and advoidance warnings are all here.

Sum...for those 9900 users? You shift to Q10, you will love it. The experience works. Really....and you get so much more. And for the leak-hesitant? Go in with open eyes, do your research, make lots of notes, move slowly...but it is worth the effort. Truly.

Thanks all of you here on CB for the advice. Maybe my little contribution can help.
    I completely understand. I held onto my 9930 for anm extra 2 days after getting my Q10 because I didn't want to let go. But it was a great decision. Then loading the 10.2 leak was awesome. Q10 is a great phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 12:59 PM