Has anyone heard of this and gotten it working on BlackBerry? Its a robotic ball.

I purchased one and downloaded the android app from SNAP. Although the app won't load past the name screen and it needs the app as the joystick.

I'm on 10.2.0.1055 with a Z10.

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    01-24-14 01:40 PM
    I'm surprised that there hasn't been an answer for this. Bumping for visibility.
    01-27-14 03:58 PM
    You know? Lol.. Damn good questions never get attention around here. I need to say " I'm leaving BlackBerry because.... " that will get all the attention. Watch the replies flood in

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    FF22 likes this.
    01-27-14 06:14 PM
    Yah, unfortunately you're right. I wish I could offer assistance with that app.
    01-28-14 05:27 AM
    My guess is that this app requires google services framework, and as such will not work.
    01-29-14 01:14 PM
    I have a Sphero (1.0, not a 2.0) and I was able to get it to work on a Z10 running the recent 10.2.1 official firmware with the MULTIDRIVE app (obtained via SNAP) -- not the standard "Sphero" app, which refused to detect my robot.

Also, you'll have to pair the Sphero to your blackberry via the bluetooth settings screen before it'll show up in the selection screen. Other than that, it worked fairly well.

I noticed that re-orienting the Sphero via 2-point touch was somewhat laggy, as was the standard joystick. However, the accelerometer tilt control mode was very smooth, leading me to believe that the app doesn't seem to juggle touch input and screen refreshing very well.

I also noticed that if you minimize the app while your sphero is connected, it'll disconnect, and no amount of jabbing and poking seemed to make it work again.

In the end I had to resort to placing the ball onto its charger to make it sleep, restart the app, and then shake the sphero to wake it again. (or wait for a few minutes for the sphero to sleep)

You can, however, use the SLEEP command in the app to gracefully disconnect from the Sphero, saving you some of the trouble. You might also want to disable your cell network so an incoming call won't interrupt the connection, but that's a super kludge.

Still, it's awesome being able to carry such a small, durable robot in my pocket to kill time.
    Last edited by le_mec; 02-01-14 at 04:27 PM.
    pkcable and semime like this.
    01-31-14 10:37 PM
    I've been wanting one but wasn't sure if my Z30 would work with it. This kind of helps make my decision clear until the fine folks at Sphero make a BB10 app

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 05:01 PM
    I hadn't hear of this until I stumbled upon this thread... quick search and watched their promotional videos, now I want one! Looks like a very fun diversion.

@ le_mec : appreciate the useful description of your experience with the sphero.
    05-28-14 06:49 AM
    No luck with the main app or multi with the passport on 10.3. It keeps crashing the app. Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 09:15 PM
    Passport running 10.3._ though? Is your OS up to date? Is the app the latest?
    I don't have a Sphero, never got one because no one ever answered me and Sphero's rep denied having made an App for BB10 even though their own YouTube channel made a comment saying they did.

But hey, if we can get info on if this works or how to get it to work, maybe I'll reconsider.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 11:25 PM
    Yes, I'm on the latest OS. Also tried on my Z30 and have the same issues. The multi works for setup and for maybe 10 seconds before crashing. The old app doesn't work at all. Won't go past the load screen. I tried the zombie one and got a bit farther but as soon as you start moving with the joystick it crashes.

Looks like it's going back unless someone has a suggestion or solution.

I've tried the apps from both Amazon and the Snap storefronts

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 11:44 PM