Why is blackberry stocks falling lately?

Posted via the amazing z30 from @BlackBerrygrow follow me on Twitter
    01-24-14 11:25 AM
    All part of a cycle, stocks go up, buyers take profits, stocks go down, buyers get more and ride them up again, then sell, and rinse, lather, repeat...
    01-24-14 12:17 PM
    BBRY trading mostly on market sentiment which is notoriously fickle. the head fake on DOD "news" also did not help and left a negative slant that carried over into today. Plus the whole market is getting it's **** kicked the last two days based on emerging markets and China fiscal diarrhea. Lastly, the fed is burping about another taper since the unemployment news has been so good lately (sarcasm). Plus they are pretty much out of magic bullets as trillions in virtually "free" money to mega banks and corporations accomplished squat outside of Wall Street. Expect the fed to go silent on taper talk as their meeting gets closer and that will pump the mkt up a couple of hundred points. Rinse and repeat.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    01-24-14 12:25 PM
    Is rinse and repeat some kind of stocks jargon or does everybody have to repeat what others say now days to fit in?

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    jay64 likes this.
    01-24-14 12:31 PM
    what if its convertible debt beign converted into shares :P i haven't looked at the availible shares in a while but it apears to have gone up about 2 million shares since i saw last. probably isn't the case though
    01-24-14 01:57 PM
    The entire DJIA (US) is down 250 points as of 3PM EST
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-24-14 02:01 PM
    what if its convertible debt beign converted into shares :P i haven't looked at the availible shares in a while but it apears to have gone up about 2 million shares since i saw last. probably isn't the case though
    They can't convert to shares yet. When that is purchased, there's usually a holding period before they can convert. I'm not sure as to what the time frame is for them but it's not this soon, and based on the sp movement, it wouldn't make sense to convert this soon even if they could. They'd be giving up on any interest earned on the loan. To add to that, there'd be news of this as they would have to register these shares with the SEC.
    01-24-14 04:32 PM
    It's not just blackberry falling, almost all stocks are. Look at the stocks that are in the same sector. BlackBerry just happened to be bad mouthed in the press about the whole pentagon thing. Also the whole thing with the chinese banks is making stocks crumble

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 04:51 PM
    The entire DJIA (US) is down 250 points as of 3PM EST
    This... When the whole market goes down, most of the stocks do too. My whole portfolio is in the red for today, but I'm still up compared to Monday.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    01-24-14 04:56 PM
    DOD crap mostly played a part,but true, the whole market is down,Anyway the truth does come out eventually Presumably 40,000 BB10 Devices Within DoD Inventories |
    Last edited by jojo beaconsfield; 01-24-14 at 05:16 PM. Reason: wrong link
    01-24-14 05:06 PM
    DOD crap mostly played a part,but true, the whole market is down,Anyway the truth does come out eventually Presumably 40,000 BB10 Devices Within DoD Inventories |
    That article is not truth, it's speculation.
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-24-14 05:18 PM
    They can't convert to shares yet. When that is purchased, there's usually a holding period before they can convert. I'm not sure as to what the time frame is for them but it's not this soon, and based on the sp movement, it wouldn't make sense to convert this soon even if they could. They'd be giving up on any interest earned on the loan. To add to that, there'd be news of this as they would have to register these shares with the SEC.
    I went to a big shin dig yesterday at the Ritz Carelton Hotel here in Montreal,It was hosted by Pembroke,they threw in 300 Million into the deal and love the 2% coupons they will receive.they are in for the long haul.
    01-24-14 05:23 PM
    That article is not truth, it's speculation.
    You're probably right but I think they make a good case in favor of BB, speculation can go any way ,I perfer the obbious one,we all knew that BB had sold them 30,000 units way back last summer,so what's not to believe.anyway.
    01-24-14 08:48 PM
    You're probably right but I think they make a good case in favor of BB, speculation can go any way ,I perfer the obbious one,we all knew that BB had sold them 30,000 units way back last summer,so what's not to believe.anyway.
    I don't want to knock it as someone put effort into it, but it's a connect the dots type article. Unfortunately, the dot's, at the moment, can create a lot of different pictures. As a former shareholder, and possibly a future one, I look at every single article I read, bullish or bearish, to be self serving and then look at the source. In this case, look at the history of the articles on that site. None are truly objective.
    01-24-14 08:59 PM
    I don't want to knock it as someone put effort into it, but it's a connect the dots type article. Unfortunately, the dot's, at the moment, can create a lot of different pictures. As a former shareholder, and possibly a future one, I look at every single article I read, bullish or bearish, to be self serving and then look at the source. In this case, look at the history of the articles on that site. None are truly objective.
    They are knocking The Verge ,which they say are slanted,I have to believe that what we heard about the 30,000 phones that the DOD was reported to be purchasing before years end is true. At that time ,I thought 30,000 was a drop in the bucket and was disappointed.Today ,I have to think the deal went thru though.
    01-25-14 05:41 AM
    Sell now.....we are going bankrupt.

Posted by my GINORMOUS Z30
    01-25-14 06:19 AM
    huh? sorry did not see another post it that phase in it but thanks for taking the time to notice and point it out......
    01-25-14 01:32 PM