My contract is for renewal in the next couple of months and i am trying to decide what to go for, if i stay with Blackberry my preference is to go for the q10, problem is my existing provider, orange uk, does not provide the q10. It seems to me that uk providers are less and less giving blackberry's as an option. Has anyone else found this. I also recently went into a phones4u store and was told that blackberry's are rubbish, not good business.
    One further query, anyone have any thoughts as to whether the q30 is likely to appear soon if at all??
    01-24-14 02:55 AM
    Well Mr Chen did say that they're planning a physical keyboard phone for this year, but no one really knows when it'll drop.

And about the fact that you can't find one, just get one unlocked off ebay
    01-24-14 03:00 AM
    My contract is for renewal in the next couple of months and i am trying to decide what to go for, if i stay with Blackberry my preference is to go for the q10, problem is my existing provider, orange uk, does not provide the q10. It seems to me that uk providers are less and less giving blackberry's as an option. Has anyone else found this. I also recently went into a phones4u store and was told that blackberry's are rubbish, not good business.
    One further query, anyone have any thoughts as to whether the q30 is likely to appear soon if at all??
    Hi there!

I got my perfect Q in mint condition here in the marketplace. There wasn't even a scratch on it and it runs perfectly. If you can get it at phones4u, don't worry about what they said, get it if it's available. Also, have you checked Carphone Warehouse?

You might also try Amazon and eBay. Not sure if that is a viable option there.
    01-24-14 03:02 AM
    Thanks guys i am looking at Carphone warehouse and Vodafone as i want a contract phone. I was wondering about the q30 as i would look at slightly better specs than the q10.
    01-24-14 03:24 AM
    Call them on the phone as at present it's only available on business, but ask them nicely and you never know!
    01-24-14 03:30 AM
    Call them on the phone as at present it's only available on business, but ask them nicely and you never know!
    Hi sorry which provider are you saying i should call?
    01-24-14 03:33 AM
    I would reconsider getting the phone via contract. Usually you're off cheaper buying the phone straight (via online retailers or even ebay) and get yourself a full customized contract without any longterm running conditions.
    Have you checked online webstores of your carriers in case you still want to go with a subsidized phone, in quite some cases carriers banned BlackBerry from their stores and sell them exclusively via their online stores.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    01-24-14 06:58 AM
    Ebay

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 07:11 AM
    i just bought one on ebay 250.00, great price.
    01-24-14 08:22 AM
    Two years ago I left Vodafone, lo and behold they remembered and called me to try and get me back at �25.50 a month for 1gb/unlimited text and unlimited speech. And last but not least the Q10 for free. S...w Orange and call Vodafone.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 10:12 AM
    I got mine through Vodafone Spain, even though it was hard. European providers seem to focus on samsung and iphones, but hopefully there's a segment on the market that still asks for what BlackBerry has to offer.

Q10 is a fantastic device, you won't regret the choice, don't listen to what others say about Blackberry... it's quite always the same, isn't it?

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 10:47 AM
    Hi many thanks for all the comments, I will most popular stick with contract as I to be honest don't have the money to buy outright, slightly poor excuse I know. I do have one reservation I presently have a bold 9900 and my preference is the q10 but I would like a bigger screen and would like to wait and see if the q30 will exist with a better screen and maybe a quad core processor, anyone have any thoughts about this?
    01-25-14 02:40 PM
    I agree with the marketplace and eBay if purchased from a reputable seller. I noticed that att had the q10 outright for 389.00 and on contract for 25.00. Seems like the prices are finally coming down for the Q10, but I'm going to wait a while longer.
    01-25-14 03:02 PM
    Hi many thanks for all the comments, I will most popular stick with contract as I to be honest don't have the money to buy outright, slightly poor excuse I know. I do have one reservation I presently have a bold 9900 and my preference is the q10 but I would like a bigger screen and would like to wait and see if the q30 will exist with a better screen and maybe a quad core processor, anyone have any thoughts about this?
    I would get the Q10 now.. no one knows when or if a Q30 device is coming this year. BlackBerry has said that they're doing a low end touch screen device for emerging markets, which isn't what you want.

John Chen said "maybe" another one later this year. At this point, I don't expect to get see a Q30 this year. Maybe next year. If I were in the market for a new Q10 type device, I'd get the Q10 now instead of waiting until the end of the year or even next year.
    01-25-14 03:05 PM
    Got mine on ebay for 250.00. Was perfect
    01-25-14 07:34 PM
    If you call Orange/EE.

I am currently planning on selling my Q10 unlocked if you are interested - currently using it on EE.
    01-26-14 01:11 PM
    Prices for used ones at CeX are now quite reasonable (150) and you get a 12 month warranty so better than eBay. You also get to see it before buying and you're protected from the 'report phone stolen' insurance scam that's prevalent in eBay etc.
    01-26-14 06:00 PM