There has to be a way of making accidental calls. I've made 3 tonight to clients who heard me yellin at my dog. I wasn't doing anything but holding the phone. The screen is way too sensitive. On my legacy phones I may have made ONE accidental call in 5 years. Why does it do this? My back up SG3 I've never made an accidental call. And don't get me started on hanging the phone up.Most phones it's a simple button.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 07:46 PM
    You could put a password on your phone to prevent this ghost calling.
    01-23-14 07:53 PM
    You can turn off swipe up to unlock gesture it usefull for me,hope it help

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 07:54 PM
    That's all? C'mon blackberry. Why? Other phones don't. Why do I have to "lock" it each time? Put a password. Just another frustrating "feature".

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 09:43 PM
    You need to lock all touchscreen phones if you want to avoid accidental calls.
    01-23-14 10:06 PM
    I've got a pocket pouch for my Q. I don't call anybody unless I decide to.

Posted with my Q10!
    01-24-14 01:03 AM
    The actual reason I got rid of my gs3 was strictly for that fact that I literally pocket dialed people around 15 times a day. The swipe gesture can be tricky but if you put your phone in your pocket top side first, that stopped my pocket dial problem. I hope it works for you too. If not you can always just turn off gestures. Easy fixes. Enjoy your bb10

My Q10 is sexier than your Q10.
    01-24-14 01:22 AM
    There has to be a way of making accidental calls. I've made 3 tonight to clients who heard me yellin at my dog. I wasn't doing anything but holding the phone. The screen is way too sensitive. On my legacy phones I may have made ONE accidental call in 5 years. Why does it do this? My back up SG3 I've never made an accidental call. And don't get me started on hanging the phone up.Most phones it's a simple button.

Posted via CB10
    A holster with magnets will autostandby the phone!

Posted Via CB10/SQN100-3 luvn leak 10.2.1.1055
    AcADIeN likes this.
    01-24-14 01:31 AM
    Or change the screen lock by power button!

Posted Via CB10/SQN100-3 luvn leak 10.2.1.1055
    01-24-14 01:32 AM
    Hanging up on a call is a massive pain

Posted via CB10
    Nolanappraiser and rai187 like this.
    01-24-14 01:44 AM
    I really dont get why people complain about hanging up a call. I mean, the end button takes a pretty big space on the call screen ..
    01-24-14 02:17 AM
    I really dont get why people complain about hanging up a call. I mean, the end button takes a pretty big space on the call screen ..
    I've seen this on the Q. You press end and it just doesn't end. It's like a dead button...

You have to swipe out of the phone app, then back in, then end call. Must be a software glitch, but it survived 10.2 so who knows..
    Nolanappraiser likes this.
    01-24-14 02:42 AM
    As much as I know that the end/call keys are gone forever, I definitely miss the feeling of certainty of hitting that End Call button (usually a bunch of times because I'm weird).

I wish there were an option to end the call when you X out of the active frame of the phone. So many times I X out, and the phone call timer in the bottom left is still running, and I remember that I actually have to click End
    01-24-14 02:46 AM
    Ok my issue is I don't have nor want a holster. I don't want to have to lock it every time I put it down. I have a desk in my car (drive alot, work in real estate) leave my phone on the desk, call comes in I glance to see who it is. On old phones I could keep eyes on road and answer with the button (yes I know bluetooth) but I have it synced on car which isn't bluetooth so I have to physically answer. I have to swipe, swipe, swipe. Then when the call is over I use to be able to keep eyes on road and click end. No more, gotta swipe to wake up screen then make sure ur touching it right,Not the mute button and then the call might end. I never put phone to ear. Always ise bluetooth or speaker phone. Just very disappointed in this, and a few other features I miss. Don't get me wrong there are features in 10 I like (pop up messages, more apps, better browser) but most could have been done with the Bold. Unfortunately for the first time I recommended to someone NOT to upgrade. I don't know about the Q5 or the other phones. But just disappointed with my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 02:58 AM
    you're entire problem would be resolved by using a proper Bluetooth headset where you can voice dial, and hang up with a push of a button on it, but you don't want to use that option, so you're left with options that aren't as effective.

Maybe there will be / there should be an option to keep the screen on while on speaker phone so hanging up is easier in those situations, but we live in today, and that isn't an option.

The right tools for the right job make all the difference.
    01-24-14 09:49 AM
    As long as you're on the call screen it's not an issue. But when you use the phone for business, you're frequently navigating around checking documents or emails, doing searches, brower etc. There are times when you need to end a call right now, and being unable to do that is extremely frustrating.
    01-24-14 10:14 AM
    leave my phone on the desk, ., gotta swipe to wake up screen then make sure ur touching it right,Not the mute button and then the call might end.
    One of the problem with touch screen phones is they are capacitive touch screens, which means it needs to have a a complete path (ground) for the circuit to complete. When you have it in your hand, the circuit completes through you. If you have it on an object that does not complete the electrical ground, the touch screen will loose sensitivity. Try touching the bezel of the phone with your hand while swiping to answer the phone.

I use a vent mount in my truck and it at least makes the incoming callers easier to see and the swiping to answers works a bit better. In addition, I was able to find a kit from Scoche that worked with the stereo in my truck and provided a Bluetooth connection for the phone, allowing the steering wheel controls to answer the phone. They make similar kits for other vehicle brands, such as Honda and Toyota.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=EfoFit6z

http://www.hipstreet.com/products/Bl...ntial-Kit.html
    01-24-14 10:17 AM
    I don't think there's any question that legacy BlackBerries do so many things easier. The legacy phones really were for business.
    01-24-14 10:26 AM
    When you have it in your hand, the circuit completes through you. If you have it on an object that does not complete the electrical ground, the touch screen will loose sensitivity.
    If you have it on an object that does not complete the electrical ground, and then you touch it to swipe, don't you then complete the electrical ground? I notice 0 difference in screen responsiveness from hand held to on a table, on a paperback book, on a wooden shelf etc.

I would think having it in the mount (secured) has more to do with it then anything else, in my examples above, I run into more issues of the phone itself sliding or moving on the surface then my finger not waking up the screen.
    01-24-14 12:40 PM
    LOL. My wife accidently calls me all the time on her Z10 and, at times, I'm having similar issues on my Q10.
    01-24-14 12:47 PM
    Ok my issue is I don't have nor want a holster. I don't want to have to lock it every time I put it down. I have a desk in my car (drive alot, work in real estate) leave my phone on the desk, call comes in I glance to see who it is. On old phones I could keep eyes on road and answer with the button (yes I know bluetooth) but I have it synced on car which isn't bluetooth so I have to physically answer. I have to swipe, swipe, swipe. Then when the call is over I use to be able to keep eyes on road and click end. No more, gotta swipe to wake up screen then make sure ur touching it right,Not the mute button and then the call might end. I never put phone to ear. Always ise bluetooth or speaker phone. Just very disappointed in this, and a few other features I miss. Don't get me wrong there are features in 10 I like (pop up messages, more apps, better browser) but most could have been done with the Bold. Unfortunately for the first time I recommended to someone NOT to upgrade. I don't know about the Q5 or the other phones. But just disappointed with my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    Having to wake the phone to hang up common on any smartphone other than a BBos7 phone. iphone? click to wake, then press hang up. Android? Click to wake, then hang up. BB10? swipe to wake, then hang up. Why are you so hung up on it?

I also would like a dedicated end key to hang up instantly, but I'll take the benefits of BB10 over os7 any day.
    01-24-14 01:05 PM
    If you have it on an object that does not complete the electrical ground, and then you touch it to swipe, don't you then complete the electrical ground?
    You need a complete circuit when just touching it with a finger. If the body of the phone is on a non conductive surface there is no way for the circuit to complete. I guess it depends on how grounded the surface the phone is on. I am sure there are some electrical engineers that can explain exactly how it works.
    It would be like attaching only the positive jumper cable to boost a car.

I can replicate the problem by sitting in a leather chair putting the phone on the leather arm of the chair and then try using the touch screen by only touching the screen with my finger.
    01-24-14 02:59 PM
    As long as you're on the call screen it's not an issue. But when you use the phone for business, you're frequently navigating around checking documents or emails, doing searches, brower etc. There are times when you need to end a call right now, and being unable to do that is extremely frustrating.
    I agree with that. On speaker phone adding an appointment to the calendar while the call is finished and having to get all the way back to the phone app to end it is a pain. On IOS they have that top banner thing and you just touch it and the phone app opens so you can end it way quicker.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 03:35 PM
    How do you accidentally make a call by just holding your phone?

You have to click the bottom left, then click the person. How about you turn off the screen when you're randomly jabbing at the screen?

Q10
    01-24-14 03:38 PM
    I don't like holsters either. I was referring to a pocket pouch. Just take it out when you want to use it and when you're done, just slide it in. It's not bulky at all and offers a little protection as well. It's your call.

There has to be a way to stop accidental calls-img_20140124_171811.png

Posted with my Q10!
    01-24-14 05:20 PM
42 12