First of all, i just want to thank you guys for giving me your opinion about the playbook on this thread. This is my review of the playbook after using it for two days, both for personal use and for work.

The first thing i had to do when i turned on the playbook, i had to update it into the newer version. When the whole upgrade finished it was time to play around with it! At the beginning it felt a bit weird.As a user interface they playbook was like having a webOS device in a way but the slow animations give the feel of using something else. (i used a webOS device before).

Browsing Experience:
    The browser is something that blackberry has not given the time to develop. It supports flash but the whole experience is slow, and sometimes does not even respond as it should be! I tried to find some browsers in the app world to download. It seems that some applications work better than the stock browser, but again, if you compare the experience of the browser with chrome or dolphin on my nexus 7, its not even close. (3/10)
    **UPDATE**
    My opinion has not changed on the browser experience, but i had to increase my rating after using it few days. Its true that if you disable flash and without javascript the whole experience becomes better. On the other hand, as a browser, still is not reliable. I mean, you can see performance increases but its not the kind of browser you want to use it all the time. I decided to download some third party browsers from the app world.The best browser for the playbook is the one called OrgamiBrowser. I really like the simplicity that it has and it reminds me the chrome browser. On the other hand, i still not found the "good" browser and i am not sure if it exists for the playbook. I am disappointed because there are application on the playbook that run really smooth! Just because of the OrgamiBrowser i will give (5/10)

Speakers:
    Serously..AMAZING! The best speakers available on a tablet right now (and imagine, playbook is more than 2 years old!). Tried youtube with videos that support 1080p, and its like, i am having a device, loud enough with HD audio! (8/10)

Display:
    The display is not one the best in the market right now..but who cares? If you combine the speakers with the display it seems a very good device for media! It is difficult to find quality apps for playing video and it seems that you have to install various video apps to support multiple formats. (6/10)

Built quality:
    I bought it for 35 pounds but the hardware and the built quality is like having a device costing 300 pounds! The samsung galaxy tab, feels like a toy if you compare it with the playbook! Its a bit heavy as a device but that's not a problem, and i actually prefer it that way! It does not feel cheap! (9.5/10)

Print to Go:
    I know print to go its just an app but this might be the most useful app that i have on my playbook. I did not try it at the beginning because i thought it was one of those apps that you can print wireless to you printer! This is not the case! As a university student, organizing articles from the internet, using this app, its awesome! Basically, the playbook is your printer! Print anything, from a picture, to a document with just one click! I am really impressed how quickly the whole procedure is done! Within seconds, you have your document,web page or picture converted to pdf and transferred to the playbook! (8.5/10)

Blackberry Bridge:
    One of the reasons i got the blackberry playbook was the bridge! Connecting your phone to a bigger screen is awesome! On the other hand, i got really disappointed when i realized that bridge for blackberry 10 devices, only supports text messaging and bbm. I find it a bit funny, to know that people who own a blackberry 9360, have more features than those who own a blackberry 10 device. I am really impressed with the touchpad available in the bridge. Its works perfect! The idea of controlling your playbook using your smartphone as a remote control,it makes me think "Why blackberry didn't you advertise the product enough?". I have to do a lot of presentations, so just think what i can do with this device, because bridge works perfect with presentations! I can't give a low rating because my Q10 does not support many features connecting to my playbook. I know that those who own an older versions of blackberries will love this feature! (7/10)

Conclusion
    I don't think i need to comment on the apps that are available for the playbook! There is nothing in the app world that is different and many apps are missing for the the playbook. So i hated it as a tablet! Then i decided to use it for my university purposes and i loved it! I have all my documents in there, and i actually i am impressed with the word processing ans spreadsheet app! I will use it for sure! I found an application that allows me to create presentations on the go and i am really impressed with that too! I can also use the bridge to present my presentations on a big screen, using my Q10 as a remote control and trackpad! As a tablet it keeps me focus on my work and i am not destructed by twitter and facebook notifications. I get only emails from lecturers.

I will replace with my nexus 7 with my playbook for work purposes! On the other hand, i will use my nexus 7 as a personal device! Overall i am happy with my purchase! At the beginning i thought it was useless but actually i never thought that it would be such a good device for productivity!

Anyway guys, this is just an opinion! Other people will use it for different purposes ofcourse
    Last edited by Andreas Kimishis1; 01-26-14 at 05:53 PM. Reason: added some points about bridge, print to go and web browsing
    01-23-14 12:06 PM
    Hope i represented few people out there

Posted via CB10
    ceccam, dazzleaj and Carl Estes like this.
    01-23-14 12:18 PM
    Browsing Experience
    The browser is something that blackberry has not given the time to develop. It supports flash but the whole experience is slow, and sometimes does not even respond as it should be! I tried to find some browsers in the app world to download. It seems that some applications work better than the stock browser, but again, if you compare the experience of the browser with chrome or dolphin on my nexus 7, its not even close. (3/10)
    In my opinion, OrigamiBrowser is very good. Did you try it and still gave it a 3/10 mark?

--------------------

Pic Tagger for BB10 and PlayBook
    Andreas Kimishis1 likes this.
    01-23-14 12:26 PM
    Good review
    01-23-14 12:27 PM
    A fair review. Although I think the bowser deserves another point or 2, it is indeed, slow. No discounting that. However, there are some things on all the Android browsers with Flash that just don't work well.

As you use the PlayBook though, you may find other things that it does better, little obscure things that you can't think of right now. I'd like to see you review it again in a month or so.

Cheers!

Posted via CrackBerry 10 app using the power of "Q".
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    01-23-14 12:33 PM
    If the checkerboard is the biggest pain with the browser, turn off Java in the browser options. The browser wasn't always this slow, but I guess as the Internet and media consumption have accelerated by leaps and bounds with advertising everywhere, it just can't keep up anymore. Origami Browser with pop up blocking changes that. It's free too.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 12:38 PM
    In my opinion, OrigamiBrowser is very good. Did you try it and still gave it a 3/10 mark?

--------------------

To be honest with you i have tried that! It loads the page faster, but in reality i dont find it smoother that the stock browser. It would probably be 4/5. Some websites are so difficult to use

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 12:49 PM
    A fair review. Although I think the bowser deserves another point or 2, it is indeed, slow. No discounting that. However, there are some things on all the Android browsers with Flash that just don't work well.

As you use the PlayBook though, you may find other things that it does better, little obscure things that you can't think of right now. I'd like to see you review it again in a month or so.

Cheers!

Yoy may be right but i rated the whole experience! I live that supports flash and even android web browsers suck when they support flash. But the prob is the how smooth you can navigate throughout the page

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 12:50 PM
    If the checkerboard is the biggest pain with the browser, turn off Java in the browser options. The browser wasn't always this slow, but I guess as the Internet and media consumption have accelerated by leaps and bounds with advertising everywhere, it just can't keep up anymore. Origami Browser with pop up blocking changes that. It's free too.

Posted via CB10
    I have seen a difference. It loads faster the page but it does not feel smooth at all..

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 12:51 PM
    Yoy may be right but i rated the whole experience! I live that supports flash and even android web browsers suck when they support flash. But the prob is the how smooth you can navigate throughout the page

Posted via CB10
    Did you try the PB browsers with and without flash and javascript enabled? With different user agents? Android Chrome really doesn't support flash and will probably be presented with HTML5 content on webpages. It will look "faster" but the content will not be the same. The PB with desktop experience can't ever be as fast as that unless you disable flash/java and set user agent to android. So there is a trade off that you have to expect.

Also, Kalemsoft video player is well worth the US$5.
    Mecca EL and anon(5597702) like this.
    01-23-14 12:59 PM
    Hi, could you reveal the PlayBook App for 'presentations on the go' you found. Thanks
    01-23-14 02:57 PM
    Nice review, hope you never need warranty support, you will be adding to your review!
    01-24-14 09:31 AM
    Quite a fair review, though I would have rated the browser at least 2 points higher, possibly 3. I understand why you rated it the way you did.

I have several PlayBooks and use them everyday despite having gotten the Hisense Sero 7 Pro, Kindle Fire HD and most recently, the Nook HD+. I use the PlayBook the most for checking emails, Web-browsing and work-related matters. While the browser is slower than the other tablets I have, it does not bother me. It gives me a chance to look away and give my eyes periodic brief rest periods.

I have not set up email on my other tablets because I just do not have the need to as the PlayBook works just fine. More importantly, I feel safer with the security of the PlayBook. That is why I do not do email or work-related things on the other tablets. As long as my PlayBooks still work, they will remain my number one device for such matters. I use the other tablets for entertainment purposes and I am enjoying watching streamed programs on the Nook's larger screen (9") when I do not want to use the PlayBook's micro-HDMI port to mirror the image to the television. I got the Nook over the holidays for only $149.00 for the 32 GB model and thought I would try it out and maybe return it by Jan. 31st if I did not like it. I will most likely keep it. Just discovered that the NBC app works very well on the Nook but the Hisense is not compatible with the app. Could not load it on the Hisense and got the Google message telling me it was not compatible. Could not get it for the Kindle too.

Now let me get to the point of my reply to your review - just wanted to recommend that you check out Print To Go on your new PlayBook. I think you will find it very helpful in your university/work life. I use it quite frequently. No need to print things onto paper and have the inconvenience of carrying around files of paperwork. I print articles straight from the Web to the PlayBook as well as work documents.

You got a good deal on your PlayBook. While it is approaching its 3rd birthday, it is still a good tablet to have, even considering the current mix of tablets available today.
    01-24-14 11:41 AM
    We surprisingly had one recent update to the PlayBook, maybe they will sneak another one on us. I have been managing with the native and origami browser but a native update would be nice. In 2 years I finally tried side loading apps and was surprised it worked.

Posted Via CB10 Using my great Z30 Or Z10
    01-24-14 10:13 PM
    I got a playbook this weekend and I have to say for 70 pounds it's definitely worth it, it's great for people who need a tablet for basic functions

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    01-26-14 04:36 PM
    Thanks for the review, I'm thinking about getting one

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 04:48 PM

--------------------

I tried it and thank you for recommending it. I changed my review and i gave my opinion on the browser too, but i couldn't give it more than 5. It makes a difference, but still its not good if you compare it with other browsers on other platforms.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 05:58 PM
    Quite a fair review, though I would have rated the browser at least 2 points higher, possibly 3. I understand why you rated it the way you did.

I have several PlayBooks and use them everyday despite having gotten the Hisense Sero 7 Pro, Kindle Fire HD and most recently, the Nook HD+. I use the PlayBook the most for checking emails, Web-browsing and work-related matters. While the browser is slower than the other tablets I have, it does not bother me. It gives me a chance to look away and give my eyes periodic brief rest periods.

I have not set up email on my other tablets because I just do not have the need to as the PlayBook works just fine. More importantly, I feel safer with the security of the PlayBook. That is why I do not do email or work-related things on the other tablets. As long as my PlayBooks still work, they will remain my number one device for such matters. I use the other tablets for entertainment purposes and I am enjoying watching streamed programs on the Nook's larger screen (9") when I do not want to use the PlayBook's micro-HDMI port to mirror the image to the television. I got the Nook over the holidays for only $149.00 for the 32 GB model and thought I would try it out and maybe return it by Jan. 31st if I did not like it. I will most likely keep it. Just discovered that the NBC app works very well on the Nook but the Hisense is not compatible with the app. Could not load it on the Hisense and got the Google message telling me it was not compatible. Could not get it for the Kindle too.

Now let me get to the point of my reply to your review - just wanted to recommend that you check out Print To Go on your new PlayBook. I think you will find it very helpful in your university/work life. I use it quite frequently. No need to print things onto paper and have the inconvenience of carrying around files of paperwork. I print articles straight from the Web to the PlayBook as well as work documents.

You got a good deal on your PlayBook. While it is approaching its 3rd birthday, it is still a good tablet to have, even considering the current mix of tablets available today.
    Print to Go is the most useful app that i ever used! I am not sure if there is an app like that in android or ios that works as perfect!! It helps me so much when i am studying or when i want to make a research! Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 06:00 PM
    I got a playbook this weekend and I have to say for 70 pounds it's definitely worth it, it's great for people who need a tablet for basic functions

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    Thats true!

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 06:01 PM
    Thanks for the review, I'm thinking about getting one

Posted via CB10
    Hope it helped you alot! Its not expensive and it does its job! Be careful though, because if it breaks, you will need to buy another one

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 06:02 PM

Cheers!

Added few points on my review do you agree with them?

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 06:06 PM
    Hi, could you reveal the PlayBook App for 'presentations on the go' you found. Thanks
    The app is called "CreatePPT"

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 06:12 PM
    Fair opinion

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 08:26 AM
    Fair opinion

Thank you
    Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 08:57 AM
    Great review ...

I don't recall hearing any complaints on the Playbook's screen touch sensitivity and accuracy, maybe it's just me
    01-28-14 04:07 AM
26 12