Hi, really quick around here guys.

Im away from home and I got some movies on my playbook, problem is that some of them just won't play on my playbook due to the file not being supported.
    I came across this app on BBworld "file converter" would that do the job?

Thanks.
    01-22-14 02:18 PM
    Hi, really quick around here guys.

Im away from home and I got some movies on my playbook, problem is that some of them just won't play on my playbook due to the file not being supported.
    I came across this app on BBworld "file converter" would that do the job?

Thanks.
    You BEST bet is to use Handbrake, a video converter that does every task you put to it. That's free. You just have to make sure that the setting you choose (there's bunches of 'em in there menu) fits the PB.

Another one is Aimersoft Video Converter (paid), but works great and has a Playbook setting for one click ripping/converting.

I use both now, as I bought another vendors tablet and google wants it packaged "their way", as in is still shows as an Mpeg4, but the way it's packaged is the issue.

Aimersoft works great, runs realtime for conversions,
    Handbrake works great, conversions take a bit longer than realtime, but hey, just click it and go have a couple of cocktails......

c
    01-22-14 02:41 PM
    The norm here is to get Kalemsoft Media Player in BBWorld, it has played every file thus far I have thown at it.
    Kalemsoft is also available for you BlackBerry phone.
    Last I checked it was 3.99 down from 6.99$, it was an awesome investment.
    Saves loads of time converting videos yourself, just add movie to Playbook or BB10 phone and play.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 03:29 PM
    Out of curiosity, if you buy it for the playbook do you also get it for the phone or pay twice?

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 04:07 PM
    Out of curiosity, if you buy it for the playbook do you also get it for the phone or pay twice?

Posted via CB10
    It's totally up to the developer/vendor. If the app is under the same listing as a separate file bundle, yes you should be able to download it. Although there is no way of knowing unless you are the developer, or if you try it and see what happens.
    01-22-14 04:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    as far as I now Kalemsoft Media Player you have to pay twice... but it's really worth it, works grat with my synology-NAS
    01-22-14 04:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    No sorry, you to purchase it separately for each device.
    But you know what the time and effort that you'd have to put in converting videos is bypassed.
    No more checking to see if the video type is right, that alone sold me.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 04:54 PM
    Thanks for the replies, sounds promising. I take my playbook away with me more often these days to watch video on. Probably worth investing.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 05:59 PM
    Thanks for the replies, sounds promising. I take my playbook away with me more often these days to watch video on. Probably worth investing.

Posted via CB10
    Kalemsoft is definitely worth the investment. And yes, the PlayBook is one purchase, on BB10 phone is a second purchase. It is currently not available on the Z30, but they are working on it.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 06:13 PM
    Any word yet on if the dev' was allowed to have the Q10 go full screen when viewing a movie via hdmi.
    Last I read from him there was a setting he wasn't able to implement because of something BlackBerry didn't allow?

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 06:35 PM