So now that RBC and Bell have married up to bring this functioning but limited access to our banking accounts to life, what about us Blackberrians??

I tried to download the app from Google Play but it says " Genymotion Nexus 7 - 4.2.2 - with Google Apps - API 17 - 1280x800 This item is not compatible with your device."

What gives and is there a work around for this......very curious and anxious as well!!!
    01-22-14 08:57 AM
    Only works with the Samsung Galaxy S3 and S4 right now, but in their press release they state...

"Bell and RBC stated this will be coming to devices including the BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Q10, Bold 9900, Bold 9790, Curve 9360, �and a range of Android devices from manufacturers such as Samsung, Sony, HTC, LG.�
    Paullybob likes this.
    01-22-14 09:10 AM
    Sorry, didn't read that part obviously, lol!! Ahight, I'll be patient and wait.....Is it here yet???

How about now????

Now????
    ATMJOE likes this.
    01-22-14 09:19 AM
    http://mobilesyrup.com/2014/01/22/rb...pring-of-2014/

And they talk about all carriers which is good cause Bell is awful

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 10:07 AM
    It wont be coming to all carriers. Rogers already works with CIBC and from what I understand Telus is going with TD-Canada Trust. People who are with a specific carrier and bank (once hooked) will find it very difficult to port away from some of the services. Financials aside, no one will be jumping carriers (Which is kind of the point)
    01-22-14 11:10 AM
    I use bell and RBC so I hope we get it soon.
    01-22-14 12:00 PM
    It wont be coming to all carriers. Rogers already works with CIBC and from what I understand Telus is going with TD-Canada Trust. People who are with a specific carrier and bank (once hooked) will find it very difficult to port away from some of the services. Financials aside, no one will be jumping carriers (Which is kind of the point)
    Nobody really jumps carriers in Canada anyways
    01-22-14 12:07 PM
    It won't be coming!? I wouldn't be so sure my guess is eventually rbc banking customers can use the app on rogers ect.. why not!? As long as the phone has NFC you would think it would work ie)tims app

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 12:40 PM
    Can somebody explain why these partnerships with carriers and banks are required? It's like a lottery to get the correct combination. One thing for sure, I'll switch carriers before banks.
    01-22-14 12:48 PM
    The Tim Horton's app and Mobile banking are not the same thing (Not even close). Rogers also stated (at first) that their service would be available to other carriers and financial institutions. As it stands now, if Rogers and Bell continue to require a non standard NFC SIM enabled card to operate, then no. If they decide to jump on and use (in BlackBerry's case) BB's SEM (Secure Element Manager), sure, then BB can run the back-end integration and any carrier's SIM card could theoretically be used. Otherwise, Rogers/CIBC would have to convince Bell/RBC (or enter into a reciprocity agreement of some kind) to allow their SIM cards to store their competitors info? Yeah, I see that happening right away.

Anywho, you want to use your RBC Debit/Visa with your device from Bell? These are the requirements.

"There are some current limitations, as it is only available to those who have the Samsung Galaxy S3 or Samsung Galaxy S4 running Jelly Bean “with the correct NFC-enabled SIM card.”

Rogers/CIBC? You have a little more choice, but only in terms of handset choice. You still need a Rogers NFC enabled SIM card.

01-22-14 01:01 PM
    I talked to RBC today, and they suggested BlackBerry would get it in August this year.
    07-02-14 02:54 PM
    I thought it was rbc and rogers?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 11:18 PM