When playing music at 50% volume and below I get very little or NO sound.

When playing the volume at 50% and above I get sound.

Wondering if I should wipe my device and start over or is there some other solution.
    01-22-14 01:43 AM
    I thought it was just me... speakers are perfect when at 100% however u r right when u decrease the volume there's practically no sound at 50%.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 02:15 AM
    I thought it was just me... speakers are perfect when at 100% however u r right when u decrease the volume there's practically no sound at 50%.

Posted via CB10
    Are you using a leak os or original . I am using 1925 and thinking of going back to the original to check it out. If it is an OS issue it can be resolved with an update but if it is a hardware issue I need to return it.
    01-22-14 03:00 AM
    Im not having the issues you are describing.... Can hear audio when its down to 10%.
    01-22-14 03:07 AM
    Im not having the issues you are describing.... Can hear audio when its down to 10%.
    there is sound at 10% but barely
    01-22-14 03:28 AM
    No leaks... best sound quality I every had for a phone when running at 100%. however it's true once u put the volume below 50 sound drops drastically. Must be the os

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 04:48 AM
    No leaks... best sound quality I every had for a phone when running at 100%. however it's true once u put the volume below 50 sound drops drastically. Must be the os

Posted via CB10
    I was just going to wipe my device so I could check the the issue with the original OS but if you have the same issue and using the original OS, I will hold off and do more research.
    01-22-14 04:58 AM
    I'm having the same 'issue'. I'm going to wait til the 10.2.1 official os and see if that will fix the problem.

Proud owner of Q10, Z10 and Z30
    Taede likes this.
    01-22-14 05:55 AM

Wondering if I should wipe my device and start over or is there some other solution.
    Is this really a problem? Don't you get a loud sound from your phone at 100 percent?

Posted via Verizon Z30
    CDM76 likes this.
    01-22-14 06:59 AM
    I get them same results as well. Never noticed because I always have it above 50%

From Z10 to Z30
    01-22-14 07:46 AM
    What happens when you guys keep it at %100 and use the ringtone in "increasing" setting (there is one in Z30, isn't there?) Do you hear volume at lower levels, or is this problem only with music player/video player/etc?

What about when you plug in a headphone?
    01-22-14 01:24 PM
    Is this really a problem? Don't you get a loud sound from your phone at 100 percent?

Posted via Verizon Z30
    This is a problem when you are listening to music at 50% or below, for me that is most of the time. In notifications you can adjust the level and it works fine. So if I am listening to music and I get a notification the notifications are perfect at every level
    0 -100%

The issue only happens when you are donig playback and for me it suggest a software issue.
    Last edited by Taede; 01-22-14 at 05:04 PM.
    01-22-14 04:25 PM
    What happens when you guys keep it at %100 and use the ringtone in "increasing" setting (there is one in Z30, isn't there?) Do you hear volume at lower levels, or is this problem only with music player/video player/etc?

What about when you plug in a headphone?
    Notifications work fine

Playback has the issue no matter how you choose to listen to the playback Headphones included.
    01-22-14 05:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have the STA100-5 and thought it may only be an issue with this model unless others are having the same issue with other models. I am loving my Z30 and if BlackBerry decides to market it, other phone manufacturers with the same or better specs would face some serious heat.
    01-22-14 05:29 PM
    I have the STA100-5 and thought it may only be an issue with this model unless others are having the same issue with other models. I am loving my Z30 and if BlackBerry decides to market it, other phone manufacturers with the same or better specs would face some serious heat.

I think this is the first time we heard this issue here. Good luck and I hope it gets resolved soon.
    01-22-14 07:21 PM
    I think in one of the reviews that I read the sound "quality" was mentioned on the Z30. As quiet/distorted for media but excellent in game/app.

I don't have a problem with my Z30 the volume curve could be a little more gradual, I do notice that at lower volumes 1-2 dashes that there is a hiss that is almost the same volume as the media (speakers only). It's not noticeable in an app.

I did have an issue with the headset volume being low but going up to the latest leak seems to have fixed that.

Edit: ugh now that I've checked I can hear the hiss in apps up to 7-8 dashes over 50%.

Posted via CB10 with a Z30
    01-22-14 09:35 PM
    I think in one of the reviews that I read the sound "quality" was mentioned on the Z30. As quiet/distorted for media but excellent in game/app.

I don't have a problem with my Z30 the volume curve could be a little more gradual, I do notice that at lower volumes 1-2 dashes that there is a hiss that is almost the same volume as the media (speakers only). It's not noticeable in an app.

I did have an issue with the headset volume being low but going up to the latest leak seems to have fixed that.

Edit: ugh now that I've checked I can hear the hiss in apps up to 7-8 dashes over 50%.

Posted via CB10 with a Z30

Is the hiss there with headphones as well? Sometimes another running app causes that.
    01-22-14 09:50 PM

I use neutron music player and built in media player. I don't experience the issue you're having. I just checked it now and without headphones I can still hear the music at 5% volume and at 50% it's loud!

Posted on CB10 using Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925
    01-22-14 10:08 PM
    I use neutron music player and built in media player. I don't experience the issue you're having. I just checked it now and without headphones I can still hear the music at 5% volume and at 50% it's loud!

I use Neutron music player on my Playbook. I like JetAudio and downloaded it to my Z30 Wow!!! very cool. when comparing the two I like Jet Audio much better. You have the same model and you are using the same version of BB10 on your device with No volume issue. I will wipe my device and start over. I hope this resolves my volume issue.
    01-23-14 01:13 AM
    I use Neutron music player on my Playbook. I like JetAudio and downloaded it to my Z30 Wow!!! very cool. when comparing the two I like Jet Audio much better. You have the same model and you are using the same version of BB10 on your device with No volume issue. I will wipe my device and start over. I hope this resolves my volume issue.
    Jet Audio I think is an Android App. I couldn't find it in BBW but saw it in Snap. I'm happy with Neutron. I drove 8 hours listening to my music non-stop. I love the equalizer function as well. One of the best apps for BB.

01-23-14 08:30 PM
    Android apps are generally quieter than native apps for some reason, something to keep in mind.
    01-23-14 11:11 PM