So here's another interesting observation. Would you like to see more Blackberry rumours or less?, after extensive popularity of Apples iPhones and iOS's. Do you think we should see more concepts devices and OS concept ideas flood the forums and YouTube, perhaps to boost its popularity or just leave things the way they are? Let me know I'd like to hear your feed back as Yes! And why? Or No! And why?.
    01-21-14 06:42 PM
    I'm not a fan of concept devices for one reason. - Not a day goes by that we don't get email asking when some concept we posted is going to be released. lol. People still believe the BlackBerry Blade is real.
    pttptppt likes this.
    01-21-14 06:58 PM
    I like the real rumors!! When I first joined CB, there were lots of ninja videos of preleased BlackBerry phones, which was very exciting.

But I agree with Bla1ze... the concept pictures always get reposted as purported real upcoming phones, which is not a good thing at all.
    01-21-14 07:11 PM
    But, the Blade was cool.

And totally the figment of a great imagination.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 07:17 PM
    I'm not a fan of concept devices for one reason. - Not a day goes by that we don't get email asking when some concept we posted is going to be released. lol. People still believe the BlackBerry Blade is real.
    And this is a symptom of the sea change in forums, and their members. There was a time (not too long ago) when people would be castigated for posting before searching, for creating duplicate threads, or or posting in a thread before they fully read the preceding posts.

All of those points of etiquette are long gone; if somebody has a hankering for an update on the next software release, they simply post their question without ever noticing there are already 72 other threads with the exact same title. Or, "that's not a real phone? I just saw the pic, no time to read the words that went with it". It's the Instagram generation, words are too much work.

The only solutions are to ignore the threads/posts, delete them, or answer them. All three solutions come at somebody's expense. There is no cure for ignorance.
    01-21-14 07:50 PM
    I like rumors, I believe they keep people interested and curious about that device.
    If no rumors about a device or even an OS, nobody will be like crazy waiting on it (why we are waiting so much with high expectations 10.2.X? Because the lot of rumors we are getting that will include this or that and whatever).

I always believed that rumors is another cheap great marketing strategy, like: Oh! an Apple employee forgot again (yeah again, same situation twice??) in a bar a prototype device, oh no!. And people Google about that, Blogs talks about that, people comment about that.
    01-21-14 08:43 PM