Hi there,

I recently installed the Leak 1925 on my Z10 and I really am happy with it, but for just one thing...
    There's an Android APK I would like to use, but it keeps crashing. Is there any way to find out why?

The thing is, it worked fine as a sideloaded BAR on the official 10.2.0.429 Firmware.
    But neither the APK, nor a newly converted BAR nor the most actual APK from Google Play works anymore.
    The App concerned is: GPS Nav & Maps (Skobbler)
    It always crashes as soon as the App wants to load the Map view.

Every help is appreciated!

Best regards,
    Daniel
    01-21-14 06:25 AM
    That sounds like your app is using the google maps api. You can try to patch the apk with Cobalt232's APK Patcher
    01-21-14 06:44 AM
    That sounds like your app is using the google maps api. You can try to patch the apk with Cobalt232's APK Patcher
    Then why does it work on 10.2.0.429?
    01-21-14 07:12 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    Tried the APK Patcher, but unfortunately it only finds a google play services dependency.
    I installed both APKs from the output directory but it didn't work...
    01-21-14 07:29 AM
    Then why does it work on 10.2.0.429?
    Yeah, really don't know that...
    Maybe the app refers to a folder which doesn't exist on my Z10?
    01-21-14 07:30 AM
    Yeah, really don't know that...
    Maybe the app refers to a folder which doesn't exist on my Z10?
    Is the APK you're using on 10.2.1 the exact APK you used on 10.2.0 ?

If not, you can extract the old APK from the old bar file (the bar works on 10.2.0). Simply change the name of the file from x.bar to x.bar.zip. You can then open x.bar.zip with any zip tool. The APK will be in the /android folder in x.bar.zip. You can then extract the APK and try to install it on your 10.2.1 device.
    01-21-14 07:40 AM
    Thanks mnc76. Didn't work unfortunately...

Could it be that I have some old data of the not working apk now on my device? Since after installing this APK extracted from the BAR, the App didn't show me the Android Navigation Bar. So I guess it somewhere is holding old data...
    01-21-14 08:05 AM
    Thanks mnc76. Didn't work unfortunately...

Could it be that I have some old data of the not working apk now on my device? Since after installing this APK extracted from the BAR, the App didn't show me the Android Navigation Bar. So I guess it somewhere is holding old data...
    Could be. Google Maps seems to have that issue (happened to me on 10.1 and 10.2 official) where it will work after the first sideload, but if you delete it and try to install a different version it won't work. Also, if you try to reinstall the old version, then that no longer works (even though it worked initially).

Only solution to get GMaps again was for me to do an OS wipe/reinstall.
    djtest113 likes this.
    01-21-14 08:55 AM
    I downloaded the light version directly through Snap and it works right out of the box. I also tried navigation for a short trip.

Maybe something went wrong with your leak installation. Maybe a complete os wipe could help
    djtest113 likes this.
    01-21-14 12:31 PM
    Thanks Hightower. Will give it a try this weekend and post the result.

Gesendet von meinem Z10 mit Tapatalk
    01-21-14 02:52 PM
    It would be good to know why an APK crashes. I am trying to get Google Drive to work, and it crashes. Google Plus also also crashes. I'm guessing that I need Play Services... but I had to uninstall this to get Google Maps to work. So, between Maps and Drive + Plus combination, I'll choose to live without the latter two.
    01-21-14 11:23 PM
    It would be good to know why an APK crashes. I am trying to get Google Drive to work, and it crashes. Google Plus also also crashes. I'm guessing that I need Play Services... but I had to uninstall this to get Google Maps to work. So, between Maps and Drive + Plus combination, I'll choose to live without the latter two.
    You can use my Blackberry Logger and look at the Android Runtime logfiles in realtime. This may help to find the problem. Downloadlink is in my signature.
    01-22-14 06:16 PM
    These apps won't work since they use "Google Play Services" software, which is currently not supported by the Android runtime on BB10.

Google Play Services is *not* open source, so BlackBerry needs to get permission from Google to use them, but so far, Google has not given them permission.

CB10 : Z10 STL100-3 10.2.0.1803
    01-23-14 07:03 AM