Now the PlayBook is dead I'm struggling to find a use for it other than a digital photo frame. Even my kids don't use it as they prefer their modern games in there tablet. I was wondering if anyone found a good use for it or if any hackers have had there way with it yet and done something special?

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 12:51 PM
    Now the PlayBook is dead I'm struggling to find a use for it other than a digital photo frame. Even my kids don't use it as they prefer their modern games in there tablet. I was wondering if anyone found a good use for it or if any hackers have had there way with it yet and done something special?

Posted via CB10
    there's been no luck hacking the bootloader,,, there's quite a few ways to continue using your pb,,, search for some threads, there are several...
    01-20-14 12:55 PM
    I use mine as a desktop clock and weather terminal also it stores all my music because I have it as a wifi drive as well

C001B7B16 The Gif Exchange
    01-20-14 01:00 PM
    I was using the PB for Kobo and WiFi in hotels.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 01-20-14 at 02:35 PM.
    01-20-14 01:00 PM
    I use mine as a Kindle, a media player and the games are better than having reading material in the crapper.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 01:01 PM
    Will have a look cheers

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 01:02 PM
    Hook it up to your TV via HDMI and use it for music and movies controlled by your BB phone with bridge.
    donmateo likes this.
    01-20-14 01:02 PM
    I got the experia z tab and I love it but I'm still waiting for the 4.3 update in UK. It was released in december

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 01:07 PM
    I used it for media with hdmi for years and it works really well especially with a phone as a remote but I don't need it for that no more. It's such a shame it's served me well

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 01:14 PM
    Grandkids use mine to watch the Disney videos I loaded on it, along with some pre-schooler games.

It is a BlackBerry so hacking isn't possible. There is a way to fool it into allowing you to load a early developer version of BB10 on it... but it is pretty unusable.
    01-20-14 01:50 PM
    Used tablet TV app to watch an old TV episode I missed. Hooked it up to HDMI on my TV and it worked quite well. I use it every day as a web browser (slow compared to my Z10) and for Cdn news apps. Use for games such as NFS Undercover and Modern Combat.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 01:53 PM
    Just curious but do the original reasons you obtained a PB no longer exist.
    I still use mine for the same things I originally purchased it for.
    Work apps, games music camera email movies surfing the Web bedside clock using BedBuzz. Video recorder at kids plays swim meets family get together etc.
    This thing has so many uses and I always have one of my three with me.

Posted via CB10
    Omahahaha and CerveloJohn like this.
    01-20-14 02:08 PM
    Really good idea about Disney films games and apps for pre school for the grandkids I can't believe I didn't think of that. C that's why I love crackberry. It's not that its unusable but tech has moved on a little. Still love it tho

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 02:27 PM
    Would use it more if they only updated the Browser to like the one for BlackBerry 10

That with HDMI and Bridge and you're good to go

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 02:51 PM
    Mount it on your fridge to turn your fridge into internet enabled.
    Omahahaha likes this.
    01-20-14 02:52 PM
    It is a BlackBerry so hacking isn't possible.
    That's the part that makes me sad. The PlayBook's hardware was amazing for its day and the speakers are still some of the best I've ever heard on a mobile device, but the locked boot loader kills it.

It would be pretty awesome if we could run Android Kit Kat on the PlayBook like the Motorola Xoom and HP TouchPad can.
    01-20-14 02:58 PM