I was amazed at how easy it was to load the leak on my Q10. One of our fellow Crackberrians suggested I write this thread to help others see how simple it is so here goes:

First, download the latest version of Link and install it on your computer. Connect your BB and do a full backup. Then go to this thread and download the leak that is appropriate for your device: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ll-q-z-887047/ . The destination is a site known as MEGA.

Now go to this thread and download the appropriate radio file for your device: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-4-z30-891107/ .

Now go here and download a copy of the 7Zip program (you will need it to unzip the files you just downloaded): 7-Zip .

Unzip the files into their respective directories with the 7Zip program. Make sure after backup to close BlackBerry Link prior to run autolader.

Keeping your BB plugged into your computer (and keeping your phone on), now double-click on the unzipped 10.2 "Autoloader" file. It will pop up a command line window and start running a script. It will grab your phone and erase it and load the 10.2 software on it. Just give it a few minutes and you will observe your phone going through the motions and finally restart wiped clean.

Now, after you can tell it is all finished, double-click on the 10.2 "Radio" file. It also will pop up a command line window and run a script very similar to the last one. You will observe your phone restarting and all just like last time. Once it is finished and you have a "Welcome to BlackBerry" fresh login screen go ahead and login to your phone and do a quick setup just to get it to where it is a normal login.

Very important, especially for gamers: Reload your apps BEFORE restore to have your game progress restored. If you reload apps AFTER restore you will LOSE ALL GAME PROGRESS.

Now perform a restore on your phone from Link. Some guys have said there are issues restoring from Link on here because you are restoring 10.1 information to a 10.2 load, but I did not have any issues. Once the Restore is finished login to your phone and you will be amazed at the new experience.

Now, if you want to be able to sideload Android apps (including SNAP), go to this site and download the DDPB Installer application: http://www.mediafire.com/download/b3...mtmcn/DDPB.msi .

Once DDPB is installed, follow the instructions below:

1) On your BlackBerry 10 device, go to Settings by swiping down from top on Home Screen
    2) Go into Security and Privacy > Development Mode
    3) Switch on ‘Use Development Mode’. If your phone doesn’t have a password lock, enter any password when prompted. E.g. your name (Not 123, abc etc)
    4) Now go back to Settings > About & choose Network category from the slide-down menu
    5) Note IPv4 number E.g. 192.168.1.101
    6) Now run DDPB Installer on PC & enter the IPv4 number into ‘PlayBook IP Address’ space along with device password you entered on BB10 device
    7) Click ‘Connect’ & your phone will be connected to DDPB Installer, If any error prompts, re-check the IP address entered
    8) Now click on Add & choose the converted Android files downloaded. Check the apps tick mark in listing window & click Install
    9) A new window pops-up showing process & once its done you will have the Android apps installed on BB10
    10) Now go back into Security and Privacy > Development Mode & turn off development mode. Remove password if you don’t want any from Security and Privacy > Device Password

Now go to this thread and you will find step by step instructions on how to obtain and install SNAP (you will basically install it per the instructions above with the DDPB tool). SNAP is a very cool program that will function exactly like the Google Play store (for all I know maybe it is a plugin to the Google Play store) where you can browse and search exactly like you do on an Android and download exactly the same way too: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-2-1-a-874153/

I am so excited about the 10.2 functionality it is so worth the risk of a leak. It is almost like having a new phone.

Good luck!
    Last edited by thidisbogus; 03-09-14 at 12:11 AM.
    01-19-14 09:21 PM
    hi thanks, ... but you do know that you don't need to sideload anymore, you can sideload snap to download directly from the google play store?

Ok, I have deleted your other thread you started, please keep it to one section of the forum please.
    01-19-14 09:30 PM
    Can i ask a question (dumbone i know), why did you install the seperate radio file? doesn't legends one come with one? or is this one better?
    01-19-14 11:55 PM
    Can i ask a question (dumbone i know), why did you install the seperate radio file? doesn't legends one come with one? or is this one better?
    It is trial and error, need to give what you have a spin for a few days before jumping to new

Sent from what ever device I got my hands on via Tapatalk
    01-20-14 12:13 AM
    It is trial and error, need to give what you have a spin for a few days before jumping to new
    Thanks for the reply, so what am I measuring just so i know, that should I try a different radio file and i can see a difference? ( call connection speed? text recieve speed?)
    01-20-14 12:25 AM
    Thanks for the reply, so what am I measuring just so i know, that should I try a different radio file and i can see a difference? ( call connection speed? text recieve speed?)
    That's exactly what you need to look for
    01-20-14 02:04 AM
    Nice writeup. I will actually side load the leaked OS today based on this writeup. Thank you

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 02:06 AM
    I know how easy it is to install latest leaks and all the goodies that come with it such as direct apk installation, however everytime we install new leak and even with restoring, data and settiing associated with the android apps that was installed is gone, have to do manual setup again on those apps, unless one is doing official upgrade I guess.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 02:42 AM
    My suggestion would be to try a different radio file only if you are finding issues with the included one, not make changes for the sake of making changes.
    geekaren likes this.
    01-20-14 05:59 AM
    Finally I found a full explanation!

I hated bouncing back in forums and asking questions and not getting answers!

You sir, are the man!
    Honua likes this.
    01-20-14 01:39 PM
    I thought they leaked a copy of the OS installation guide for dummies. lol

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    01-20-14 01:42 PM
    Just to remind after backup close BlackBerry Link prior to run autolader.

Posted from my flagship Z30 10.2.1.1925
    PaulyDoyle and LuisCast like this.
    01-20-14 02:03 PM
    Can we sticky thi thread, so we can stop getting the 100 threads of " how do I install a leak?"

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 02:23 PM
    Very glad I could be of help. I was also frustrated going back and forth between threads piecing it together.
    01-20-14 11:04 PM
    Please edit op to have everyone reload their apps BEFORE restore to have their game progress restored. If you reload apps AFTER restore you will LOSE ALL GAME PROGRESS.

Trusted Member Genius
    01-21-14 01:43 AM
    Please edit op to have everyone reload their apps BEFORE restore to have their game progress restored. If you reload apps AFTER restore you will LOSE ALL GAME PROGRESS.

Trusted Member Genius
    Does this apply to android apps and games which were previously installed using direct apk method? How about those sideloaded apps and games?
    01-21-14 02:18 AM

Trusted Member Genius
    Appreciate the input. I edited the original instructions to reflect this.
    01-21-14 06:58 PM
    Does this apply to android apps and games which were previously installed using direct apk method? How about those sideloaded apps and games?
    I do not know the answer to this one. Does anyone else know this answer?
    01-21-14 06:58 PM
    If you loaded it through DDBP, then you'll have to reinstall it. As for the apk installs, you shouldn't have to reinstall them. It's on your phones memory and the backup will keep it intact. Also, thid, you should put in the instructions to shut Link down after you're done with the back-up. Link will open back up during a power cycle, as well. Make sure you keep an eye on it and shut it back down. It can create issues. What those are? I think it can corrupt the install.
    01-22-14 06:08 AM
    when you download the leak, it makes an .exe file. how do you do this on a mac>?
    01-22-14 05:49 PM
    Thank you for the lamens terms...way easier

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 08:39 PM
    when you download the leak, it makes an .exe file. how do you do this on a mac>?
    Let me google that for you
    01-23-14 07:13 AM
    Cool Post.
    Last edited by DYLANHABKIRK; 02-03-14 at 10:03 PM.
    01-26-14 03:15 PM
    My experience is that Android APK installed apps are not backed up/restored through Link. I have tried to do a full restore twice, and both times my APK installed apps disappeared off the device and I was forced to write them off in regards to getting my data back.

For example I lost all of my Clash of Clans progress and haven't found a way too get it back. I even emailed CoC support with no response:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=893906
    Conversely if an APK game like Candy Crush will save your progress to/via a third party site like Facebook, then you are good to go.

A really useful app would be one that backs up you Android APK data to a file you could sync off your device periodically. It would also be nice if Link properly backed up and restored Android APK data.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    Last edited by HotFix; 01-27-14 at 07:51 AM.
    01-26-14 04:04 PM
    good tips!
    01-27-14 06:44 AM
30 12