Superbowl is coming fast. I would be stoked if there is a good BB10 commercial featuring the Z30.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    nt300 likes this.
    01-19-14 08:36 PM
    I agree. And not one like last year. One that actually shows the device off.

Posted via Melissa, BBZ10
    nt300 likes this.
    01-19-14 08:37 PM
    Agreed, but I think it would be known by now if they were doing one.
    01-19-14 08:38 PM
    Agreed, but I think it would be known by now if they were doing one.
    Maybe not. We didn't really know what was going to happen last year.
    01-19-14 08:42 PM
    Maybe not. We didn't really know what was going to happen last year.
    Yes we did. There was tons of talk about it and even a behind the scenes preview here on Crackberry well before it was time for the Super Bowl: http://crackberry.com/blackberry-sup...weekend-update

They had even mentioned it before this posting.
    01-19-14 08:45 PM
    Waste of money, all it will accomplish is a bunch of Drunk guys making fun of BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Tabdus, SK122387, ajst222 and 1 others like this.
    01-19-14 09:02 PM
    John Chen should make a commercial with himself assuring everyone BB is here to stay and briefly discuss QNX, BBM, BES and BB10.
    RAFA1 and nt300 like this.
    01-19-14 09:04 PM
    No

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 09:06 PM
    Waste of money, all it will accomplish is a bunch of Drunk guys making fun of BlackBerry
    Posted via CB10
    Washington vs Colorado, they won't be drunk
    DenverRalphy likes this.
    01-19-14 09:14 PM
    Washington vs Colorado, they won't be drunk
    Touch� haha

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 09:20 PM
    I completely disagree. Until BlackBerry has a developed ecosystem on an actual high end phone that people will want, marketing won't be effective. They might check out the phone but will then quickly find out that it won't suit their needs and that money spent would be a complete waste.

Photo a Day Channel: C002B5A07
    01-19-14 10:05 PM
    John Chen should make a commercial with himself assuring everyone BB is here to stay and briefly discuss QNX, BBM, BES and BB10.
    Yes...because there's no one Americans know and trust more than strange unfamiliar Asian businessmen.

TheAmazingHarold and JeepBB like this.
    01-19-14 10:06 PM
    The super bowl is super expensive to advertise in, I think BlackBerry would be better off marketing elsewhere.

-Posted from CB10 via Z10-
    01-19-14 10:11 PM
    I completely disagree. Until BlackBerry has a developed ecosystem on an actual high end phone that people will want, marketing won't be effective. They might check out the phone but will then quickly find out that it won't suit their needs and that money spent would be a complete waste.

Yes, because crap products have never sold well as a result of good marketing

Perception is everything. 2+2=5
    01-19-14 10:12 PM
    Yes, because crap products have never sold well as a result of good marketing

Perception is everything. 2+2=5
    Like what? The iPhone? That just sounds like something someone around here would say. Crap products can sell only if the company has a fantastic "cool" image.

01-19-14 10:18 PM
    It's too late to promote the z30 (solid product, however a dud from a sales pov). Blackberry should regroup a strike hard this year that way they could hopefully promote a bad a word device come next Super Bowl.

Edit: removed a followed by $ signs.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    01-19-14 10:23 PM
    I've bought 3 secs of airtime. It's just gonna be a flash of me, naked and holding a Z30. You're all gonna remember this one.
    01-19-14 10:27 PM
    Like what? The iPhone? That just sounds like something someone around here would say. Crap products can sell only if the company has a fantastic "cool" image.

I wasn't thinking of the iPhone, and I wouldn't call the iPhone crap (certainly not a the best product for my needs and I would argue overpriced, but not crap).

Further, I think the current BlackBerry devices are excellent products. They can certainly be improved upon, but the basics are there and my Z10 does everything I would need out of any smartphone.
    01-19-14 10:30 PM
    I wasn't thinking of the iPhone, and I wouldn't call the iPhone crap (certainly not a the best product for my needs and I would argue overpriced, but not crap).

Further, I think the current BlackBerry devices are excellent products. They can certainly be improved upon, but the basics are there and my Z10 does everything I would need out of any smartphone.
    But to a lot of real consumers, it doesn't, and that is mainly due to the lack of ecosystem. And you don't expect iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone users to do extra work to install leaks and sideloads apps all for an OS that isn't truly better than what they already own. It's tough to market a phone that doesn't fit people's needs especially if you (as a company) are viewed as a laughing stock by the majority of the consumer market.

01-19-14 10:37 PM
    Yes...because there's no one Americans know and trust more than strange unfamiliar Asian businessmen.

Companies frequently use their CEOs in commercials. Maybe if you actually took time to think about the possibility instead of writing a useless response, you could have come to a rational thought process.
    01-19-14 10:41 PM
    But to a lot of real consumers, it doesn't, and that is mainly due to the lack of ecosystem. And you don't expect iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone users to do extra work to install leaks and sideloads apps all for an OS that isn't truly better than what they already own. It's tough to market a phone that doesn't fit people's needs especially if you (as a company) are viewed as a laughing stock by the majority of the consumer market.

Beginning with your last sentence: Exactly. Which is why they should market their device, which does meet people's needs, and overturn the view as a laughingstock and obtain financial prosperity.

No ecosystem? BlackBerry 10 has all the social networks, including Instagram via third party clients, and the majority of the games. On top of that, with 10.2.1 practically any android app can be run. There's your ecosystem.

So BlackBerry should bring up those facts, challenge the naysayers and disbelievers with the evidence that BB10 is a superior product, and they'll do fine. BlackBerry 10 will meet consumers needs. The problem is that consumers believe it won't. Hence, the need for advertising.

As far as not truly better, I challenge you to show me anything on any platform as effective as the Hub for ease of access to all your communications in one location. I have Android, iOS, WP8, and other OS products. Let me tell you, there's nothing out there that I've found that holds a candle to hub for ease and productivity.
    01-19-14 10:44 PM
    Companies frequently use their CEOs in commercials. Maybe if you actually took time to think about the possibility instead of writing a useless response, you could have come to a rational thought process.
    It wasn't a useless response at all. People won't listen. They don't know Chen. If it was Bill Gates people might, but that's not the situation. Companies like what? Sprint? Those commercials were effective. Virgin, maybe, but guess what: Richard Branson is actually a somebody. Chen is a nobody as far as most people are concerned and consumers aren't going to buy a nobody telling them that BlackBerry is OK when the media says otherwise.

JeepBB likes this.
    01-19-14 10:52 PM
    Beginning with your last sentence: Exactly. Which is why they should market their device, which does meet people's needs, and overturn the view as a laughingstock and obtain financial prosperity.

No ecosystem? BlackBerry 10 has all the social networks, including Instagram via third party clients, and the majority of the games. On top of that, with 10.2.1 practically any android app can be run. There's your ecosystem.

So BlackBerry should bring up those facts, challenge the naysayers and disbelievers with the evidence that BB10 is a superior product, and they'll do fine. BlackBerry 10 will meet consumers needs. The problem is that consumers believe it won't. Hence, the need for advertising.

As far as not truly better, I challenge you to show me anything on any platform as effective as the Hub for ease of access to all your communications in one location. I have Android, iOS, WP8, and other OS products. Let me tell you, there's nothing out there that I've found that holds a candle to hub for ease and productivity.
    Sideloading shouldn't be expected of people and I explained that earlier. Without the NATIVE apps (meaning in BlackBerry World), to consumers, BlackBerry doesn't have them.

The Hub doesn't make BB10 better. That's like saying "I challenge you to find a phone with a better camera than the Lumia 1020" plus, the Hub is a personal preference. Some might not like having everything mushed into one. A lot of things that I've heard people say "make BB10 better" are personal preference such as the Hub, gestures, multitasking/active frames, etc.

01-19-14 10:58 PM
    Sideloading shouldn't be expected of people and I explained that earlier. Without the NATIVE apps (meaning in BlackBerry World), to consumers, BlackBerry doesn't have them.

The Hub doesn't make BB10 better. That's like saying "I challenge you to find a phone with a better camera than the Lumia 1020" plus, the Hub is a personal preference. Some might not like having everything mushed into one. A lot of things that I've heard people say "make BB10 better" are personal preference such as the Hub, gestures, multitasking/active frames, etc.

Hub absolutely makes BB10 better. Unless you prefer to not be able to access all your communications in a single place? I suppose if you prefer inefficiency, hub isn't better.
    You probably can't find a better phone camera than the Lumia 1020. But professional photographers are buying cameras for that, not phones. A phone is mainly for communication (I'm pretty sure that's still the case).

Android apps on BlackBerry are technically native. And with third party app stores like Amazon App Store, no side loading is necessary. I don't think you're going to go so far as to say the Amazon App Store isn't a meaningful place to get apps? And all you have to do to install it is click, once 10.2.1 is official (which I imagine we both agree BlackBerry needs to get a move on with).

I'm a bit confused why you continue to state that BlackBerry 10 is not sufficient for people's needs, yet you're in a BlackBerry fan forum? Obviously you must have some attachment to BlackBerry devices to feel the need to post here, so the pessimism and seeming dislike for BlackBerry devices confuses me.
    01-19-14 11:08 PM
    I disagree... how do you think any company gets the word out or promotes what they are selling. they MARKET the **** out of their product. You NEED marketing in this day of age and word of mouth is the most effective way and it's essentially free and that's what this website is all about. They need a great marketing strategy that is effective but yet feasible.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 11:18 PM
42 12