According to a tweet...

Drake wanted to stay home to play some Scrabble https://t.co/WjZZbyoHh2

On his table, you'll see the best BBOS device ever.

Rapper Drake Still Rockin' the 9930-_new_tw_rail_img.png

Man I miss my 9930 sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 12:16 AM
    He needs to upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 12:23 AM
    He needs to upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    Abso(freakig)lutely

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 12:27 AM
    Drake is such a sick dude! I can't understand whyy BlackBerry haven't gave him freebies! Pfft worst behaviour!

Hook the brother up!

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 12:28 AM
    According to a tweet...

Drake wanted to stay home to play some Scrabble https://t.co/WjZZbyoHh2

On his table, you'll see the best BBOS device ever.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_new_Tw_rail_img.png 
Views:	3439 
Size:	434.4 KB 
ID:	239761

Man I miss my 9930 sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    He writes music on his BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 12:45 AM
    Maybe he's not yet eligible for an upgrade and doesn't want to pay full price for a new device. )

Z10
    aminrajabi, deptech and andy957 like this.
    01-19-14 12:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah but maybe he can start using BB10 to write his music.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 12:52 AM
    I can see him using a P9981/2

Sent via Porsche Design BlackBerry�
    01-19-14 12:55 AM
    I can see him using a P9981/2

I agree.

BlackBerry should at least put him up on the Q10 game!

They should tweet to him publicly offering to hook him up with a new Q10, so people who follow BlackBerry can retweet it. Public perception is huge thing, and someone like Drake is hugely popular in the U.S.

He's cool without being a criminal, and him having a Q10 would be great for BlackBerry (and great for Drake's life!)
    01-19-14 01:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    That was like 5yrs ago man. He wrote lyrics ... not music!
    01-19-14 01:12 AM
    He would have been my first pick over alicia keys. Hes even mentioned BlackBerry in his raps for free. He should endorse! People love him... even the raptors are getting hype from him

Red Zed 10
    01-19-14 01:43 AM
    Tru-dat He is from Canada would help get the word out and maybe make a hip-hop song about it.
    Blackberry_Boss likes this.
    01-19-14 02:15 AM
    I agree.

They should tweet to him publicly offering to hook him up with a new Q10, so people who follow BlackBerry can retweet it. Public perception is huge thing, and someone like Drake is hugely popular in the U.S.

He's cool without being a criminal, and him having a Q10 would be great for BlackBerry (and great for Drake's life!)
    absolutely true, i mean he's a big icon. I have a hope for blackberry they just need to get the right strategy and it involves putting the right person on the plan.

SK122387 likes this.
    01-19-14 02:28 AM
    you know, some people in this world still just want a (cell) phone for the uses of calling, texting and possibly little widgets like weather, alarm clock and that's it. I would know, I have a friend who just had a feature phone up until now (we're 30 now) and he got an android as a gift and hates it. I would say Drake is probably no different, he probably doesn't care too much for apps and yes it's known he writes his material on his phone and I'm sure he if he uses an app at all, it's a text pad app or something of the like.

I'm not a big fan of his music but i know he's got major clout. I love the idea of putting a Q10 in his hands. Alicia Keys was a mistake from the beginning. I still have yet to find out what the woman did for us in the BBRY community.
    andy957 likes this.
    01-19-14 02:43 AM
    If you read the info about Alicia Keys and BlackBerry, it was not meant for her to be a public endorsement or act as the celebrity face of BlackBerry. She was leading an initiative there for scholarships or something of the nature.

http://m.crackberry.com/alicia-keys-...tor-blackberry

http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-a...s-january-30th

I think people are giving her a hard time without really understanding what she was there for. That's not fair.

Also, BlackBerry is a very conservative company. Using music artists for public endorsement isn't them. They would use a highly successful billionaire business person that would influence everyone on Wall Street to go with a Q10.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 08:01 AM

Also, BlackBerry is a very conservative company. Using music artists for public endorsement isn't them. They would use a highly successful billionaire business person that would influence everyone on Wall Street to go with a Q10.

Posted via CB10
    If they wanna focus on enterprise then your words are true, but if they want to get any traction from the youth they'll have to use some music icons . Didn't they use to have Will.IAM before?
    I'm not a fan of drake personally but he's famous and people read for him and watch his videos, so he could pretty well get the publicity job done.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055
    Otech#CB likes this.
    01-19-14 08:20 AM
    Drake was on Saturday Night Life yesterday and he was really, really good. Canadian, broad appeal and talented. Probably a good BlackBerry representative to reach the younger fans.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    Otech#CB likes this.
    01-19-14 09:50 AM
    Drake was on Saturday Night Life yesterday and he was really, really good. Canadian, broad appeal and talented. Probably a good BlackBerry representative to reach the younger fans.

Did you notice if he had his BlackBerry on him?
    01-19-14 10:02 AM
    I agree.

That could always backfire, if he's holding on to his 9900 there's no guarantees he'll like the Q10, in fact he'll probably hate it as it's nothing like the 9900 except in general looks.
    01-19-14 11:39 AM
    If you read the info about Alicia Keys and BlackBerry, it was not meant for her to be a public endorsement or act as the celebrity face of BlackBerry. She was leading an initiative there for scholarships or something of the nature.

Alicia Keys is the new Global Creative Director at BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

Official Statement: BlackBerry and Alicia Keys to part ways as of January 30th | CrackBerry.com

I think people are giving her a hard time without really understanding what she was there for. That's not fair.

Posted via CB10
    the fact that you couldn't give me specifics clearly shows how much of a mistake it was to pay her for whatever you feel she did. Those links just talk about when she was put on. A global creative director she was not. Yeah, she led a scholarship initiative for aspiring women i believe, and it was stated that not enough persons applied for the scholarship... the underlying reason being that she should have helped substantially with marketing and design, which she obviously didn't. And seeing how they didn't generate good sales, they dumped her. Just because you believe BBRY is conservative and wouldn't hire a celebrity to help sales doesn't meant that it actually didn't happen. What's done is done and Alicia was no help. Drake on the other hand would have been a different story, just for the simple fact that you could see him typing on the Q10 in commercials- i believe a commercial like that alone could start selling BB10 phones. But we have yet to see any remote kind of marketing for BlackBerry 10. I've seen 2 commercials around SuperBowl time and neither of them showed the capabilities of the BB10 phone.
    01-19-14 11:52 AM
    That could always backfire, if he's holding on to his 9900 there's no guarantees he'll like the Q10, in fact he'll probably hate it as it's nothing like the 9900 except in general looks.
    I doubt it. The Q10 is pretty solid. If you have one, you should update it

Posted with my Q10!
    extisis likes this.
    01-19-14 12:47 PM
    I doubt it. The Q10 is pretty solid. If you have one, you should update it

Posted with my Q10!
    I do and there's no updates available yet. I upgraded to a leak last year and before Christmas it deleted all my texts and 3 months of emails. If that would happen to Drake can you imagine the backlash?
    01-19-14 12:56 PM
    I bet the 9930 works best for him as a world traveler. Similar to O'Leary, he couldn't get the same world wide roaming and access rates as he did on his BB7 phone. Maybe these new, worldwide roaming packages from U.S. providers helps BB10 get fair shot at replacing that functionality.
    01-19-14 01:08 PM
    Did you notice if he had his BlackBerry on him?
    No,sorry. I was busy multi tasking and did not notice. But I knew he was a huge BlackBerry fan. YouTube was busy with comments on his past BlackBerry promos.

01-19-14 06:20 PM
    Kudos to him for using BB, but I'm not a fan of him. I don't consider him a "rapper." Hip-hop, yeah. Rap? No.
    01-19-14 07:09 PM
74 123