Before BBM was released for Android (and iOS), I kept hyping-up to my wife how awesome BBM is! So, when the (actual) release date came around, I downloaded it to her phone and had her try it out. She opens up BBM, turns her phone to the side and slides out the keyboard... but it doesn't rotate! The problem is you HAVE to use the phone in landscape to use the hardware keyboard.

So, now she won't (understandably) use BBM. She's using a Samsung Captivate Glide and from what I can tell, she's never had problems with any other apps not rotating, so why can't Blackberry get this right? I've tried delete/reinstall/upgrade the app and nothing.
    01-18-14 11:33 PM
    The BBM app doesn't even rotate on BlackBerry 10 devices.
    01-18-14 11:39 PM
    The BBM app doesn't even rotate on BlackBerry 10 devices.
    Which is odd, because the conversations rotate if accessed from the Hub.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 11:42 PM
    Which is odd, because the conversations rotate if accessed from the Hub.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, only from the Hub.
    01-18-14 11:48 PM
    I have a friend who deleted BBM from his S4 a few days ago; he had the complaint from the beginning that it didn't have a landscape option, but what killed it for him was (he claims) it was screwed up.

BBM: Bad first impression-img_20140118_234929.jpg
    Last edited by Reubechs; 01-20-14 at 02:39 AM.
    dHatDUde_RudiE likes this.
    01-18-14 11:50 PM
    Yes a lot of people complain about landscape mode and in my opinion, options like this will bring more people to BBM but they still didn't bring it on.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 02:28 AM
    Amazing. None of my friends use landscape mode on their phones. Especially a big phone like the S4.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    CerveloJohn and NaveeDo like this.
    01-19-14 01:12 PM
    Amazing. None of my friends use landscape mode on their phones. Especially a big phone like the S4.

I've only observed landscape being used for games and videos on various devices. In my friend's case I know why he wants landscape so bad, he upgraded from an Epic 4G with a landscape slideout keyboard. He liked it. He misses that keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    jimbowman111 likes this.
    01-19-14 03:05 PM
    I can't recommend BBM until they fix a lot of the bugs, especially BBM groups. I sometimes don't get any of my group messages until either the next day or days later. This is unacceptable and one of the many reasons I can't recommend it. I use it because I'm part of some groups and like bbm. But, I can completely understand why people uninstall this app. As it stands on both Android and iOS, there are better messaging apps. Hopefully, they fix many issues in the next update.

01-19-14 08:23 PM
    I can't recommend BBM until they fix a lot of the bugs, especially BBM groups. I sometimes don't get any of my group messages until either the next day or days later. This is unacceptable and one of the many reasons I can't recommend it. I use it because I'm part of some groups and like bbm. But, I can completely understand why people uninstall this app. As it stands on both Android and iOS, there are better messaging apps. Hopefully, they fix many issues in the next update.

I get all my messages instantly

CerveloJohn likes this.
    01-19-14 11:05 PM
    I get all my messages instantly

And that doesn't change the fact that it doesn't work properly for him.
    DenverRalphy and SmileDahling like this.
    01-21-14 04:22 PM
    And that doesn't change the fact that it doesn't work properly for him.
    Lol. I'm just stating that everyone doesn't have that issue. This is the most "tight ***" forum I've ever been a part of. I wasn't trying to be a smart *** about it

01-22-14 08:48 AM
    I forgot to mention that on several occasions our conversations (just simple messages) wouldn't come through for hours. Not quite sure where the fault lies, whether it's BBM on Android, the BBM network, or some other component.
    01-22-14 01:53 PM

Its running perfectly on my Samsung Note 3.

Sent from my SM-N900 using CB Forums mobile app
    01-22-14 06:07 PM
    Its running perfectly on my Samsung Note 3.

I have a 9850 and exclusively type in landscape as I hate typing in portrait on it.
    01-22-14 06:11 PM
    I have no idea why some people got delayed messages but mine working good.

Message delayed only when we're out of coverage or having network problems.

Sent using Tapatalk
    01-22-14 06:17 PM
    I have a 9850 and exclusively type in landscape as I hate typing in portrait on it.
    Its the other way around for me

01-22-14 08:46 PM
    Its the other way around for me

That is why choice is always good. We both get what we want.
    01-23-14 12:22 PM
    Wife tried It on her s3. Made it lock up and killed the battery. She won't try it again.
    01-23-14 01:26 PM
    Wife tried It on her s3. Made it lock up and killed the battery. She won't try it again.
    Yes, pretty much like that on android I'm curious why blackberry haven't do anything about it.

Sent using Tapatalk
    01-23-14 05:06 PM
    I used to get my messages instantly. But lately on this latest version (1.0.3.87), Msgs don't get delivered instantly, I have to open the app just to fetch messages.

Other messaging app get their messages as soon as I connect to the Internet.

Sent using Tapatalk Pro
    01-23-14 08:01 PM
    Now, I can't add a contact who is on BBOs7. Invites are still pending on her side. And she doesn't receive mine. C'mon BB, this is getting embarrassingly ridiculous. This is so basic.

Sent using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by miguelarkanghell; 02-04-14 at 12:06 AM.
    02-03-14 04:53 AM
    This could happen back in the day on bbos too.

I recommend deleting the request on either side and trying again. Best if you can scan in the invitation I have found.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 03:26 PM
    Wow, that is pretty bad. I haven't had those issues myself, but they need to be addressed right away if it's not an isolated issue.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 09:18 PM