The 1 thing I miss from the days with an, ahem, iPhone, is a really cool shopping list app. So simple and easy to use. I have spent quite a few pounds in BB world already and nothing compares to it for ease of use. I would be grateful if a seasoned BB10 developer would code the following app. I'm sure it will sell well @ $0.99

My requirement.

A master list of items that are bought from time to time with name, required and bought fields and a list of items to buy. Dark and light themes should be offered (I have both a Z10 and Q10) and with a black on pale yellow setting as a third option (my fav). No active frame support or sharing is required (for me anyways).

The app.

On startup, read items from the main item list marked as required and show them in a simple long scrolling list with items marked as bought scored out and at the bottom of the list. On the top of the list, present a clear button and an add button
    On tapping a list item, toggle it's bought field and refresh the list so it moves to the bottom
    On long-pressing a list item, allow it to be dragged around in the list
    On tapping the clear button, clear the bought and required fields of all bought items and refresh the list
    On tapping the add button, display the main item list with required items hidden. Allow new items to be added to this list (offering an add button and a list button (to return to the list). If an item is added, mark it as required so it moves immediately to the buy list
    If an item in this list is tapped, mark it as required and return to the required list and refresh

Sounds simple enough and it works amazingly - I regularly purchase the same few items and so it should be as simple as this.

If anyone is willing to take up this challenge, I'd appreciate it. If moving bought items to the bottom is a pain, I can live without that bit

Thanks,
    Brian.
    01-18-14 04:22 PM
    Have you tried Stuff I Need app?
    I use it as a shopping list.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 04:26 PM
    Yup. It has no master list and too many taps to clear the list. Thanks though.

Posted from my CrackBerry Z10
    01-18-14 04:41 PM
    A master list of items that are bought from time to time with name, required and bought fields and a list of items to buy. Dark and light themes should be offered (I have both a Z10 and Q10) and with a black on pale yellow setting as a third option (my fav). No active frame support or sharing is required (for me anyways).
    To clarify, you are saying that you would have a list of items.
    ie..
    • Item Name
    • Bar Code
    • Quantity (?)
    • Price (?)

And then you would select items that you need to buy from that list?
    And then this would be the list you would work from?

Would it be better to have a database of all items and then create multiple lists based on what you need to go shopping for?

Some notes on how this would be developed.
    On startup, read items from the main item list marked as required and show them in a simple long scrolling list with items marked as bought scored out and at the bottom of the list.
    On the top of the list, present a clear button and an add button Header Buttons
    On tapping a list item, toggle it's bought field and refresh the list so it moves to the bottom True/False Flag
    On long-pressing a list item, allow it to be dragged around in the list Item Place Number, change on release
    On tapping the clear button, clear the bought and required fields of all bought items and refresh the list
    On tapping the add button, display the main item list with required items hidden. Allow new items to be added to this list (offering an add button and a list button (to return to the list). If an item is added, mark it as required so it moves immediately to the buy list Possibly include barcode scanning for the item
    If an item in this list is tapped, mark it as required and return to the required list and refresh
    If anyone is willing to take up this challenge, I'd appreciate it. If moving bought items to the bottom is a pain, I can live without that bit
    That should be pretty simple. You can add a flag to the list, so when an item is put in the cart, the flag can be checked and then the list re-sorted to put it at the bottom.

Not saying I would build the app, just pointing out some things for how it can be accomplished. It could be a quick app to build. So, who knows, I might dabble in trying it.
    01-20-14 04:01 PM
    The way I have described my requirements I agree is maybe too simple but I think it's more usable with less functionality. One master list with a buy view of that list. No qty, price or bar codes for me.
    Thank you for your comments and suggestions.

01-20-14 05:26 PM
    Ok. Found just the app I need. Forget this

01-29-14 05:06 PM
    Ok. Found just the app I need. Forget this

Care to share? I'm interested to know the type of app that you were trying to describe

Developer of Corky Notes, Lazy Lists, and MAKE
    02-02-14 10:37 AM
    I had the same request back when BB10 launched. Then some clever forums member pointed out lists in BBM groups

Now my whole family can add, change and see what is on the list. Easy to check off, and uncheck when it's needed again.

CB10'n it via da Z
    nobbynobrains likes this.
    02-02-14 10:41 AM
    Hi,

My bad - should have mentioned it. Ironically, it's Lazy Lists
    Lazy lists works very similarly to the iOS app Clear - but better but I'd love it if you could take a look at the iOS app ShopShop (the dev won't develop for non iOS ) as my ideal app is that. However, I know that your Lazy Lists app is of far more use than shopping and it is working well. The only thins it doesn't have is the master list of items. If you could add a type to a list and if it's type=shopping then maintain a behind the scenes master list of all items ever purchased (that can be maintained). That would be soo cool.

Thanks & Regards.
    qbo likes this.
    02-02-14 01:30 PM
    So awesome! I would keep the Lazy Lists app as multi purpose app but having a master list of items like a good feature to have, will look into it!

And if you have any further question about the app, you can always email me at [email protected]

Hi,

My bad - should have mentioned it. Ironically, it's Lazy Lists
    Lazy lists works very similarly to the iOS app Clear - but better but I'd love it if you could take a look at the iOS app ShopShop (the dev won't develop for non iOS ) as my ideal app is that. However, I know that your Lazy Lists app is of far more use than shopping and it is working well. The only thins it doesn't have is the master list of items. If you could add a type to a list and if it's type=shopping then maintain a behind the scenes master list of all items ever purchased (that can be maintained). That would be soo cool.

Thanks & Regards.
    02-02-14 04:49 PM
    Thanks. I appreciate your time on this
    02-02-14 05:24 PM