Well some things she says makes sense ....unless she gets confused...she has a history of that.

See for yourself

But I do agree the phone sometimes doesn't give me the same feel as my 9900.. I miss the emails Icon sorry
    01-18-14 01:24 PM
    I can see why some people don't like it. But there's two problems with this. 1- Martha Stewart is not anywhere close to being an expert on tech. As such, take what she says with a grain of salt. 2- She shouldn't generalize. Just because she dislikes it doesn't mean everyone dislikes it as she claims. It's people like her that cause people to turn away from blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 01:30 PM
    I wouldn't take advice for a criminal

Posted via CB10 on my ?Zed10
    01-18-14 01:32 PM
    I cannot take advice about a phone from somebody who needs 5 minutes to find a picture stored on a phone which she seems to be happy about. She needs somebody to explain to her how this new BlackBerry works, then she should comment about.

Visit my BBM Channel C000E96F6
    01-18-14 01:40 PM
    Well not always true to say she is not Tech expert, her company was one of the first using the BES 10 platforms if I remember correctly.
    She is an early adapter as you can see ,

The important point here is ( many people liked blackberry because it did things easy for them , emails etc ) Now the iPhone even helps the silver surfers feel they are up to speed.

What can we do to get back the loyal Blackberry lovers...we lost them.
    01-18-14 01:49 PM
    Really lol she couldnt even figure out how to pull the picture up on her android phone. SMH
    01-18-14 01:50 PM
    I cannot take advice about a phone from somebody who needs 5 minutes to find a picture stored on a phone which she seems to be happy about. She needs somebody to explain to her how this new BlackBerry works, then she should comment about.

I'm not suggesting that you should take tech advice from Martha Stewart, but it clearly didn't take her five minutes to find the picture since the video is just over two minutes long. Many people go to the Camera app instead of the Gallery app to find pictures, for whatever reason. She is a more typical phone user, which is the problem here.

The thing to take away from this is that as a typical phone user, she said that the best phone was an iPhone but liked a BlackBerry for email until the Q10. These are the comments that BlackBerry should pay attention to because it shows that even people who are willing to carry two devices so that they can have the advantages of a physical keyboard are still not quite happy with what BlackBerry has done with the Q10. If they can't satisfy the physical keyboard loving niche and they struggle to bring over customers who don't care about physical keyboards, it causes problems with sales of the devices.
    01-18-14 01:51 PM
    I'm not suggesting that you should take tech advice from Martha Stewart, but it clearly didn't take her five minutes to find the picture since the video is just over two minutes long. Many people go to the Camera app instead of the Gallery app to find pictures, for whatever reason. She is a more typical phone user, which is the problem here.

The thing to take away from this is that as a typical phone user, she said that the best phone was an iPhone but liked a BlackBerry for email until the Q10. These are the comments that BlackBerry should pay attention to because it shows that even people who are willing to carry two devices so that they can have the advantages of a physical keyboard are still not quite happy with what BlackBerry has done with the Q10. If they can't satisfy the physical keyboard loving niche and they struggle to bring over customers who don't care about physical keyboards, it causes problems with sales of the devices.
    I don't think it's as much as the devices themselves as it is marketing. People just don't know about Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    moyah8 likes this.
    01-18-14 01:54 PM
    Overall, an incoherent interview. But, she mentioned emails. The q10 is a definite step down in email functionality compared to bb7 devices. BBs core was email support so I can see where she was going.
    01-18-14 01:56 PM
    She makes a great point. The keys are too flush on the Q10. I've tried using it several times in shops, trying to understand the thinking behind it, but just don't get it. My typing on it is much worse than on the Bold

Posted via CB10
    LuisCast likes this.
    01-18-14 01:59 PM
    I can see why some people don't like it. But there's two problems with this. 1- Martha Stewart is not anywhere close to being an expert on tech. As such, take what she says with a grain of salt. 2- She shouldn't generalize. Just because she dislikes it doesn't mean everyone dislikes it as she claims. It's people like her that cause people to turn away from blackberry.

Agreed

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 02:04 PM
    She says the iPhone is the best, she is carrying a note 3, wearing Samsung Gear watch but has her trusty (but a disaster with no specifics) Q10 for e-mail. To me she seemed a bit tipsy and quite frankly I think she is carrying so many products so that she can get attention from anyone who walks up, regardless of what manufacturer they may be. Moderator please remove post, zero credibility.
    01-18-14 02:09 PM
    Lol is it bad that I don't even know who she is?

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    01-18-14 02:10 PM
    I think she brings up a few valid points.

For the general consumer the iphone is the best device out there. It has all the fancy apps, its easy to use and the size is good. No other platform is like it.

The email thing is debatable depending on the email service you use. BIS is fantastic for some services. Push email support was better all around. The lack of folder and EAS support where drawbacks that with BB10 no longer exist though. BB10 email is like on iOS and Android now which I think is good since i use email services that cater to activesync and such.

Honestly her opinion is just like many others, meaningless for some and shared by others. What matters for YOU is something that everyone has to figure out and go with
    01-18-14 02:15 PM
    Well some things she says makes sense ....unless she gets confused...she has a history of that.

See for yourself

But I do agree the phone sometimes doesn't give me the same feel as my 9900.. I miss the emails Icon sorry
    The useless email icon is on 10.2.0.

Sent via CB10 on my ? Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-18-14 02:20 PM
    Overall, an incoherent interview. But, she mentioned emails. The q10 is a definite step down in email functionality compared to bb7 devices. BBs core was email support so I can see where she was going.
    The only step down I would consider it being compared to BBOS is lack of level1 and lack of BIS compression. Level1 is in 10.2.1 finally. BIS is gone so get used to it. Other than that. BB10 is still better for email than anything else out there.

Sent via CB10 on my ? Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    nt300, moyah8 and wincyUt like this.
    01-18-14 02:23 PM

I know I exaggerated with that 5 min but the point I want to make is everybody likes to bash BlackBerry even before learning how to use it but I didn't hear her saying anything about the Samsung when she needed a pretty long time to figure out where the picture are . She didn't say look at this Samsung guys how complicated they made it to find you're last taken picture. I saw on TV people with Iphones or Androids trying to show something and failed but they never bash the brand like they are doing when is about a BlackBerry. When is a BlackBerry and something is not coming up how they want then very quickly they say "well is a BlackBerry" so we expect this. This double standard I just can't stand.
    Sorry for venting, I feel better now

01-18-14 02:24 PM
    Someone load Martha's BB with 10.2.1.1925, STAT!!!
    Arun Nambiar and andreirad like this.
    01-18-14 02:53 PM
    I don't get it. All she said was she didn't like it but still uses it. She never even mentioned her pain points with it.
    01-18-14 02:59 PM
    What OS is she using?.....10.0? LOL

She says no one that uses the Q10 likes it. Considering I know plenty of folks with them and they all like it, I guess I beg to differ.

Par for the course I guess....it's fashionable to bash BlackBerry

CB10'n it via da Z
    coldRooster, nt300 and andreirad like this.
    01-18-14 03:02 PM
    She makes a great point. The keys are too flush on the Q10. I've tried using it several times in shops, trying to understand the thinking behind it, but just don't get it. My typing on it is much worse than on the Bold

Posted via CB10
    No

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    dpw09, nt300 and Karan Mohal like this.
    01-18-14 03:03 PM
    She is the typical BlackBerry power user that didn't take the time to learn how to use BB10.

Sad, but true.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 03:04 PM
    I don't get it. All she said was she didn't like it but still uses it. She never even mentioned her pain points with it.
    If I'm not mistaken, she was commenting on the design, as she said that whoever designed it was trying to kill BlackBerry or whatever. I do agree that the keyboard on the Bold is much nicer to use, although I like the look of the Q10. I just can't get used to the keys being all flush like a piano. I'm sure lots of people haven't noticed a difference, but I do agree with her that the typing experience on the Q10 seems worse.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 03:10 PM
    Typing on the Q just takes some getting used to. I like it better than the 9900, which I had from the day it was released in the US until Christmas.

I think she just hasn't figured out how to use bb10. There is a learning curve. I don't see her as the type of person to watch YT how to Videos and hang out on Crackberry.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 03:23 PM
    Yeah, she has a point...
    And if she combs her hair right, it won't show.
    01-18-14 03:25 PM
356 123 ...