One of my users uses the Password Keeper and just noticed when he was trying to get in, it asked for the "old" password. He tried all different ways but it did not work. He has not changed his password on his Blackberry nor for Password Keeper. He is a user that was moved from one BES to another, but not sure if that makes a difference. I did have him back up his Blackberry, but he is concerned that he cannot log in and might lose all his passwords. Anyone see this before?
    11-03-08 12:00 PM
    I've not heard of anything like that..... Hopefully someone has.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-08 12:03 PM
    If you have done an os update the first time afterwards it will ask you this but it should be the same as it always was.
    11-03-08 12:03 PM
    That's what I thought too, but it is not taking it. Will try something else.
    11-03-08 12:12 PM
    Sounds like he/she has simply forgotten the password.
    11-03-08 12:36 PM
    If you have done an os update the first time afterwards it will ask you this but it should be the same as it always was.
    Roger that. It asked me after my update to 4.5. But, it worked when I put it in.
    11-03-08 01:19 PM
    I just got the same message...

A password entry was created on ...date.. is protected by an old password...

I've just upgraded to 4.5. though I wasn't asked for any new passwords. I KNOW my password, but it won't let me in!!! ARG!
    11-03-08 04:52 PM
    There have been several reports of problems with Password Keeper. I don't use it. There's no backdoor into it. If you enter an incorrect password 10 times (or a correct one that it stubbornly refuses to acknowledge), it will wipe the contents of the Password Keeper file. You'll lose all your stored passwords, but the BlackBerry itself will not be wiped.
    11-03-08 07:13 PM
    I just got the same message...

A password entry was created on ...date.. is protected by an old password...

I've just upgraded to 4.5. though I wasn't asked for any new passwords. I KNOW my password, but it won't let me in!!! ARG!
    same just happened to me. Very frusterating
    11-03-08 07:39 PM
    Same thing happened to me and i tryed last for of my phone number, it worked for me.
    11-03-08 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD