What's up guys!

I've just yesterday got my Telus BB Z10, which I want to use in Europe (so far, classic unlocking scenario).

Purchased unlock code for Telus Z10, and tried unlocking (with the other foreign sim card inside) - no luck, just the counter went down by 1 all the time ... (now I'm at 5 attempts left).

I was speaking to the company/person which provided me the unlock code - he suggested trying the same thing without any sim card in it - this is when the things became really weird:

Z10 displayed an typical OK notice "unlock code has been successfully accepted" after putting in the same unlocking code! This notice remained on for about a second, and then returned back to the unlocking screen (just like nothing happened), asking me to provide unlocking code, but no mention of the fact that it already accepted the code a few second before that.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before?

Z10 details:
    RDV - 52808 - 004
    BlackBerry STL100-3
    Model: RFF91LW
    IC:2503A -RFF90LW
    01-17-14 07:17 AM
    First, you no longer need to insert an "alien" SIM to unlock your phone. I just entered the number given me by T-Mo (w/stock SIM) and it unlocked.
    Second, I presume you have checked under settings and made sure the phone was still locked.
    Third. I would have to guess the unlock code is defective in some way. If you've tried doing a hard reset (not a wipe) before putting in the code, then something is wrong. They should get you a proper code -- and can't you get one from your carrier? Is the code 8 or 16 digits?
    01-17-14 08:23 AM
    FYI, my unlock code was 8 digits. and I was experiencing the same "Code Accepted" message before using a Correct code.
    01-17-14 08:38 AM
    2 - yes, your presumption is correct, the phone is still locked - it doesn't work with other sim cards.
    3 - haven't tried hard reset yet - guess I will ... can't hurt it right?
    4 - as long as I know, every carrier will unlock only "own" phones, therefore for unlocking telus bb z10, I would have to hop on a plane and pay a visit to telus (since im in europe right now - and will be for a good amount of time yet...). My code is 16 digits.
    01-17-14 09:36 AM
    MobileMadness002: were you using 16 digits code before then? Did you try multiple "unlockers" ?
    01-17-14 09:37 AM
    OK, some... people have found that if they use the 1st 8 digits of 16 digit code it works. I know you have only a few tries left, but...FWIW. Some carriers use 16. Some use 8. Some use both.

And... "Telus Mobility: Unlocking Code can be 8 or 16 digits (Some Phone Model require both Unlocking Code & Service Provider Code)."
    Last edited by scrannel; 01-17-14 at 12:40 PM.
    01-17-14 12:26 PM
    I have received just 16 digit unlocking number - I can try using the first 8 digits, what the heck......

the unlocker replied that it probably needs "BB worldwide code, not a telus code" - any idea what that means?

I don't know if it's of any relevance (probably it's everywhere just the same, just to double check):

When I tap the Sim Card option, it says under Phone Network Lock "Your current SIM card requires one or more Mobile Equipment Personalization codes before the Mobile Network will be available", when I hit the Unlock Network button, it reads: "SIM Security" "Enter Network unlock code. Contact the original service provider to obtain the code."

.... what a nice weekend it could have been...
    01-17-14 01:11 PM
    MobileMadness002: were you using 16 digits code before then? Did you try multiple "unlockers" ?

I actually purchased an app that was "guaranteed" to work with my PRD, long story short, I should have realized that $15.00 was too good to be true. So I then purchased from an online retailer. The codes fromn the app were 16, the retailers was 8.
    01-17-14 02:17 PM
    OK... so this is a BRANDED Telus phone? And, when you ask carrier for unlock code they say what?
    01-17-14 02:19 PM
    I bought it off eBay as Telus phone. There isn't any Telus logo, nor visible branding on the case, however, even others in the forums mentioned that Telus doesn't necessarily have to have the phones branded the way Verizon does for instance. (meaning, I'm not the only one with such "telus" phone).

If I ask carrier here, they politely tell you it's not "O2 locked" therefore, it's not their business.

It seems I'm not the only one with this problem at all:
    forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-unlocking-f157/z10-network-unlock-code-successful-but-no-network-unlocked-887935/
    01-17-14 02:29 PM
    when i unlock my phone, first i put the 8 digit code, and it display the unlock code has been successfully accepted, but nothing really happens, the i put the 16 digit code, and same display but it really work
    01-17-14 02:32 PM
    For what it's worth I'm with Telus and just called them up, said I was going to Europe and asked for my unlock code as a gesture of good will for being a long time customer. Zero hesitation from the rep.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 03:53 PM
    I doubt it would be my case, since I have no history with Telus.
    01-17-14 04:07 PM
    I bought it off eBay as Telus phone. There isn't any Telus logo, nor visible branding on the case, however, even others in the forums mentioned that Telus doesn't necessarily have to have the phones branded the way Verizon does for instance. (meaning, I'm not the only one with such "telus" phone).

If I ask carrier here, they politely tell you it's not "O2 locked" therefore, it's not their business.

forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-unlocking-f157/z10-network-unlock-code-successful-but-no-network-unlocked-887935/
    Well, you saw my post saying: "Some Phone Model require both Unlocking Code & Service Provider Code." That was for Telus phones. That aside, I guess you can't call them for the unlock code (assuming it really is a Telus phone) because you are not using them? But you have a Telus SIM in it now and it works... or? When you shut the phone down does it show a "splash screen?"
    01-17-14 04:08 PM
    There is no splash screen & I have no Telus SIM to double-check.
    01-17-14 04:12 PM
    There is no splash screen & I have no Telus SIM to double-check.
    OK... so the phone has NEVER worked?
    01-17-14 04:15 PM
    Did you ever try the first 8 digits of the code? When I bought my code online I received a 16 digit one, which I tried a couple of times. First it said it accepted it, but did not actually unlock the phone. After reading online that sometimes the first 8 digits works, I tried it and it worked. I had bought my phone on ebay - supposedly factory unlocked - and I had no idea which carrier the phone was locked to.
    01-17-14 04:16 PM
    What is the PRD code (on box and/or phone). For example PRD-45184-003 should be T-Mo usa. PRD-45184-006 is, I believe, Rogers.
    01-17-14 04:37 PM
    mine doesn't have any PRD code, it has RDV-52808-004

it should be the equivalent to PRD code.
    01-17-14 05:33 PM
    mine doesn't have any PRD code, it has RDV-52808-004

it should be the equivalent to PRD code.
    OK... so does anyone have a Telus phone out there showing this RDV #?
    01-17-14 05:54 PM
    I had the EXACT same problem with Bell. Between Bell and BlackBerry no one was able to figure it out. I first bought the code from an online supplier and thought it was defective so I bought it directly from Bell and received the same code as the online guys. We tried 8 digit 16 digit and nothing worked. I sought help here and there was never an answer it just won't unlock!! Gonna buy an unlocked Z30 but it is a mystery.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 06:20 PM
    OK... so does anyone have a Telus phone out there showing this RDV #?
    My Telus Z10 has a PRD 45184-009. No RDV in sight.
    01-17-14 06:30 PM

It may be a Kudoo phone. They are owned by Telus.

I had a problem with an OS7 phone and it was the difference between Telus and Koodo.

You may need to try another unlocking service maybe. I have used cellunlocker dot net for 4 Telus phones.
    01-17-14 06:50 PM
    OK, seems Telus locks their phones differently than others: lock by service provider and not network. So, for the third time, I will repeat: "Some Phone Model require both Unlocking Code & Service Provider Code.". If it's Telus you may also need a service provider code. In fact, you will.
    01-17-14 07:00 PM
    but where do I get it?
    01-17-14 07:17 PM
62 123