I've been a BlackBerry user since 2011. My first ever bb was the 9220 curve.. then shifted to the 9360, 9900 and now using the amazing z10. Every time I went to buy a bb, I was persuaded by the sales rep to buy either an android device or the iPhone. Every time I would say no.. there's something about BlackBerry devices that made me pull towards them. Maybe it is its keyboard or it's simplicity to use.

Ever since I bought my first bb, I've never looked back. No other platform has appealed to me this much (I use an iPhone 4s as my work phone, besides all the bling, it's terrible) and my Z10 is making me like bb even more. I feel a lot more productive and quick on my bb.

Posted via CB10
    Umaima_B_Dia and Thewaxedworm like this.
    01-16-14 09:30 AM
    been using it since the first curve came out, and I've been using my that curve just until last year when the Z10 was related and I thought, hey why not grab a new one I stuck loyal to this phone I can probably do that with the z10. and hey I did, this Z10 is great, and I love blackberry and what makes this Z10 unique is that barely anyone has one around me so when they ask what phone I have they are kinda surprised, then I show them the wicked awesome keyboard

Posted from my BlackBerry Z10 using the CrackBerry 10 App.
    Umaima_B_Dia and amit_rao90 like this.
    01-16-14 09:33 AM
    Always felt that I want a tool first and toy second. Blackberry for me is the best tool for my everyday needs and I find there is more than enough apps/games for me to waste time on, especially now that I'm on 10.2.1 O/S. I started with a 8330 and had a 9780 and a 9900. I now have a Z10 and still love the BlackBerry productivity. I find that BlackBerry is still the fastest at looking at messages and replying to them while being able to look at my calendar and work schedule (pdf) all in seconds.

Posted via CB10
    Thewaxedworm likes this.
    01-16-14 09:37 AM
    2009. The universal inbox and keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Thewaxedworm likes this.
    01-16-14 09:39 AM
    I don't quite know how long in terms of time. Maybe about 5-6 years? My first was a Bold 9000. Hooked immediately. Such a simple, intuitive OS. Very tactile, nice feel and size, fantastic keyboard. Then moved to a 9780. Took a little while to get used to the keyboard after the 9000 but didn't take long. Just more of the same with the OS. Now a Z10. Superb phone in every way. Perfect size, very impressive camera, truly magical keyboard (I was adamant I was never going touch...).

I'd never go Apple, I just don't "feel" their OSs. Any of them. They make no sense to me. And I can't stand their arrogance or being tied into propriety software, hardware and methodology. I just like BlackBerry, they suit me and just feel more selective and elite. I don't do apps much, and phones are not consoles, if I want to play games I am never far from a PC, laptop, tablet or console.

The one or two apps I have wanted and not been able to get previously was annoying but just makes me more determined not to give in. I'm not having third parties telling me what phone I should have by exclusion.

I like the underdog.
    amit_rao90 and Thewaxedworm like this.
    01-16-14 09:41 AM
    Always felt that I want a tool first and toy second. Blackberry for me is the best tool for my everyday needs and I find there is more than enough apps/games for me to waste time on, especially now that I'm on 10.2.1 O/S. I started with a 8330 and had a 9780 and a 9900. I now have a Z10 and still love the BlackBerry productivity. I find that BlackBerry is still the fastest at looking at messages and replying to them while being able to look at my calendar and work schedule (pdf) all in seconds.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly! With the Z10, I get things done quickly and easily. Ever since I installed the. 1925 leak, haven't touched the iPhone at all! I'm actually thinking of selling it and buying a q5 instead.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 09:42 AM
    Another thing that enhances the BlackBerry experience, it's the crackberry community...the people here are very nice and helpful. I can always turn to you guys in case of any problem. Makes me love my phone even more

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 09:51 AM
    I think my first was in like 2006 I bought the pearl I went in us cellular wanting another phone that they didn't have. The sales lady kept pushing the BlackBerry on me and at this time flip phones were more popular so I wasn't sure about an open front . I finally gave in and got it the first 5 mins of playing with it I was thinking what the hell did I get myself into it was Sooo scary lol but the more I messed around with it the more I fell in love and haven't looked back since. Went from the pearl to tour then the bold 9650 and now the awesome Z10!

Posted via CB10
    Bisboxer and der_mit like this.
    01-16-14 09:55 AM
    About 4 years...

Loved the BB5,6,7 devices as I love the buttons...

Stuck with them coz I don't like iTunes and I live how BlackBerry is a quality product and still had a few BlackBerry contacts...

Number has grown again.

I like what BlackBerry represents. I.e. It's not a fashion accessory or common.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 03:22 PM
    My first BlackBerry was the 7105t. What a great phone, and instant email was amazing in those days. I would put in my pack hiking in the central Idaho mountains and would hear the blink, blink, blink sound as emails starting to arrive while I was on some remote ridge top somewhere and I was getting some reflected signal from some remote tower. Always made me smile.

I went through the 8100 Pearl (loved the tiny size - big screen media consumption hadn't been invented yet), the 8300 Curve, the 9700 and 9780 Bolds, then the 9900. That was the best phone I've ever had. I loved it (I still have one and my wife has one). But the world moved on, so I have the Z10. It's also a great device, but it loses something to the old hardware keyboard phones and their simplicity and ease of use.

I've stuck with BlackBerry because they just work right. In search of the perfect phone I've had half a dozen Android devices (and now have an S4). As powerful as they are as small computing devices, why does it have to take so many hands-on steps to do anything? As an example, with my Z10, I plug it into the charger on my nightstand, prop it up against a tissue box and swipe down the night shade which turns off the alerts and notifications except the phone ringer. I touch the alarm button and I'm done and have a nice dim clock during sleep time. If I need to change the alarm, I can swipe the alarm tab one way or the other. Easy. Natural. Well thought through.

With my S4 I have to press the home key to turn on the screen, then swipe up to unlock the screen, then swipe side to side to find the clock app. I open that app and turn on the previously set alarm. Then I swipe down from the top and put the phone on silent, and also put the phone in blocking mode. Finally, I plug the phone in and after a bit the screen goes out and the DayDream function puts a little clock and weather image on my screen. Whew, by then I'm really exhausted. In the morning, do it all in reverse. Really? Somebody will say there is some app that I can download and learn to program that will take a couple of steps out of the process. Fine. I'm glad there's an app for that, but I don't have time to program a new function or new app for every little thing I want my phone to do naturally.

That's why I stick with BlackBerry.
    rellyrellz likes this.
    01-16-14 04:50 PM
    When i first saw a blackberry in a shop, i looked at it and thought about how ugly it was... about a year later the 'blackberry craze' at my school started, so at end of 2012 i got my first blackberry curve 9320...

Bought it in black, used it for a few months and decided i wanted it in red, so i bought another brand new one just for colour change haha, this was in beginning of 2013.

I kept my red Blackberry all through 2013, and the 'blackberry craze' came to a end... Everyone got iphones and androids, and i was here, wanting to get rid of it but couldnt, the keyboard i really liked, it was so easy to use!

So i sticked with it, and now ive got the red Q5, and not regretting it! Its better than some of my friends other phones, androids and windows, and half my iphone friends have smashed screens!

People look amazed with how much blackberry have improved, and some people say they would like my phone instead of theirs...

I think its the keyboard thats got me most, i can type so fast, so easy on it! Without the struggle of pressing multiple keys at one touch, and having to keep checking to make sure ive wrote a word right... Also some of the new apps and games are just what i needed to pass time in school haha.

I always remember the day i thought blackberry keyboards were ugly, and i cant belive i thought that...

Thats my story haha
    01-16-14 05:07 PM
    I'm only 18, so my first BlackBerry was the bold 9780. I've used androids and iPhones in between here and there but I've predominantly stuck with blackberry. Why? Best communication device. And that's what we use our phones most for

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    01-16-14 05:20 PM
    Since the 9700.... I didn't have a personal preference between iPhone or BlackBerry at the time and have a Mac so was weighing my options. I ended up going with BlackBerry as I wanted to be taken more seriously as I grew my sales career.
    01-16-14 05:22 PM
    My1st berry was a pearl, then I moved to a Samsung behold 2 cause I was due for an upgrade and touchscreens were all the rage and it had a 5mp camera...after about 2 weeks I wanted to throw that phone out the window, i called t-mobile and they said i'm entitled to another phone (in California we get a 30 day trial when upgrading)...
    I asked for another blackberry so they sent me a curve... loved it, but then the bold 9700 was the top dog at the time and before my trial was up I asked for the bold...held up well for a good 4 yrs until I put a leaked os on it which caused memory leaks and had to pull the battery every few days, also lack of memory caused lagging and freezing...

STILL hung on to it even as my bbm friends were jumping ship and when they announced the z10 I said that will be my next phone and so here I am.... apple was not an option since I hate apple with a passion...if i do switch ( not likely), blackberry would have to go completely bankrupt and stop all services and even then I would settle for anything other than a crapphone.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 05:53 PM
    I first became a BlackBerry user back in September of 2012. I first got a Curve 3G 9300, and upgraded to a Bold 9900 about two months later.
    Then in Christmas, I got an iPhone 4S, and kept two phones, with my iPhone being focused as a media phone. Then I got attached to it and almost let go of my BlackBerry.

A month later, BB10 was relased. I watched the keynote, and I was really impressed. So I tried waiting for it to come out on my country.

March of 2013, I got in impatient, and I just ordered a Z10 online, and I've been loving it ever since. I still use my in as a secondary, as you can see in my profile.

Anyway, I was really pleased with BB10. Now I'm here, using a Z10, and impatiently waiting for 10.2.1 to officially come out.

BlackBerry Z10 / 10.2.0.1791
    01-16-14 06:50 PM
    My 24 month contract makes me stick with it.. and the fact it works more to my liking than any other mobile OS.

<3 BlackBerry Z10.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 06:54 PM
    Since 2007. I had a Blackjack 'smartphone'. Was impressed by that then as I started looking into Blackberry I eneded up buying a Bold with the track wheel on the side...beer proof, water proof, toilet bowl proof...perfect for my weekends. LOL
    Been a BB geek eversince...Rocking a max'd out Z10 with 70GB of memory, that i'm using up...Uber quick now though. #BB4life
    01-16-14 07:02 PM
    It was 2009 for me, I remember going to Verizon for my upgrade and I was going to get a LG Voyager, my wife had a 8330 Curve at the time and I was deciding between the two. That is when I saw the 8350 curve and that was it for me, I was hooked on BlackBerry every since. My next BlackBerry was the Bold 9300 and now the Z10. I absolutely love my Z10 and I can't believe it will be almost a year with this phone and I still feels like yesterday when I received my Z10. Totally hooked on BlackBerry!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 08:29 PM
    2008 I think, went like this...

8320~>8900~>9700~>PlayBook~>9900~>Z10

It's about OS quality for me. As a developer I notice the little things that show how stable a OS is, and Blackberry, even before BB10, is the most stable OS i've ever used. Too much hashed code and loopholes on those "other" platforms.
    01-16-14 08:40 PM
    Since 2007...first BlackBerry was the 8800 and I fell in love with it. I called myself stepping up to my first smartphone by getting a windows phone and it was terrible. It did everything but actually make and receive calls. Sent that back and they gave me a palm phone to try. That one I didn't like the OS.
    I called att and surprisingly got an amazing CSR. She was very patient and had me get online and walked me through all the latest smartphones they had to offer and matched it with what I needed the phone to do as far as work was concerned. She worked with me for nearly an hour until she suggested I try the BlackBerry.
    She had it overnighted to me and I was in love from that point on. Since then, I've had the 9000, the 9800 and now the Z10. They do what I need them to do, keep my meetings and training in order, wake me up in the morning, allow me to surf the web and get my emails to me. I'm very satisfied with my BlackBerry. I don't need "eleventy" million apps on my phone to pass the time away, I've got work to do.
    *edit- plus a PlayBook I still use often.
    Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 08:43 PM
    I've been a BlackBerry user since 2006. I had BlackBerry Curve from AT&T with a trackball and I've been amazed ever since. I stick with it because as a techie i don't impress easily. iOS devices are too simple and plain to even call a computer and Android devices(as fun as they are) feel like toys and are incredibly fragmented with minimal change since ginger bread 2.3.4. However BlackBerry has remained seamless does what's most important to me. Messaging Hub is great for people( like me) who have a multitude of messaging accounts, even though the UI may seem simple i can always go into settings and mess around the core functions of the phone, and how i receive notifications is of utmost importance. My phone allows me to be a techie and a businessman and to keep "moving forward"

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 09:00 PM
    Started early '09 with a curve 8300.

My progression:
    8300->8900->9780->9900->Z10.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 09:03 PM
    2003 because it was the only real smart phone at the time and I stick with it due to security now.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    01-16-14 09:06 PM
    since 2008…

Have had the following BB's: 8100, 8900, 9000, 9650, 9930, and now the z10

Build quality, stable OS, keyboard (on previous phones), the crackberry community…just can't see myself using another platform
    01-16-14 09:13 PM
    Since this...

Since how long have you been using BlackBerry and what made you stick with it?-img_20140116_221813.jpg

Nostalgia won't let me get rid of it.

Owned quite a list of BlackBerry devices... Stayed because they have always done what was important to me.

Never switched, probably never will.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 09:24 PM
105 123 ...