I just got the P9982 and I must say it feels very plastic and light. I would have guessed it was plastic if I didnt know about Porsche Design phones.

I love the way the P9981 feels in your hand. Just by holding it you know you are holding a premium product where as with the new one it doesnt feel like anything special. I wonder if Porsche Design was just trying to save money with this one and try to push sales based on the success of the P'9981

They didn't even include a charging dock with this model.
    01-15-14 01:11 PM
    It came with a charger though, right? You just mean no dock, ie stand?

What accessories did it come with, out of curiosity?
    01-15-14 01:22 PM
    It came with a charger though, right? You just mean no dock, ie stand?

What accessories did it come with, out of curiosity?
    The P'9982 comes with nothing more than what the other devices in the BlackBerry 10 range come with. Charger, headphones, a couple of different charging adaptor fitments and the manual. They were a bunch of cheapskates for doing this in my opinion.The P'9982, and P'9981 for that matter should have come with a metallic charging dock.

Posted via Q10
    01-15-14 02:11 PM
    Yes its essentially the same accessories as a Z10 except it has more adapters for the charger so it can be charged in different countries. Also the accessories are packaged a little better.

The P'9981 does come with a charging dock though; a very nice one. Its metal and has a leather finish on the inside, as well as a little light in it so its easy to spot in the dark.

The P'9982 though, completely doesn't have any sort of dock.
    01-15-14 05:51 PM
    I didn't even get headphones with my Verizon Z10!

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 06:57 PM
    I didn't even get headphones with my Verizon Z10!

Posted via CB10
    Why do the carriers in the US seem to love taking out the headphones lol
    We always get them in our boxes here in the Caribbean

Posted via CB10
    chris8189 likes this.
    01-15-14 07:46 PM
    Sorry I lost it when you said you bought a mass market droid device. Enjoy being like everyone else!

Definitely less weighty coming from a P'9981, but I'd not say it looks or feels cheap in the least though. A pleasure to use.
    John Rivas likes this.
    01-16-14 10:41 PM
    Sorry I lost it when you said you bought a mass market droid device. Enjoy being like everyone else!

Definitely less weighty coming from a P'9981, but I'd not say it looks or feels cheap in the least though. A pleasure to use.
    Was just expecting more with this device I guess. It certainly doesn't feel cheap, compared with whats out there. I think the iPhone is the only other phone that comes close to it in terms of design and finish materials.
    01-17-14 01:01 AM
    Sorry i lost it when you said you bought a blackberry Porsche

Posted via Nexus 7 2013
    Very stupid comment...

Being that the P'9981 has been in the market for a while now the price of it has gone down to a somewhat affordable level (you can find one for about 600-800 used)

As the price keeps dropping I think more and more people will get to try these devices and see what they were all about.
    01-17-14 01:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    Because it's another accessory to charge $ for take them out of the box BlackBerry and repackage them and we can sell them.

Weapon of choice Z10, Full Metal CB10!
    01-19-14 01:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    US carriers take out anything they can profit from after marker with BlackBerry 10 cause the phones didn't sell. Think of the good old legacy days where a curve or bold had pouch or hoster, ear phone, home charger, car charger, etc. Now you get a phone, battery, and charger. So they can sell you earphones, car charger, case, and screen protector bundled

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    Blacklatino likes this.
    02-13-14 11:04 PM
    Then if it cheap take the Z10 and give it to me

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 09:03 PM
    Then if it cheap take the Z10 and give it to me

Posted via CB10
    Already sold it. Sorry bud
    03-06-14 09:25 PM
    It does. Would have preferred it to be a little heavier, not so wide and without that bloody keyboard. BB9900 keyboard is way better to use.
    06-12-14 10:33 AM
    Considering how there are no more charging contacts on any of the bb10 phones it doesn't surprise me that there's no dock included. The while point of the dock was to drop it in and charge. You can't do that now. Now you have to somewhat carefully connect it and remove without damaging the micro USB port.

I think what makes the P9982 standout is the 64gb of internal memory. Any owner of a bb10 device who has to pick and choose apps can appreciate having 400% more potential app space on their device.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 06:09 PM
    Considering how there are no more charging contacts on any of the bb10 phones it doesn't surprise me that there's no dock included. The while point of the dock was to drop it in and charge. You can't do that now. Now you have to somewhat carefully connect it and remove without damaging the micro USB port.

I think what makes the P9982 standout is the 64gb of internal memory. Any owner of a bb10 device who has to pick and choose apps can appreciate having 400% more potential app space on their device.

Posted via CB10
    64GB internal is definitely more useful than people give credit for (I run out of space on 16 gigs fast, and a 32 gb microSD does nothing for me but store videos, photos and music). Hardly worth the surcharge though. I wish they gave that option to the regular BB10 phones.
    08-11-14 10:48 AM
    I don't think that porsche was saving on this one. Remember, it's expensive because of the brand, not the material. Also, the Z10 is light regardless.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 10:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    I got headphones on AT&T.

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10 on AT&T
    08-11-14 11:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    Because they want to make money on accessories. US Stores are vultures waiting to prey on every customer. Funny that the iPhone gets it's EarPods included. SMH. Neither my Z10, Q10, or Z30 came with earphones. Didn't care much about the Z10 or Q10 cause didn't use for media that much but was annoyed when the Z30 didn't have them because an amazing 5inch screen had me want to use media on a phone for the first time really.

Sent from my...go ahead and guess?
    08-11-14 12:06 PM
    Because they want to make money on accessories. US Stores are vultures waiting to prey on every customer. Funny that the iPhone gets it's EarPods included. SMH. Neither my Z10, Q10, or Z30 came with earphones. Didn't care much about the Z10 or Q10 cause didn't use for media that much but was annoyed when the Z30 didn't have them because an amazing 5inch screen had me want to use media on a phone for the first time really.

Sent from my...go ahead and guess?
    It's absolutely insidious that they do that down there. What makes it worse is the headphones are needed on the z30 to use the radio so by taking them out they've taken away a feature you shouldn't have to pay extra for.

Posted via CB10
    anon6040766 likes this.
    08-18-14 01:33 AM
    I just got the P9982 and I must say it feels very plastic and light. I would have guessed it was plastic if I didnt know about Porsche Design phones.
    Sorry, can not fully agree your statement.
    The Porsche Design P�9982 feels very good in my hands and the contrast from cool stainless steel housing (it is _no_ plastic!) and the leather backside gives a very good feeling.

Yes, a charging dock would be great but cause of using the standard motherboard from the Z10 w/o big modifications they have decided to sell it w/o such a nice charger.

And the 'premium headphones' are a useless gimmick (for consumers with intact ears). Their audio 'quality' is horrible.
    But I didn't expected more at those headsets. I ever use my own separate purchased high quality head phones.
    No real issue because I don't buy a P�9982 due to the added headphones. :-)

But it's a matter of taste and you have other expectations as I.

By the way: the price of the first Porsche Design P�9982 now is 1.250 EUR.
    So you can buy a better smartphone as iPhone 6+ for +251 EUR. :-)

Snoopy in Germany with  P�9982
    Last edited by Snoopy-13367; 01-17-15 at 09:55 AM.
    salokin15 likes this.
    11-29-14 10:58 AM
    Addition after one year practice:
    The P�9982 is still my main smartphone even though I have purchased the BlackBerry Passport also.

I love to tap on glass and I prefer the brilliant virtual keyboard!
    Last edited by Snoopy-13367; 01-17-15 at 10:03 AM.
    MaxxxBerry23 likes this.
    01-17-15 09:28 AM
    Traded my passport plus some extra cash for A p9982, couldn't be happier. This phone is awesome.. it's a blackberry, designed by porsche, can run android apps and has 64gb memory. Loving it!!

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 08:06 PM
    frankly i never really got the concept of "premium" phones
    I mean I bought the Z10 a year ago for $150 factory unlocked and it is certainly one of the most premium feeling phones ever
    the blackberry passport is even more premium looking etc though it has a higher price tag
    still certain aspects of the p9982 such as the back finish and bottom are unique
    02-02-15 06:53 AM