Just looking for basic sort by alphabetical or highest to lowest.
    I went through the functions list, don't see where else it would be so taking a stab to see if anyone here knows?
    Last edited by GV2012; 01-14-14 at 10:44 PM.
    01-14-14 09:54 PM
    Nope - Docs to Go has VERY limited functionality. Can't even freeze panes. It is a 1/4 baked product (not even half baked) at best.

Search the forums for the old BBOS7 version for install on PB. It has much more functionality, but I do not believe sort is one of them.
    GV2012 likes this.
    01-15-14 11:22 AM
    Sideload kingsoft office

Search the forums for the old BBOS7 version for install on PB. It has much more functionality, but I do not believe sort is one of them.
    That sounds interesting, anyone has a link?
    01-15-14 02:10 PM
    Sideload kingsoft office

That sounds interesting, anyone has a link?
    HYG:

Kingsoft office software: free office software, professional office software

c
    01-15-14 02:12 PM
    I want a link to the BBos7 version you can install on the playbook..........
    01-15-14 09:56 PM
    Good tip on the Kingsoft. Found it on good e reader for playbook and sideloaded it. It is pretty robust and does sort. I was looking for something better than docs to go.
    01-16-14 10:30 PM
    Just looking for basic sort by alphabetical or highest to lowest.
    I went through the functions list, don't see where else it would be so taking a stab to see if anyone here knows?
    This is weird, I thought there was this function, as I used to use it every night to sort daily eDischarge statistics by ward for a UK hospital (the spreadsheet I received was sorted by time of discharge)

I've just opened up a spreadsheet and cannot for the life of me work out how to sort it!

I shouldn't be senile yet, and I've only had one gin.....
    01-17-14 07:29 PM
    I want a link to the BBos7 version you can install on the playbook..........
    My bad, it was an android port, needs to be sideloaded. Found it in the forums, but am having troubles locating it again. It was a forum where there were 2 packages of bar files with most every app you would need from a productivity perspective.

You are still better off going with either Smart Office Pro android sideload or Kingsoft, if you want any sort of "real" spreadsheet functionality. Pissed at BBRy for screwing this up. They really sh*t the bed on the "Business" tablet.
    01-20-14 10:20 AM
    My bad, it was an android port, needs to be sideloaded. Found it in the forums, but am having troubles locating it again. It was a forum where there were 2 packages of bar files with most every app you would need from a productivity perspective.

You are still better off going with either Smart Office Pro android sideload or Kingsoft, if you want any sort of "real" spreadsheet functionality. Pissed at BBRy for screwing this up. They really sh*t the bed on the "Business" tablet.
    Links are in this forum: http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...-2-0-a-680324/
    01-20-14 10:26 AM
    Do you have a bb10 phone also? I've found the docs to go much better in bb10 and I can open it on my playbook and do the mods to the spreadsheet that way, over bridge. Freeze panes works, I have not tried sorting.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 08:19 AM
    Couldn't find a sort function in either version.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 01:12 PM
    How to Sort in Excel

Sorting is used to reorder our data in excel. We can easily reorder the data based on the type of sorting that we choose.

We have two methods to sort the data.

Below are the steps to sort the given data in Excel:

1 Select a single cell anywhere in the range that you want to sort.
    2 Select Data menu and select Sort from Sort & Filter group.
    3 In the Sort by list, select the first column on which you want to sort. (You can click on Add Level to include additional

number of columns to sort).
    4 In the Sort On list, select the desired field from the drop down (Values, Cell Color, Font Color, or Cell Icon).
    5 In the Order list, select the order that you want to apply to the sort operation (A to Z or Z to A for text, lower to

higher or higher to lower for numbers).
    6 Check the field My data has headers if your data has headers included.
    7 Click OK.
    Attached Files
    01-13-15 03:44 AM