I installed .1925 and also followed the guidance in this how-to-fix-side-loading thread, but I still get the error "Google Play Services has stopped" in many (probably all) the side-loaded apps. That didn't use to happen before .1925.

Almost all the time, it is annoying but harmless. I just press OK and it goes away only to come back again in 5-10 secs.

Thanks.

10.2.1.1925 and Google Play services-img_20140115_135608.png
    Dunmanway Emar and aminrajabi like this.
    01-14-14 09:09 PM
    Why are you sideloading Ebay? There is an Android port in BlackBerry world. (though it is out of date, it works)
    01-14-14 09:31 PM
    eBay was only an example. Every side loaded app that uses Google Play Service is behaving that way ... and I have many. As for why eBay... you said it... "out of date". Yes the old one works, but ... hey... with .1925 I'm living dangerously
    Last edited by Motherboard2010; 01-14-14 at 10:39 PM.
    01-14-14 10:11 PM
    Oh this isn't supposed to happen? It's always happened with me. I went from 10.1 MR to 10.2.1.1925.

In snapchat, instagram etc.

Posted via CB10
    mundo472 likes this.
    01-14-14 11:14 PM
    Well not all of them, Google maps, Google play music, Google earth, Google voice and ingress + a few more, are running fine if you install the modified google play services and login services.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 06:45 AM
    Do not use DDAP and bar files to side load android apps on 1925? Use either 1mobile or snap to install apk file directly.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 06:52 AM
    Well not all of them, Google maps, Google play music, Google earth, Google voice and ingress + a few more, are running fine if you install the modified google play services and login services.

Posted via CB10
    If you are right, that some are fine, why aren't some others working just as well? When you say "modified"... are you referring to the mods made by Cobalt232 in the thread, How to fix any Android app dependent on Google Maps API and make maps working? If not, please expand so I can compare. Thanks.

But if I can clarify, when I use Google Maps... I do have a problem when google map tries to login. It says "no network connection". I haven't worried to much about it, because I don't have to login. Haven't found a benefit in needing to ... so I've left it.
    01-15-14 07:23 AM
    Do not use DDAP and bar files to side load android apps on 1925? Use either 1mobile or snap to install apk file directly.

Posted via CB10
    I used Snap and I also used Chrome Extension for BB10 / PlayBook App Manager. The eBay apk (pictured in my original post) was loaded from snap and it still has that problem. I don't know 1mobile. I'll dig up on that... I'm willing to try anything. Thanks.
    01-15-14 07:28 AM
    If you want to login succesfully with Google Maps and use ie. starred places, you must remove Google Play Services.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 07:36 AM
    For eBay specifically, I suggest use the native BlackBerry 10 version, there is no advantages to use the android one.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 07:38 AM
    For eBay specifically, I suggest use the native BlackBerry 10 version, there is no advantages to use the android one.

Posted via CB10
    Native? I'm sure the Ebay app in BlackBerry World is also Android plus it's an older version. I use a newer version via the Google Play Store which works just fine.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 08:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    Agree with Dealz417. There is no "native" BB10 ebay app. But the point is it isn't just that app. I have two other apps Urbanspoon and Gumtree below. Australian Open app, Viber, etc are others.

I am probably doing something wrong. Question is ... "What?"

10.2.1.1925 and Google Play services-img_20140116_074749.png10.2.1.1925 and Google Play services-img_20140116_070126.png
    01-15-14 05:09 PM
    If you are right, that some are fine, why aren't some others working just as well? When you say "modified"... are you referring to the mods made by Cobalt232 in the thread, How to fix any Android app dependent on Google Maps API and make maps working? If not, please expand so I can compare. Thanks.

But if I can clarify, when I use Google Maps... I do have a problem when google map tries to login. It says "no network connection". I haven't worried to much about it, because I don't have to login. Haven't found a benefit in needing to ... so I've left it.
    The reason that one some of them aren't working is because of the stub installed where google services framework should be on our phone, we can't remove it because we don't have root level access and we can't install another version while the stub is present. Some apps function fine without the framework, using the partial google play services that we have. Some apps will pick up on the missing framework or on our device models and give an error saying play services is not supported on our devices. So basically to be able to use those apps we need to wait for BlackBerry to release a version on the OS without the stub, or somehow gain root access and remove it ourselves. If we we're able to install google services framework, we would also be able to use the play store.

Posted via CB10
    Dunmanway Emar likes this.
    01-15-14 07:50 PM
    The reason that one some of them aren't working is because of the stub installed where google services framework should be on our phone, we can't remove it because we don't have root level access and we can't install another version while the stub is present.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks Azrae49. That does make sense. I'm wondering though if that is what is wrong in my system. I'm including a screenshot of what's seen by Chrome BB10 PlayBook App Manager. It seems to suggest I've got com.google.android.gsf.login ... is that the stub you are referring to? It seems that I can uninstall this 2.19MB APK file.

As a last ditch, I'm going to uninstall it and if it works ... I'll report it. If its still not good, I'll reinstall 1925 and start from a clean slate.

10.2.1.1925 and Google Play services-gsf.jpg
    01-15-14 11:17 PM
    If you want to login succesfully with Google Maps and use ie. starred places, you must remove Google Play Services.

Posted via CB10
    Cobalt232, I was following your guide installing all APKs and installing Maps. Also most of the threads suggest needing GPS, so what do I miss out without GPS?

Btw, I fixed this problem. I reversed all your instructions, and started again and it fixed the problem. Needed a few strategic reboots.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 07:15 AM
    As a last ditch, I'm going to uninstall it and if it works ... I'll report it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GSF.jpg 
Views:	4189 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	239033
    It worked!!!

I've got a new challenge, now that this is solved. But that's another thread.

Thanks to all who helped steer me in the right direction.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 07:20 AM
    It worked!!!

I've got a new challenge, now that this is solved. But that's another thread.

Thanks to all who helped steer me in the right direction.

Posted via CB10
    Wait so are you able to install google services framework now? But even if you could uninstall it, install will most probably still be blocked...

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 08:28 PM
    Wait so are you able to install google services framework now? But even if you could uninstall it, install will most probably still be blocked...

Posted via CB10
    He just uninstalled the google login services (com.google.android.gsf.login) from the package I provided.
    What we need to get rid off is com.google.android.gsf, and this component can't be deleted as it is part of the OS
    gemoelle likes this.
    01-17-14 03:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    How do you install the modified google play services and login services?
    01-18-14 07:14 AM
    Any more progress here? This thread got me excited... I'm trying to get Lyft working.
    01-26-14 09:30 PM
    Seems like a lot of hassle to use a few apps?? (Google services runaround)

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 11:18 PM
    Any more progress here? This thread got me excited... I'm trying to get Lyft working.
    I think you should be using the official 10.2.1 that is circulating the traps. My local carrier hasn't posted it ... and I'm glad I jumped with .1925 or I'd still be waiting . If you are like me and still trying ... I hope this helps. But I think this boat has sailed for most people.

10.2.1.1925 and Google Play services-barapps.jpg

In accord with Cobalt's suggestion I've uninstalled Google Play Services (crossed) and haven't installed it back. I notice in the ensuing threads that he has a new Play Services apk file. I'm game ... but right now, I've been very content without Play Services. Everything I need works, so ... I'm going to sit for a while before trying the new iterations.
    01-29-14 07:04 PM
    I think you should be using the official 10.2.1 that is circulating the traps. My local carrier hasn't posted it ... and I'm glad I jumped with .1925 or I'd still be waiting . If you are like me and still trying ... I hope this helps. But I think this boat has sailed for most people.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BARapps.jpg 
Views:	627 
Size:	200.0 KB 
ID:	243219

In accord with Cobalt's suggestion I've uninstalled Google Play Services (crossed) and haven't installed it back. I notice in the ensuing threads that he has a new Play Services apk file. I'm game ... but right now, I've been very content without Play Services. Everything I need works, so ... I'm going to sit for a while before trying the new iterations.
    I've been using 10.2.1 for some time now and I'm on 1925, Lyft still doesn't work. Are you saying that by simply delete GSF that it will work?

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 08:26 PM
    I've been using 10.2.1 for some time now and I'm on 1925, Lyft still doesn't work. Are you saying that by simply delete GSF that it will work?

Posted via CB10
    I don't need a Lyft, so I can't say for sure what your problem is. What I did to make a few of the Android apps to work was to remove and reinstall everything in the order that Cobalt suggested. I only left out GSF.

I should say, before I did that, I was lost in a corruption of Google login services. And Google maps kept failing to login. After removing GSF, maps logged in ok. So, for you, I'd say it's worth a try. It does seem that the there is nothing to loose but the jury is still out on that.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 03:01 AM