Hey guys

I seen the article that Bla1ze wrote regarding some Hub integration loveliness from a Beta Zone survey (I am registered with Beta Zone and also completed the survey) and that got me thinking... Why can't their be a BlackBerry Bridge or BlackBerry Link app for those of us who have iPad's or iPad Mini's or various Android Tablets such as the Sony Xperia Z Tablet or Nexus 7/10?

What with tablets becoming increasingly more commonplace now in household ownership, surely this would be a natural evolution of the BlackBerry Link ambitions where they bring Hub Integration to the Windows Desktop (and eventual Mac desktop, whenever that happens)

Do you think this would be a sensible thing to assume? I'm going to post on Beta Zone to see if there would be any interest and/or feedback from BlackBerry in regards to this
    01-14-14 10:21 AM
    That would be lovely. And useful in Enterprise.
    01-14-14 10:24 AM
    I think a Blackberry Bridge like client would be a great idea, except you'd also need a bb smart phone. Most people I know only carry one phone with them so this would end up useless. Also, it would completely render the playbook useless compared to other tablets...but let's not get into that topic.
    01-14-14 10:26 AM
    In earlier 10.2.1 builds, there were files that contained UI to connect your BlackBerry 10 device to an Android tablet or an iPad. Either through Bluetooth or NFC (if the Android tablet had the hardware)
    01-14-14 10:32 AM
    Bridge was suppose to give the Playbook a competitive advantage, but now that the PB is pretty much EOL, it makes sense. I'm not sure the carriers would go for it though. Certainly not AT&T which blocked the original BB Bridge from it's users.
    01-14-14 10:36 AM
    I would love this as long as it gave me the ability to type on my Q10 keyboard against my ipad screen.
    no interest in hub feature. don't even use it on the bb.
    01-14-14 10:36 AM
    I think a Blackberry Bridge like client would be a great idea, except you'd also need a bb smart phone. Most people I know only carry one phone with them so this would end up useless. Also, it would completely render the playbook useless compared to other tablets...but let's not get into that topic.
    Well I certainly don't want antagonize all the PlayBook owners (I was also once a PlayBook owner so to a degree I feel their pain) however the reason I suggested this was that I seen the HP Think Big, Think Small, Think Differently keynote where they unveiled the HP Pre 3, HP Veer and the HP Touchpad and the guy painted a scenario where: -

"You come in from work and place your mobile phone onto the Touchstone magnetic charger and forget about it. You then move into the Living room or Bedroom and pick up your HP Touchpad tablet and surf the net or email folks etc however despite your phone being in another room, the HP Touchpad can continue where you left off on your phone - action on notifications, reply to SMS messages, answer phone calls in the bedroom on your HP Touchpad even though your phone is charging in another room separate to where you are"

The whole "do something on one device and then pick up where you left off on another" is a sort of a wee desire of mine - for example, you sort of have that with the iOS devices (FaceTime Audio or Video, iMessage) however there are certain apps on the iPhone that you simply cannot get on the iPad WiFi or Cellular (WhatsApp I know for a fact you cannot get on an iPad without having to do some mental jailbreak nonsense) so therefore the whole scenario I outlined above is sort of halfway there

Where HP had me hook, line and sinker was that this was an OS thing - something that worked for everything between the two devices (phone and tablet) and I thought BlackBerry would be in an excellent position to do that already considering BBM has now went cross platform and BlackBerry Link for Windows is clearly heading in that direction in either case
    Last edited by TallPaul86; 01-16-14 at 03:52 AM.
    01-14-14 10:38 AM
    Well I certainly don't want antagonize all the PlayBook owners (I was also once a PlayBook so to a degree I feel their pain) however the reason I suggested this was that I seen the HP Think Big, Think Small, Think Differently keynote where they unveiled the HP Pre 3, HP Veer and the HP Touchpad and the guy painted a scenario where: -

"You come in from work and place your mobile phone onto the Touchstone magnetic charger and forget about it. You then move into the Living room or Bedroom and pick up your HP Touchpad tablet and surf the net or email folks etc however despite your phone being in another room, the HP Touchpad can continue where you left off on your phone - action on notifications, reply to SMS messages, answer phone calls in the bedroom on your HP Touchpad even though your phone is charging in another room separate to where you are"

The whole "do something on one device and then pick up where you left off on another" is a sort of a wee desire of mine - for example, you sort of have that with the iOS devices (FaceTime Audio or Video, iMessage) however there are certain apps on the iPhone that you simply cannot get on the iPad WiFi or Cellular (WhatsApp I know for a fact you cannot get on an iPad without having to do some mental jailbreak nonsense) so therefore the whole scenario I outlined above is sort of halfway there

Where HP had me hook, line and sinker was that this was an OS thing - something that worked for everything between the two devices (phone and tablet) and I thought BlackBerry would be in an excellent position to do that already considering BBM has now went cross platform and BlackBerry Link for Windows is clearly heading in that direction in either case
    I also like that idea tbh

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 01:24 PM
    Sounds like a great idea!

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 01:44 PM
    So iPad and Android tab users would get this as an app from their respective stores? Seems like a good idea.
    01-15-14 10:22 AM
    Bridge is essentially another OS running on top of QNX.

Bridge with Legacy was Legacy running on top of QNX.

If you had iOS tablets with Bridge, it'd be QNX (your BlackBerry smartphone) running on top of iOS, which isn't that simple, at all.

Quality Poultry - Channel PIN: C004B64D1
    01-15-14 03:31 PM
    Bridge is essentially another OS running on top of QNX.

Bridge with Legacy was Legacy running on top of QNX.

If you had iOS tablets with Bridge, it'd be QNX (your BlackBerry smartphone) running on top of iOS, which isn't that simple, at all.

But you'd be able to do other phones running on top of the PlayBook!

01-15-14 03:32 PM
    If this doesn't come with 10.2.1, ill be vexed!! After they put it out in the media like this.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 04:38 PM
    I wanna be able to bbm and sms from my work computer. Looks like I'm a hard work when I don't get caught on my phone every few minutes.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 04:39 PM
    If this doesn't come with 10.2.1, ill be vexed!! After they put it out in the media like this.

Posted via CB10
    Where has the media picked this up?

Blends has been around since early 10.2 with Fuse making an appearance in early 10.2.1 builds.

BlackBerry has not said anything about this as a future feature. Just fans digging through stuff we aren't supposed to be digging through.
    01-15-14 11:38 PM
    I wanna be able to bbm and sms from my work computer. Looks like I'm a hard work when I don't get caught on my phone every few minutes.

Posted via CB10
    Your IT department installed screen capture software on the work computer to keep an eye on its valued employees.

Posted with CB10 running on BlackBerry Q5
    01-16-14 08:52 PM