Hi all!

I have a new Z30 on the T-Mobile network running 10.2.0.429. It's unlocked and I purchased it online from a third-party dealer.

I just ported my number from my old iPhone and carrier (Sprint) on Saturday. I've been sending and receiving calls with no problem. My 4G connection is also working fine, and I have Wifi at home (also fine).

The issue I am having is with my text message. I can SEND a text message to my mom, for instance (she has an iPhone) and she receives it just fine. When she replies, however, I do not get a reply at all.

I found out yesterday that it turns out that the replies are going to my old iPhone, not my Z30, even though Sprint has turned off the number (I cannot make or receive calls on the iPhone). I shut off the Wifi connection to the iPhone today in an effort to keep the message from showing up there... and the texts are still not routing to my Z30.

Is there a setting I need to be changing to receive texts on my phone? Or is this a carrier issue? Being able to send texts but not receive them has me puzzled.
    01-13-14 06:13 PM
    Hi all!

I have a new Z30 on the T-Mobile network running 10.2.0.429. It's unlocked and I purchased it online from a third-party dealer.

I just ported my number from my old iPhone and carrier (Sprint) on Saturday. I've been sending and receiving calls with no problem. My 4G connection is also working fine, and I have Wifi at home (also fine).

The issue I am having is with my text message. I can SEND a text message to my mom, for instance (she has an iPhone) and she receives it just fine. When she replies, however, I do not get a reply at all.

I found out yesterday that it turns out that the replies are going to my old iPhone, not my Z30, even though Sprint has turned off the number (I cannot make or receive calls on the iPhone). I shut off the Wifi connection to the iPhone today in an effort to keep the message from showing up there... and the texts are still not routing to my Z30.

Is there a setting I need to be changing to receive texts on my phone? Or is this a carrier issue? Being able to send texts but not receive them has me puzzled.

Okay. This is going to be a little tricky. I JUST had this issue about 2 weeks ago.

The reason this is happening is because your iPhone was set to send/receive "iMessages" and probably not send SMS messages.

As far as the solution goes, it is supposedly as simple as turning off iMessages on your old iPhone. However, you already deactivated it with Sprint. (I made the same mistake).

When I was dealing with this, I almost reactivated my iPhone again just so I could turn off iMessages. After some Google searches, I found several ways around it. I tried most of them and eventually, all messages from other iPhone users went straight to my Blackberry.

- Change your Apple ID password
    - Turn off iMessages on any other Apple products you own
    - Create a new Apple ID (I didn't do this one)
    - Unregister your iPhone on the Apple website
    - Remove your cell number from your Apple profile (only if you're still using the same number on your Z30)
    - Ask your friends and family who own iPhones to turn off iMessages, turn it back on, and also turn on SMS messages.
    - Also, someone that has an iPhone texts you and their status says "not delivered," they could just click and hold that message and choose "Send as Text Message." According to what I've been told, if they have to do that for three messages, it will default to send as a text instead of iMessage.

If none of the solutions I mentioned work, the longest you would have to wait for this issue to be resolved is up to 30 days (according to what I've read on a few forums). If somebody doesn't receive an iMessage in a 30 days period, then Apple deactivates iMessages from that person's account.
    tracygee likes this.
    01-13-14 09:19 PM
    Oh wow. Thank you for the suggestions. I'm glad someone else had the issue. I'm at work now, but I will give these things a try when I get home.
    01-14-14 07:49 AM
    If none of these work, I would suggest you and your friends/family download a messenger app. I use GroupMe (which I downloaded from Snap) for group messages and private messages.
    01-14-14 08:08 AM