What the heck is going on??? I pull the battery (trying to kill a pesky contact from memory that isn't in my contacts list). Didn't work. But DID wipe out all my contacts from all sources. And yet, I go to type an email, and when I start typing in the "to:" field, the phone lists all the contacts as if the contact book were intact.

Someone please help before I go get an iPhone and make all my friends happy and smug!
    01-12-14 04:15 PM
    Read your first thread, the answer is in there.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 04:22 PM
    Have fun with your iPhone. Bye for now

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 04:29 PM
    Read your first thread, the answer is in there.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, I did, and don't see it. No matter, they've magically reappeared again. Bug?

Jdelv -- No, thanks. 10+ years of BBerry makes it impossible for me defect, regardless of my b*tching.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-12-14 07:18 PM
    Contacts and To: field are not directly related, AFAIK. That store it in type space memory. That is excluding the known bugs in OS 10.1.

Regardless, if you go to any mall you should find a long white box like hallway full of hipsters sipping Starbucks and wearing "Starbucks is evil" t-shirts. There you will find a small army of high school kids happy to sell you an iPhone and setup all your email contacts for you. Just don't ask them anything complicated

Posted via CB from my LE
    01-12-14 07:24 PM
    LOL.

Is there a way to clear that "type space memory"? That explains why despite having no contacts shown in the contacts book, I could still look up contacts through email to: and cc: lines.
    01-12-14 07:45 PM
    Sorry, I did, and don't see it. No matter, they've magically reappeared again. Bug?

Jdelv -- No, thanks. 10+ years of BBerry makes it impossible for me defect, regardless of my b*tching.
    They come from your messages.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 09:03 PM
    All messages with that email address are gone.

Note: I am not referring to the recommended list of addresses below the to: field in email. I'm talking about when you start to type a name in the to: field and it filters out addresses as you type. That's where I see the offending address continue to exist.
    01-12-14 10:09 PM
    Note: I am not referring to the recommended list of addresses below the to: field in email. I'm talking about when you start to type a name in the to: field and it filters out addresses as you type. That's where I see the offending address continue to exist.
    As am I.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 04:28 AM
    Maybe you should make sure that you have selected 'all' in your contacts app. The emails may be saved in only your email contacts and so it won't show up if say, you just select Sim card contacts?

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 05:05 AM
    Maybe you should make sure that you have selected 'all' in your contacts app. The emails may be saved in only your email contacts and so it won't show up if say, you just select Sim card contacts?

Posted via CB10
    I did. I had several different categories like Yahoo, SIM, etc. But now in "all" I see everything, and only have the selection of favorites and video, both of which are empty. Yet all still has all my contacts. I don't get it.
    01-14-14 10:18 PM
    And you know, if addresses are stored in memory, why do we even need a contacts app?
    01-14-14 10:20 PM
    And you know, if addresses are stored in memory, why do we even need a contacts app?
    Because it remembers only a small handful of emails. And some people have/need phone numbers, secondary emails. Addresses. They usually use blackberry for business purposes.

I saw posts about this issue 8-9 months ago. I just don't remember what they did to fix it or what OS they were on. I just remember it stored the temporary numbers in some auto text prediction section.

Posted via CB from my LE
    WTFAztec likes this.
    01-14-14 10:52 PM
    Because it remembers only a small handful of emails. And some people have/need phone numbers, secondary emails. Addresses. They usually use blackberry for business purposes.

I saw posts about this issue 8-9 months ago. I just don't remember what they did to fix it or what OS they were on. I just remember it stored the temporary numbers in some auto text prediction section.

Posted via CB from my LE
    It stores a lot of them, because all of mine (probably 1000) are currently in memory since all are showing up via "all" and the tabs for yahoo, icloud, etc., are all missing.
    01-15-14 12:40 AM