I did a bad thing! I went to a windows phone because I wanted to try something new. I am amazed how inefficient the Microsoft Metro UI is. Simple tasks on OS10 or android take two to three extra steps and having all of your apps in a list is horrible! The only good thing was the camera, but that's a Nokia not a wp thing. It feels like an os that belongs on a feature phone. May the BlackBerry gods forgive me!
    01-11-14 10:06 PM
    Windows has a lot of work to do still. For the price you pay for a 520 or 521 you get pretty decent deal but it would be hard to pay 500+ for one for sure
    01-11-14 10:10 PM
    Interesting. If there were no longer a BB I would have looked at WP. I've seen those apps in lists and wondered if it couldn't be changed to be similar to BB, iP, Android.
    01-11-14 10:12 PM
    I used to think of WP as my backup play should things go south with BB10 (back when I had a 9780). Now that I am using a Z10 and seeing friend's WP devices... I am... less than impressed.

But if you live the Microsoft life, there are A LOT of advantages to carrying a WP8 device with you. This is now a bash post, I just prefer BB10...
    01-11-14 10:13 PM
    Nothing wrong with checking out what is out there. How else would you know if a device is the right fit for you?

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    01-11-14 10:16 PM
    yep everyone has his own preference, nothing wrong with that..i think no need to apologise tough

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    01-11-14 10:21 PM
    I'm in a similar boat. I'm a big believer in sticking with the 'Eco system '. If you use Gmail and Google circles then Android is for you. We use MS Office 365 and window OS on desk tops. So that follows windows phones. Recently I picked up a Surface and it is good but I have to admit the Windows 8 OS is a little bewildering in the extra steps to do everything. So here I am loving my BB Z10. More and more every day. Long live BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 10:22 PM
    Got a cheap WP8 device on a whim, and was/am pleasantly surprised.

It's definitely different, but not in a bad way IMHO. And that MSFT ecosystem is a big draw for some.
    01-11-14 10:41 PM
    I did a bad thing! I went to a windows phone because I wanted to try something new. I am amazed how inefficient the Microsoft Metro UI is. Simple tasks on OS10 or android take two to three extra steps and having all of your apps in a list is horrible! The only good thing was the camera, but that's a Nokia not a wp thing. It feels like an os that belongs on a feature phone. May the BlackBerry gods forgive me!
    I feel you bro! I came from a windows Nokia lumia and I couldnt stand it after 6 months.

Day 1 of Q10 release:

Paid $250 to break my contract.

Then $250 for the Q10 on a new contract with $50 dollar rebate.

Best $500 I ever spent!

In bliss!

Q10 ~ 10.2.1.1925
    01-11-14 10:44 PM
    I used to think of WP as my backup play should things go south with BB10 (back when I had a 9780). Now that I am using a Z10 and seeing friend's WP devices... I am... less than impressed.

But if you live the Microsoft life, there are A LOT of advantages to carrying a WP8 device with you. This is now a bash post, I just prefer BB10...
    Same I thot like that when BlackBerry was having troubles but my dad got the note 3 and it's not bad. I'd prob go andriod even tho I hate the fragmented things where stuff saves and how every app does its own thing. Open source problems. So now I'm thinking if BlackBerry goes down iphone? Ugh but I hate apple. It's lose lose lose for me if BlackBerry goes down.

Q10 ~ 10.2.1.1925
    01-11-14 10:51 PM
    Same I thot like that when BlackBerry was having troubles but my dad got the note 3 and it's not bad. I'd prob go andriod even tho I hate the fragmented things where stuff saves and how every app does its own thing. Open source problems. So now I'm thinking if BlackBerry goes down iphone? Ugh but I hate apple. It's lose lose lose for me if BlackBerry goes down.

Q10 ~ 10.2.1.1925
    You could always try Ubuntu, but with John Chen in the CEO chair of BlackBerry I don't think their going down anytime soon in my opinion

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 11:06 PM
    It's Ok mate.. As long as you have accepted your mistake!
    Q10Bold likes this.
    01-11-14 11:09 PM
    I had to go with WP8 for a short time at work, I have to agree with OP from a UI standpoint.
    01-11-14 11:27 PM
    I'm in a similar boat. I'm a big believer in sticking with the 'Eco system '. If you use Gmail and Google circles then Android is for you. We use MS Office 365 and window OS on desk tops. So that follows windows phones. Recently I picked up a Surface and it is good but I have to admit the Windows 8 OS is a little bewildering in the extra steps to do everything. So here I am loving my BB Z10. More and more every day. Long live BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Windows 8 is bizarre. I'm trying to make myself like it, but it's really the definition of unintuitive. There are three access points for that charms screen on my PC. Some things you close by swiping all the way to the bottom, some you hit the X in the corner. Sometimes you think you closed something but you find it in the side bar.

I've had this computer since September and I can't get the hang of it and I am by no means a slow learner.

Posted via CB10
    Made in flanders likes this.
    01-11-14 11:28 PM
    Thanks for the insights on WP. I, like others in this thread, also considered WP as my next mobile platform should BlackBerry ever go under. Although I would first use the snot out of my Z30 first and run it into the ground before officially abandoning BlackBerry altogether... but seeing how well built this device is, that could be another decade still!

I have experience with iOS from my iPad and Android from my kids' Samsung Tabs and I find both to be not as efficient as BB10. However I know nothing of WP and would like the opportunity to someday give it a spin to see how it fares against the other platforms. I have a feeling it will have me running back to my BlackBerry within hours but would still like to experience it for myself nonetheless.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 12:03 AM
    I am VERY happy that phones generally last at least 2 to 3 years. I too thought that maybe WP8 was my next play if BB sunk. I am having so much fun with the 10.2.1.1925 leak, that I can't see myself leaving my BB/Android phone anytime soon. (OH, and yes, I do have a Nexus 4, for comparrison.
    01-12-14 01:38 AM
    I can't see myself leaving BB10 specially after 10.2.1

Posted via CB10 with my crazy beautiful Q10
    01-12-14 01:42 AM
    Windows 8 is bizarre. I'm trying to make myself like it, but it's really the definition of unintuitive. There are three access points for that charms screen on my PC. Some things you close by swiping all the way to the bottom, some you hit the X in the corner. Sometimes you think you closed something but you find it in the side bar.

I've had this computer since September and I can't get the hang of it and I am by no means a slow learner.

Posted via CB10
    Download start8 best $5 you will ever spend if running windows 8
    01-12-14 01:54 AM
    I like the take on the WP because I checked it out, checked out Windows 8, checked out the Surface and found myself saying do I just not get this or what. It almost seems like it is for a child or something. I don't mean that to sound so bad but having a somewhat sophisticated UI isn't a bad thing. My wife switched to Android over a year ago and mentions how she misses her BB.

I guess I will give up my BB when they unwrap my cold dead fingers from around it.
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    01-12-14 02:54 AM
    I haven't used a Windows 8 phone but I picked up a Surface RT in the post-Christmas sales. Gotta say it was a bit strange and I really didn't like the fact that it had two home screens, was slow and heavy and didn't support my POP email accounts with the native email. Visually it was very and some of the apps like Mint were very good. But I just could not get the hang of it. Took it back this week. I guess the phones are better but I doubt they can touch my Z10 for getting the things I need to get done.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 02:54 AM

Q10 ~ 10.2.1.1925
    Well I don't hate anyone, it just happens that BB10 OS works better for me.

Good news is that chances BlackBerry won't be around are lowering by the minute. So we probably won't have to worry about that any.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 09:48 AM
    I've been debating on wether or not I should try a WP8 phone. I have a Z10 now and it's great except for the battery life. On an impulse, I ordered the Z30 on eBay. Now I'm thinking I might try and sell/trade the Z10 for a WP8 phone just to try it out.
    01-12-14 10:01 AM
    I've been debating on wether or not I should try a WP8 phone. I have a Z10 now and it's great except for the battery life. On an impulse, I ordered the Z30 on eBay. Now I'm thinking I might try and sell/trade the Z10 for a WP8 phone just to try it out.
    Great impulse getting the z30! You will absolutely love it! I adore my z10 but can never see myself going back to it since getting the z30.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 10:27 AM
    Windows has a lot of work to do still. For the price you pay for a 520 or 521 you get pretty decent deal but it would be hard to pay 500+ for one for sure
    After playing with my brother's 521 I have to agree.

Download Noted, a 5-star rated, native BB10 memo pad app.
    01-12-14 10:29 AM
    Whilst I'm a huge BB10 fan, I also love WP.

Had a Lumia 800 previously and LOVED it.

WP is different, but I find it very smooth and efficient like BB10 just in a different way.

Probably just about prefer BB10 though.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 10:30 AM