Hello while I was using my phone normal then all of the sudden it faded to a black screen.like no power It won't restart. I charge it and nothing. The only sign I get is when I take battery off and plug to computer the light turns on for 3 mins then dies of. Does anyone know how to fix it.? Thanks
    01-10-14 03:27 PM
    Hello while I was using my phone normal then all of the sudden it faded to a black screen.like no power It won't restart. I charge it and nothing. The only sign I get is when I take battery off and plug to computer the light turns on for 3 mins then dies of. Does anyone know how to fix it.? Thanks
    I don't know for sure but it sounds like it got bricked. If you put the battery in do you get the red led?

I would try plugging it into link and it should say update software or something along those lines. If it's recoverable that will reinstall the software. I hope you have it backed up...
    Carlos Cabezas likes this.
    01-10-14 03:37 PM
    If I charge with battery no red light. When I take battery out rand charge with computer red light. It's new phone like 30 days
    01-10-14 03:50 PM
    In either the Crackberry OS forum or the Leak forum you can also find Autoloaders for various OS versions. Those sometimes work/install better than BB Link.

You should still have a warranty if you canNOT reload the OS.

Good luck
    01-10-14 04:02 PM
    If I charge with battery no red light. When I take battery out rand charge with computer red light. It's new phone like 30 days
    If it's within 30 days you may still be able to exchange it with your carrier.

If you remove the battery and put it back in without plugging into the charge, does the LED come on then?

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 05:07 PM
    I'm trying to call blackberry and they don't pick up to check status When I plug to computer light turns red and nothing else.
    01-10-14 08:10 PM
    Plug it in to a wall socket for a couple of hours. Make sure you are using the BlackBerry charger. You might have a problem with the power cycle. After a couple of hours try turning it on by holding the power button down for 10 seconds or so.

I'm not sure this the right solution to your issue but it's worth a try if the other ideas already mentioned don't work.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 08:42 PM
    I am also having same problem. Mine started yesterday. Kindly let me know if you were able to fix it yourself or you have to return it to get a new one ....
    01-28-14 01:31 AM
    Same thing happened to mine and they replaced it but got no explanation. I was charging mine and when tried to use nothing... would not power up and link would not recognize device. this is now 5 that I have heard of this happening to

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 05:22 AM