No don't get me wrong, I'm a big blackberry lover and long term user from torch models to 9900, and now the Z10 which I now adore.

I'm just wondering what will now happen to the 'Z' series of smart phone from BlackBerry now with the recent announcements of the Jakarta device and a new high end qwerty phone, are BlackBerry going to stop pushing these devices? As I'm now converted to how wonderful these phones are...

I only ask as I see a lot of retailers are no longer advertising these phones or stocking them. Are we just going to be having only two BlackBerry to choose from in the future?

Can anyone shed any light on this subject or point me in a direction of any postings I may have missed.

Many thanks.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 07:37 AM
    Nothing? The Jakarta is states to be for Indonesia only. It should not change anything everywhere else.

But let's say it does:

Jakarta can become the Z5 we all have been hearing about and ended up getting the low stick.

The next big touchscreen will go Z40, 45, 50, some big number... Z is for touchscreen, Q for qwerty. They don't need to change that.

Once the Jakarta is out the current line up will be: Z30 high end, Z10 mid end, Z(Jakarta) dirty low end (seriously, it doesn't even have 4G).

What I would hope though, is that Foxconn gets some cheap BB10 WITH 4G for other parts of the world.
    01-09-14 07:57 AM
    It's all speculation at this point. Just keep reading the CB news for Chen's updates or you'll go crazy trying to decipher all the useless info and contradictions.

Ps, you're the only person I've ever heard say they loved the Torch. I had one for 2 months and couldn't take it anymore. "Well they can't all be winners now, can they". XD

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 09:19 AM