Hi all,
    I have been closely following various kinds of issues being faced by a number of BB 10 users through CB forums.

All these made me think if installing a leak is worth it! I'm sure it's fun and gives a great deal of satisfaction once we install the leaks ourselveves successfully.

Is it not a smart enough to just wait for the official release. I'm sure it's coming this winter , well I'm not

Q10 \m/
    01-08-14 05:35 AM
    I have never waited for an official OS to arrive here in the US because Verizon, my carrier is always 6-8 months behind. I always do leaks!

And never have regretted it. Sure there are some minor problem you need to tweak once in a while. But my phone runs perfectly and I don't have to wait for VZW.

Worth it??? Worth its weight in gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    01-08-14 05:46 AM
    I just installed 10.2.1.1925. Installation was a breeze with no problem at all. I've had a few bumps with some apk files and SNAP but other than that it's been perfect

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and progress1 like this.
    01-08-14 06:03 AM
    Depends on your needs. Leaks are a "jump in time" and you might end up with some unpredictable problems.

I love to install, test and discover to see what's new. In general I have had very few issues, but lot's of new features and fixed issues.
    Mozdony and Mecca EL like this.
    01-08-14 06:22 AM
    Took me too long to do it. Do it.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 07:36 AM
    If you have a lot of free time on your hands then go for it otherwise stay away

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 07:47 AM
    In short, YES. I used to always install the latest leaks with BBOS, mainly because I was so familiar with the OS that I could do whatever I wanted to it and if I damaged it I was always able to recover. I was hesitant to do this right away with BB10 but once I got the hang of it (which was pretty quick) I have never looked back. Like others have said, here in the US, it takes FOREVER to get the latest updates so it is well worth it. Just get comfortable with how the process works and don't panic when issues come up. There are plenty of people here who probably have the same issues and can help.
    anon(7915689), Nemzy and Mecca EL like this.
    01-08-14 07:55 AM
    My wife and I use Z10's on AT&T. If I did not install leaks, we would be waiting six months, or more, for our phones to receive the over-the-air updates that we were already enjoying with a leak. And, there is no guarantee that the over-the-air update is any more reliable since plenty of users have reported problems with their phone immediately after receiving same. So, are leaks worth it? He'll yes! Please keep them coming!
    01-08-14 07:59 AM
    Here in the US where our carriers could give a rats A$$ about pushing BB updates, yes they are not only worth it but they help "Stick it to the man".
    Mecca EL and jaydee5799 like this.
    01-08-14 08:04 AM
    Bb10 is improving rapidly. When I first got my q10 there were holes in the functionality and frustrating bits that kept me from loving it. Don't get me wrong, it has always been better than any other platform out there (and therefore my first choice) but the unexploited potential was glaring at me.

My leak strategy has been to wait at least a few days for feedback to come in. The hobbiests will uncover any serious issues in that time. Each leak I've installed has been a net improvement and right now I honestly feel badly for people on older versions. 10.2.1 is better than people expected (ever) and 1925 is clearly the best in that family (so far). My carrier just released 10.2 blech!
    bungaboy, Mecca EL, Nemzy and 3 others like this.
    01-08-14 08:05 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have to disagree on this statement. The time commitment can be greatly dependent on your backup/restore needs. I always do a clean install so the longest part of the process for me is the security wipe (usually 20-30 minutes). The leak install itself takes less than 5 minutes and then there's the setting up of my email accounts and sorting out my icons/folders which takes another 20-25 minutes. Total time to install the latest leak: 1 hour. The privilege of experiencing new awesome features immediately: priceless!

Of course this is only my own opinion and experience. To me an hour is not a big time commitment whereas for others, it might be. Your mileage may vary.

Posted via CB10
    decoy7, Nemzy, Mecca EL and 2 others like this.
    01-08-14 08:15 AM
    IMHO, yes it is. I've been pretty lucky in that I have not had any issues. This is my 3rd time with a Q, and I wouldn't have kept it this time if not for the leak

~Sent via Carrier Pigeon~ Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1055
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-08-14 08:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't take any more free time to install a leak than an official release. Go for it.
    Mecca EL and decoy7 like this.
    01-08-14 08:50 AM
    Hello Nanda,

I am new to Crackberry and only visited the threads when my Q10 crashed while doing a simple Security Wipe. The Q10 refused to even boot up. I panicked but, thanks God, had the common sense to visit the Q10 forum.

I was guided to Autoload 10.2.1.1925. After some initial difficulty, I managed to download and install the upgrade. It was smooth and easy.

Am I happy? You bet your Indian Rupee, I am! The leak is smooth and the functionality it offers is worth it. And the best part is this: There are so many friends here to help you out should you require any assistance.

Go for it man!

Pankaj Jaju, Goa
    Q10 proudie.
    Mecca EL and bungaboy like this.
    01-08-14 08:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    Serious? Why do you say that?

All one has to do is read the posts of those that know what they are doing and, if they indicate the leak is a good one, follow their directions.

I was fearful at first, but after installing my first leak, I have never looked back. The latest 10.2.1.1925 is a keeper.

I see this was your first post. Welcome to the Forum.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-08-14 09:16 AM
    Nice colorful responses .....since I've been waiting what seems like years for the "official" 10.2 to be released, I guess its time to download a LEAK....SMILE
    Mecca EL, Nemzy, Mozdony and 1 others like this.
    01-08-14 09:21 AM
    I was hesitant about the first BB10 leaks but eventually loaded one up. So far each leak has been an improvement over the last. My Z10 worked fine with each OS installed.

I recommend you read the forum posts that come with each leak and decide for yourself. There's a wealth of information in the forums. Everyone here seems happy to help with any questions or issues you might encounter. The latest leak of 10.2.1.1925 runs really well on my Z10. Most of all it's great on battery life.

They're worth it in my mind.
    Last edited by Gray; 01-08-14 at 09:42 AM.
    Mozdony and Spencerdl like this.
    01-08-14 09:27 AM
    If I waited for Verizon to release software, I would be very unhappy with BB10, bless the "leaks"!
    01-08-14 09:35 AM
    It depends on how usable your device is to you personally in it's current state. I don't know much about the internals of a device or how to do anything other than use the phone to it's full capacity so I feel better waiting for the official updates but if you are comfortable with it, I wouldn't hesitate. I have an outdated Mac that won't allow me to load almost anything onto it unless I upgrade OS and I'm not doing that just yet so that has a lot to do with it also.
    01-08-14 09:42 AM
    OS 10.2.1.1925 is definitely the best leak to date. Personally, I have no problem with leaks even when there are a few bugs in them. I am happy for the opportunity to enjoy new features which carriers are usually reluctant or slow to push. Carriers are primarily interested in having a smooth and steady revenue flow so they are not going to bother too much about releasing free OS updates which often result in increased support issues and less revenues in that short term period. This is really a delicate chicken and egg issue for carriers who do not manufacture the various phones they offer for airtime use. Mobile users buy the chicken but carriers are more interested in harvesting the airtime eggs. I don't think that mobile users and carriers share the same interests as it relates to user experience (new OS features) vs. making serious money. In the final analysis, both users and carriers must decide what's in their best interest.
    Mozdony likes this.
    01-08-14 09:46 AM
    Simple: Some are, some aren't
    01-08-14 09:47 AM
    Hi all,
    I have been closely following various kinds of issues being faced by a number of BB 10 users through CB forums.

All these made me think if installing a leak is worth it! I'm sure it's fun and gives a great deal of satisfaction once we install the leaks ourselveves successfully.

Is it not a smart enough to just wait for the official release. I'm sure it's coming this winter , well I'm not

Q10 \m/
    Question why would you not install a leak with the improvements in the os?!?! I'm using the leak 1055 and it works flawlessly!

Posted Via CB10/SQN100-3 luvn leak 10.2.1.1055
    01-08-14 09:49 AM
    Not all leaks are created equal, but when you see one like 1925 with overwhelming positive reactions, it's safe to go for it. I've had no problems, and no regrets.
    01-08-14 10:06 AM
    Question why would you not install a leak with the improvements in the os?!?! I'm using the leak 1055 and it works flawlessly!

Posted Via CB10/SQN100-3 luvn leak 10.2.1.1055
    Because some "leaks" do NOT work flawlessly and cause problems else where on occasions
    Mozdony likes this.
    01-08-14 10:20 AM
    Because some "leaks" do NOT work flawlessly and cause problems else where on occasions
    CORRECT and agreed that's why this forum is sooooo good. You'll get the right feedback. To prevent issues and there is always someone available that can actually help you if you encounter any hiccups. I've used leaks since the launch of Q10 and if there is a corrupt or hiccup leak just re-install the previous os. It's fairly easy! I really dont understand why people arent installing leaks more as its super easy and quick. If done correctly its smooth and easy. Dont be scared, do your research, make sure you understand the process and go ahead.

Sent from my SGH-I957R using CB Forums mobile app
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 01-11-14 at 06:29 AM.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    01-08-14 10:58 AM
62 123