I myself can be critical of blackberry at times. I get it. Some poor decisions have been made. Many big mistakes in the past. That being said, I always try to welcome any company that tries to innovate and offer alternatives to the norm.

That being said...

What the hell is boy genius reports issue with blackberry? Every single article is blackberry bash central. From making fun of interviews with ceos or making fun of insignificant demos of qnx car software. To me blackberry 10 is the best os out there. To others it is not. Either way I'm glad there's a many options for all customers. I would imagine an electronics blog would feel the same. Instead BGR repeadiatly bashes blackberry for still breathing and it's really getting aggravating.

If you want blackberry gone, just stop writing about them and move on with your life. If you want to report on it, report the story but leave out the bashing. Or be fair and bash HTC and Motorola and ever other struggling phone manufacturer too!

OK rant over.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 03:19 PM
    Alot of people are bashing BlackBerry right now . Having BlackBerry do well in the upcoming months is the sweetest redemption. Boy genius or whatever he calls himself is exactly that. A boy!

Having said that, if you are going to bash, be professional about it. Throwing a hissy fit and acting like a child will eventually come around and bite you in the arse.

Yeah I know all about the page hits, yadda, yadda, yadda...but still.

Posted via CB10
    Bfalcon1 likes this.
    01-07-14 03:35 PM
    BGR wants hits for his website, so he posts the most negative BlackBerry articles possible. His articles get quoted on many other news websites, which in turn, generate more traffic to his website. I guess he gets ad revenue based on the number of readers...
    01-07-14 03:40 PM
    Negative press feeds the fire; responding to negative press also feeds the fire.

The fire is warm, people like to be warm.
    01-07-14 03:44 PM
    BGR wants hits for his website, so he posts the most negative BlackBerry articles possible. His articles get quoted on many other news websites, which in turn, generate more traffic to his website. I guess he gets ad revenue based on the number of readers...
    Yeah i know but there are other ways in generating page hits. He sounds unprofessional and will eventually lose credibility

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 03:45 PM
    Yeah i know but there are other ways in generating page hits. He sounds unprofessional and will eventually lose credibility

Posted via CB10
    He's been doing it for years. How long is eventually?
    Blacklatino and PJD642 like this.
    01-07-14 03:47 PM
    Bgr was a worthwhile site to read back in the day, but then he went all apple all the time... a news site with that much bias isn't worth reading in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 03:48 PM
    BGR is in the business of generating page hits. Best thing you can do is just choose not to contribute to his business.

Otherwise, from my perspective, you've got a valid rant. Enough is enough. You can't masquerade as a legitimate source of information when you wear your lack of objectivity on your sleeve. I've seen it all over, for all kinds of products and services -- electronics, cars, motorcycles, you name it -- and it goes both ways, from blatant hatred to giddy cheerleading. Unless they are specifically writing an opinion piece, writers, reporters, journalists and bloggers lose all credibility with me when they can't leave their personal biases out of what I am expecting to be an objective analysis. If I want a hands-on opinion on something, I'll specifically search for user reviews; otherwise, give me objectivity or just shut up.

/end of rant of rant
    01-07-14 03:49 PM
    He's been doing it for years. How long is eventually?
    It would be interesting to see page hits past and present. He's becoming more desperate in his approach.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 03:49 PM
    I have a frriend like BGR. He is blogger. He hates everything but android. Always writing negative side about iOS, WP,and BB.

After years i realize that he never use iOS,WP and BB.

I think,we should give BGR a Z10 to try?

Posted via my beloved Z10
    01-07-14 03:51 PM
    Mmmmmm, s'mores!

BGR and BlackBerry-smores2.jpg
    red72, Flatman, andy957 and 2 others like this.
    01-07-14 03:51 PM
    This in particular kills me how often he gets quoted as a news source in what I might consider 'legitimate' news outlets. Gives him way more credibility than he deserves, considering the number of times he is just flat out 100% wrong.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-07-14 03:52 PM
    Opinions of BGR aside lets keep the language clean please! Thanks!
    Superfly_FR and Mic_JP like this.
    01-07-14 03:52 PM
    The moment you throw principles overboard and are prepared to sacrifice all that holds true is when you become just another number in the bigger scheme of things. Credibility has taken the back seat for the sake of settling a score. What has emerged, is a website filled with bias, hatred and bitterness. The culmination of a individual that struggles with the own self and this clearly manifests in the ramblings on the site. Deep down there is a pitiful human being crying out for help, but essentially completely and utterly emotionally unable to accept comfort and closeness.

Do not feed the trolls.

STL 100-1 OS 10.2.1.1925
    01-07-14 04:01 PM
    The best part is how "BGR" is repeated so often on this site that if you Google "BGR" and "BlackBerry" a CrackBerry thread is on the first page of hits, which would seem to defeat the purpose of complaining about that site's coverage of BBRY.
    01-07-14 04:01 PM
    When tech blogs and what are supposed to be news organizations post these type of opinion pieces in there news sections i stop reading period.
    It is no longer news worthy period.
    Also when a news site has a standing banner on the front of their tech site talking about the 50 best ipad games/apps, 50 best iphone games/apps, or 50 best ipad....iphone cases accessories year after year( time) and yet take six months to review the os10.2 update or even 10.1 not to mention windows 8.1 there is absolutely a credibility problem (cnet)

I can take BlackBerry bashing fact is they've earned it. Its the one sided one os reporting i completely ignore.

I recently looked up the number of articles on cnet written on apple and it came to 16 thousand, for an os with a larger market share and many more tablet, and phone offerings like android there were a few hundred.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 04:04 PM
    The moment you throw principles overboard and are prepared to sacrifice all that holds true is when you become just another number in the bigger scheme of things. Credibility has taken the back seat for the sake of settling a score. What has emerged, is a website filled with bias, hatred and bitterness. The culmination of a individual that struggles with the own self and this clearly manifests in the ramblings on the site. Deep down there is a pitiful human being crying out for help, but essentially completely and utterly emotionally unable to accept comfort and closeness.

Do not feed the trolls.

STL 100-1 OS 10.2.1.1925
    Man, that was deep.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-07-14 04:05 PM
    Man, that was deep.
    Glad you enjoyed. Hope I did not reveal too much of what I do for a living....

STL 100-1 OS 10.2.1.1925
    01-07-14 04:11 PM
    Mmmmmm, s'mores!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smores2.jpg 
Views:	785 
Size:	393.3 KB 
ID:	236881
    HahahahA

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 04:19 PM
    Thanks for all the support! On a side note, I'm pretty sure boy genius report is a big blog with many bloggers of different options and not a single person or boy

I actually enjoy their site and think that they usually get the best dirt first. I just can't stand when they bash blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 04:22 PM
    Stopped going to bgr years ago. Just Negative articles for hits. Honestly the articles could be written better by journalism students.

I could go on about the poor coding on their site so. But couldn't care less. BGR is like cnet biased reporting by idiots!
    01-07-14 04:57 PM
    The name of the site says it all - the B in BGR should be some indication of the age of the bloggers there,.. tiny boys...
    01-07-14 05:01 PM
    Glad you enjoyed. Hope I did not reveal too much of what I do for a living....

STL 100-1 OS 10.2.1.1925
    No, but I came dangerously close to telling you to get out of my head!
    m1kr0 likes this.
    01-07-14 05:01 PM
    I find all the blackberry articles entertaining.

So he hates blackberry, big deal? Maybe he is bitter because he lost a ton of money in the stock. Who the hell knows or cares?

Not sure why people get all tied up in a knot. I find it funny, as its obviously he is doing this deliberately.
    mkmilan and andy957 like this.
    01-07-14 05:03 PM
    Thanks for all the support! On a side note, I'm pretty sure boy genius report is a big blog with many bloggers of different options and not a single person or boy

I actually enjoy their site and think that they usually get the best dirt first. I just can't stand when they bash blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    When Gellar started the blog, he was still in high school. He actually liked BlackBerry way back then, but if memory serves me correctly, he didn't get a pre-release phone to do a review, due to his many leaks of unreleased phones.

So then, he turned to iPhone, and his blog has steadily bashed BlackBerry ever since.
    01-07-14 06:03 PM
72 123