Hi, I have a blackberry z10 STL100-1 running OS 10.2.1.176. I have a 64gb micro sd card which worked for a year, then i tried to reformat it cause i wanted to quickly delete all the files. it formatted and deleted everything but when it tries to finish formatting, it says "formatting incomplete, please try again". I tried multiple times and nothing works. My computer wont fix it either. what am i doing wrong? Please help!!!
    01-07-14 12:47 PM
    I too had the same problem, then it donned on me that I was trying to format under fat32, windows won't format above that. I went to where I bought the card and they thought with Windows 8.1 you should be able. I Google searched and found an app that will allow formatting above 32 GB. Haven't tried yet, even though it was a YouTube video, my question is will my Z10 or any BB work with a 64GB card.

Hi, I have a blackberry z10 STL100-1 running OS 10.2.1.176. I have a 64gb micro sd card which worked for a year, then i tried to reformat it cause i wanted to quickly delete all the files. it formatted and deleted everything but when it tries to finish formatting, it says "formatting incomplete, please try again". I tried multiple times and nothing works. My computer wont fix it either. what am i doing wrong? Please help!!!
    01-07-14 01:05 PM
    Well i know that a 64gb card will work in a z10 cause mine formatted properly and worked for a year. It's just now that it's chosen to act weird
    01-07-14 01:20 PM
    Well i know that a 64gb card will work in a z10 cause mine formatted properly and worked for a year. It's just now that it's chosen to act weird
    A couple of things come to mind.

1. Open the camera or voice record and apply the setting to save files to the card. If you are unable then is it possible the sd card is locked?

2. If you can manage to save to the card per item 1., save a file then try to format again.

3. Do you have workspace files saved to the card? If so, are they protected with encryption?
    01-07-14 01:59 PM
    Download EaseUS Partition Manager on your PC. It will easily format the SD card and make it usable again. The app is FREE and works great!
    01-07-14 02:08 PM
    If I recall, the LEAKS do not know how to work with the 64gig cards. I had to use a program called guiformat.exe to format the card in a Window system (with card adapter to hold it). They may accept cards that were first used on lower OS's but, as noted, trying to format is the device may not work right.
    01-07-14 03:57 PM
    If I recall, the LEAKS do not know how to work with the 64gig cards. I had to use a program called guiformat.exe to format the card in a Window system (with card adapter to hold it). They may accept cards that were first used on lower OS's but, as noted, trying to format is the device may not work right.
    What? Formatted my Lexar Class 10 64Gb card just fine. Leaks are more than capable of working with them.
    01-07-14 04:48 PM
    What? Formatted my Lexar Class 10 64Gb card just fine. Leaks are more than capable of working with them.
    Well, could it be Sandisk? I just know the two sandisk 64gig cards I had were not recognized in my Z10 (it read fine in an adapter in Win) and neither of them would allow Format or finish it - I don't recall. After using the guiformat.exe program, I could use the card in the z10.
    01-07-14 08:27 PM
    It's a sandisk micro sd card. It's not locked and there are no essential files on it. I formatted it on my mac and put it back in and it reads what i've put on it just fine now, but if i try to reformat in the phone it wont do it anymore and it messes up the card :s
    01-08-14 06:55 PM