So, I have been using the leather case that comes with the BB and am thinking that I hate it. I bought I a screen protector and the case has scratched it beyond belief - which makes me afraid to use the case that came with the BB w/o a screen protector. I thought about just using my pocket of my pants, but I'll usually put my keys or some loose change in there, and don't what that doing any more damage...

I want a belt clip, but don't know if they come with the magnet that will allow the phone the go in to standby...

Thoughts???
    11-02-08 01:06 PM
    My purse

Or my hand if Im just runnin in some place.

I know it doesnt help you, but you asked LOL
    11-02-08 01:08 PM
    Most do, I use this one:
    Black Leather Pouch - RIM Curve - Cell Phone Accessories - | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular
    Or just the pouch that came in the box if I don't want it on my belt.
    11-02-08 01:09 PM
    I got a plastic holster type belt clip from Verizon for my curve. It does have a magent so it works like that case that comes with it (I hate that thing). When im at work, I just use the mute key to put it in standby and it goes in my shirt pocket.
    11-02-08 01:18 PM
    See, I don't mind the leather pouch that came with it but it just seems to be scratching the heck out of the screen (with the protector, thank goodness)

...and Rachel, thanks for the response...my wife has it that way by using her purse...but not me...
    11-02-08 01:20 PM
    I use a Seidio Rubberized Hardcase with Holster and it has a sleep magnet and works great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-08 01:20 PM
    My hand.
    11-02-08 01:30 PM
    I got the plastic belt holster from the AT&T store; like the poster above noted, it does have the magnet. Holds the Curve securely and the belt clip is also very secure. The Curve clips in with the face inside so the screen and keyboard are well protected.

11-02-08 02:14 PM
    I use the Seidio rubberized holster, which, as already noted in this thread, has a magnet (actually, most of the aftermarket BlackBerry holsters have magnets because that's such distinctive BlackBerry feature). It's secure, sleek, and sturdy. I really like it. YMMV. I'd highly recommend you take some time to review the accessories in the CrackBerry store, https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=aKr6q3cr.

Edit:
    Seidio Rubberized Holster

Last edited by jbeachy; 11-02-08 at 02:44 PM.
    11-02-08 02:26 PM
    Left pocket with nothing else in it. I don't want anything to damage it

11-02-08 02:27 PM
    I use the two piece holster from casemate...its stylish,rugged,and it has the sleeper magnet to rock my berry to sleep.
    11-02-08 02:30 PM
    i use this case
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=ApOFcLxA

works great and sleeps it
    11-02-08 02:41 PM
    I have a plastic belt holster that I got from Verizon.its an open case similiar to the one that use to come with the 8700 Blackberry. I love it!!!!! I got tied of carrying the big leather pouch. This is the best phone case I have ever owned.

11-02-08 02:55 PM
    Right now I use the Aviator form-fitting in-use leather case attached to a neck lanyard.
    It comes with a detachable, rotating belt clip but I don't use it. No magnet needed -- I put it on "standby" by pressing and holding the mute button.

And I just ordered this one today:

BlackBerry Elite Form-Fit Case because it has a detachable "nub" (small circular belt clip attachment that juts out) so the case can lay flat. Since I wear it on a neck lanyard, the Aviator nub (see Aviator sideview pic above) is always catching on things and giving me whiplash!

Last edited by PCgirl; 11-02-08 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Added more pics
    11-02-08 02:57 PM
    I use the leather belt holster.

11-02-08 03:09 PM
    I've never liked any of the holsters, belt clips, etc. - they always seem bulky, and no matter where I put them, it's NEVER convenient. I either hold mine in my hand, or stick it in my pocket. Good luck finding the right case!
    11-02-08 03:12 PM
    I use the slim line case from Beyza cases. It is similar to the Blackberry case that comes with the Curve, but better. They come in beautiful colors and it has the sleeper function, not to mention a cut-out for the LED light! I can't imagine just shoving my Curve in my purse or pocket. I love my Curve too much
    11-02-08 03:25 PM
    My hand or pocket. Holsters are for guns or tech geeks. I don't care who you are, if you have a phone/device/beeper/whatever clipped to your belt, you look LAME.
    11-02-08 03:27 PM
    Is lint really an issue if you carry it in your pocket? I've seen some posts about having to clean giant dust bunnies because of carrying it in your pocket? Does it matter what model you have? It seems pearl users had more of an issue with the lint....
    11-02-08 03:33 PM
    11-02-08 03:53 PM
    Heh. When you work at a research lab of ~1000 people, most of them wearing devices on their belt, comments decrying the practice are what seem lame. Besides, those with the good jobs get the girls.

11-02-08 04:17 PM
    I originally bought a Krusell case for my Curve which is a really nice case but since I use a neck lanyard, it didn't work for me after all. I have the bb hanging upside down (so when I pick it up to use it, it is right side up - hope this makes sense!) and the cabriolet is open on the top so even though it is a snug fit, the curve wouldn't be secure. Also, since I don't use the belt attachment, I "unstitched" whole panel that held the clips which makes the case much sleeker. I gave the cabriolet case to a friend and she loves it since she carries her curve in her purse.

When I had the Pearl, I used the classic Krusell case which completely covered the Pearl and it worked great with a neck lanyard. I "unstitched" this one as well. Great case!
    11-02-08 04:24 PM
    I use the BB brand leather belt holster. It does have the magnet that tells the phone it is holstered, good luck

11-02-08 04:26 PM
    I use the BB brand gels skins as I usually just keep it in my purse when it's not in my hand ( which is 90%) of the time, lol
    11-02-08 04:42 PM
    OTTERBOX
    If your rough on stuff like me, this is the case for you. Lifetime warranty with no questions asked. This case is kinda big , its not for everyone but it will always keep your BB looking new.
    11-02-08 05:10 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD