I bought my Bell Q10 the first day of release on May 4th. I started using leaks in June. By August my handset speaker stopped working correct when in a call, almost like the speaker blew.

I Googled it and found this was a common problem. A few leaks later the speaker magically sounded normal again unless I just got use to it.

After 1925 my BBM Video mic would not work, voice notes would not work. While Skype and BBM Voice worked perfect. I reloaded multiple OS's and even the official through BBLink.

Nothing changed.

Then I noticed even my voice-mail was fried. The phone asked for a voice-mail number when I dialed it. Even my carrier couldn't fix it through tech support.

After talking to Kris, he thinks the hardware is gone. So here I go to buy a new one.

What are your thoughts community?

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 09:17 AM
    Getting water on your phone is very likely to damage it.

Gotta plug those leaks.

Posted via CB10
    LostOnThePianoRoll likes this.
    01-06-14 10:09 AM
    Well, I do have Q10 and using latest leak, I dont use BBM voice usually but my Q seems healthy and sound

Maybe the issue from something else

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 10:11 AM
    Leaks don't kill the phone,the user does.. unless you got a defective device.. in that case you should make use of the warranty, unless you've liquid damaged it or any other physical damage

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 10:12 AM
    Definitely does not sound like a software issue, rather hardware related. I agree with previous posters to take it back (there's a one year factory warranty).

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 10:19 AM
    Hardware, I hope you have that 1 year warranty so you can swap it out soon...

Q10 SQN100-1/10.2.1.1925 ?
    01-06-14 10:26 AM
    I bought my Bell Q10 the first day of release on May 4th. I started using leaks in June. By August my handset speaker stopped working correct when in a call, almost like the speaker blew.

I Googled it and found this was a common problem. A few leaks later the speaker magically sounded normal again unless I just got use to it.

After 1925 my BBM Video mic would not work, voice notes would not work. While Skype and BBM Voice worked perfect. I reloaded multiple OS's and even the official through BBLink.

Nothing changed.

Then I noticed even my voice-mail was fried. The phone asked for a voice-mail number when I dialed it. Even my carrier couldn't fix it through tech support.

After talking to Kris, he thinks the hardware is gone. So here I go to buy a new one.

What are your thoughts community?

Posted via CB10
    Sounds weird. But the OS cannot break the hardware.
    It's not really clear to me if the speaker and mic works or not or in some cases. Pls. explain.

As a start pls. open the help app and select "Test" in the lower pane. This should launch the Virtual Expert where you can test the microphone and speaker hardware.
    01-06-14 04:25 PM
    Leaks dont kill phones...people do. smh'n lol
    01-06-14 05:02 PM
    The mic worked for calls, Skype, BBM Voice.

The mic didn't work for Voicenotes and BBM Video.

Speaker for ear calls sounded glitchy. Speaker phone was fine.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 06:50 PM
    bugs? afaik software cannot kill device unless it makes your device not working temporarily. right guys?
    01-07-14 01:55 AM
    I did revert back to stock OS and tried a couple other leaks but the problems stayed. I just wonder from all the over heating in leaks, or incomplete leaks that may mess with the mics and sound. Hard to say but if that was the case I'm sure others would have the same issues.Maybe it was just a defective handset.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 10:23 AM
    The latest leak 1926 makes my Q10 can't call out and need to go back official 1791
    01-07-14 10:34 AM