What is a level 1 message? Can I set up my device to tell me when it get sms messages vs emails separately?
    05-02-07 11:33 PM
    Level 1 is exactly that, high level, important!

Depending on the model device you have, yes, you can have SMS / email seperate. But, you'd have to check your theme settings, if you have a 8800. And if it's a 8700 changing themes might help...
    05-03-07 04:29 AM
    **Edited thread title**
    05-03-07 09:53 AM
    I have a filter setup on my BES so all mail from my work domain *@domain.tld is forwarded level 1 since there's been times where I've missed e-mails at night that were vital because I put my profile to Phone mode only and didn't want to be woken up by all the personal e-mails that I get via BES. I also changed my Level 1 tones, etc in Phone mode to what I use in Loud mode.
    05-03-07 12:55 PM
    I searched and called Sprint, but no one can tell me what each profile is tied to- i.e. Messages, is this voicemail messages, email messages, text message, etc. Are these designated on the BES which one of these is for? Here is the list of the profiles on my phone:
    Browser
    Calendar
    Level1 Messages
    Messenger- New Message
    Phone
    SMS
    Task

06-27-07 05:53 PM
    What determins if a msg is level one?
    06-27-07 09:58 PM
    What determins if a msg is level one?
    This is a great question.... I am still seeking an answer
    03-27-08 08:25 AM
    I believe you dictate that.... ? Lol. I will ask someone in my department in regards to this.
    03-27-08 09:03 AM
    i curious too
    03-28-08 02:46 AM
    Before I asked sorry if my question is OOT..
    I just upgraded my BBM to 5.
    I create a group and invite my friends, after adding them, the Level 1 Message beeping and the LED blinking.
    But I couldn't find any message.
    Anyone can let me know how to stop the blinking LED except to turn it to none? (like sms after you open it will stop blinking)

I'm new to BlackBerry and just joined this forum usually only buy some software.
    10-13-09 12:38 PM
    I would like too take time too Thank everyone for doing what you do and making the community what it is im a long time reader and first time poster so i just wanted to say thanks.
    01-06-10 05:11 AM
    I also get a level 1 message tone after adding some, not all, pins to BBM v5

Anyone know why?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-10 03:07 AM
    I just want too take time too Thank all the people for doing what you do and making the community what it is im a long time reader and first time poster so i just wanted to say thanks.
    01-11-10 06:15 AM
    Here's what I found on Level 1 messages (from Blackberry.com):

Level 1 Messages - This helps to identify when any email message is received as high priority, both in and out of the holster.

Procedure for setting Level messages:

To change email message notifications for high priority email messages, complete the following steps:

On the BlackBerry device, open the Messages folder.
    2. Open the menu and select Options.
    3. Select Email Filters.
    4. Open the menu and select New.
    5. Type a name for the email filter and populate the information that applies.
    6. Place checkmarks in the Sent directly to me, CC and BCC boxes, as appropriate.
    7. Change the Importance field to High and the Action field to Forward.
    8. Open the menu and save the changes. Close the filter screen.
    9. From the Home screen, open the Profiles menu.
    10. Scroll to highlight the profile that is currently active.
    11. Open the menu and select Edit.
    12. Select Level 1 Messages and change the settings to indicate the desired response to high priority email messages.
    13. Open the menu and save the changes.
    04-09-10 09:03 PM
    Here's what I found on Level 1 messages (from Blackberry.com):

Level 1 Messages - This helps to identify when any email message is received as high priority, both in and out of the holster.

Procedure for setting Level messages:

To change email message notifications for high priority email messages, complete the following steps:

On the BlackBerry device, open the Messages folder.
    2. Open the menu and select Options.
    3. Select Email Filters.

4. Open the menu and select New.
    5. Type a name for the email filter and populate the information that applies.
    6. Place checkmarks in the Sent directly to me, CC and BCC boxes, as appropriate.
    7. Change the Importance field to High and the Action field to Forward.
    8. Open the menu and save the changes. Close the filter screen.
    9. From the Home screen, open the Profiles menu.
    10. Scroll to highlight the profile that is currently active.
    11. Open the menu and select Edit.
    12. Select Level 1 Messages and change the settings to indicate the desired response to high priority email messages.
    13. Open the menu and save the changes.
    Thank you for this thread, and for supplying some instructions.

Unfortunately, my 9700 doesn't have Email Filters as a selection under Options. Options leads to a choice of General Options, Inbox Settings, Email Settings, Email Reconciliation, Spell Check, and Enhanced Gmail Plug-in Options. None of those seem to relate to filters, or to lead to the rest of the instructions, unless I'm just missing something. Which is possible.

Anyone know how I can define Level 1 messages on a 9700?

Thanks again!

ETA: I do notice that some emails are apparently "Level 1" because I set the Blink app to use a different color for them, but so far it's kind of random, what it considers Level 1. I'd love to define that myself.
    Last edited by mrskittens; 11-08-10 at 01:45 AM.
    11-08-10 01:41 AM
    I keep getting a tone that is only set for level 1 messages. The problem is there is no new message of any kind or LED notification when this tone goes off. What could be the cause?
    11-09-10 07:18 PM
    I keep getting a tone that is only set for level 1 messages. The problem is there is no new message of any kind or LED notification when this tone goes off. What could be the cause?
    Wow, that's even stranger than my seemingly random (but at least existent) messages that Blink calls "Level 1" (described above.) I would sure love more info on this. Thanks!
    11-09-10 10:24 PM
    The Torch 9800 has settings for level one messages but I can't figure out how to code a message or sender or domain as Level 1.

Maybe someone knows.
    11-14-10 11:13 AM
    I remain in the dark about this. I do get a different signal for Level 1 messages but don't know what they are or how I can change them (as described in message 15 in this thread, my menu does not match up.) The info I find seems to be from 2005 or so. I'll wait a few more days before succumbing to the on hold "music" at AT&T.
    11-14-10 01:33 PM
    Moving to Native Apps.
    11-16-10 09:58 AM
    Thank you for this thread, and for supplying some instructions.

Unfortunately, my 9700 doesn't have Email Filters as a selection under Options. Options leads to a choice of General Options, Inbox Settings, Email Settings, Email Reconciliation, Spell Check, and Enhanced Gmail Plug-in Options. None of those seem to relate to filters, or to lead to the rest of the instructions, unless I'm just missing something. Which is possible.

Anyone know how I can define Level 1 messages on a 9700?

Thanks again!

ETA: I do notice that some emails are apparently "Level 1" because I set the Blink app to use a different color for them, but so far it's kind of random, what it considers Level 1. I'd love to define that myself.
    Hey MrsKitten-i have a 9700 as well. U can go to Sound Profiles>Set Ringtones/Alerts>Messages>Level 1 to do it. Regards

mrskittens likes this.
    11-30-10 08:09 PM
    Hey MrsKitten-i have a 9700 as well. U can go to Sound Profiles>Set Ringtones/Alerts>Messages>Level 1 to do it. Regards

Thank you -- now I see how I can change the alert, but the question remains (and I probably didn't ask it clearly) what IS a Level 1 message? I've googled enough to realize it's something I cannot define, and that it includes PIN messages (something I never use, to my knowledge) but that's about all.

By using Blink I've gathered that some emails come in as Level 1 (CNN alerts, for example) but my friends' "high priority" messages don't. So, I know how to change the alert (with Blink or through the menu) but don't know what I'm being alerted of!

Thanks again to you and anyone who can help.
    11-30-10 08:53 PM
    I'd really like to know what a level 1 message is also. What the purpose. I'm being alerted of what??
    11-30-10 11:23 PM
    You can designate certain filtered emails to be "level 1". This could be because they are "high importance" or you just want them to use a different notification etc.

In profiles on your device you can set up custom notifications for level 1 messages.

In order for a message to be a level 1 message, it has to be filtered. If you log in to your BIS, you can edit your email accounts. One of the options is to set up filters. When you create a filter there is an option to mark as level 1. Any emails that meet the requirements of the filter with that option will arrive as level 1 messages on your device.

If you're using AT&T, your BIS login page is here:
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular

You can also set up the filters on your phone, though it's not quite as straight forward. On OS6 you would go to setup/email accounts/login/highlight the email account/choose filters from the BB options menu.
    Last edited by jeffreii; 12-15-10 at 10:49 AM.
    mrskittens likes this.
    12-15-10 10:45 AM
    If you're using AT&T, your BIS login page is here:
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular
    First, thank you for bringing this thread back to life! I would so love to use this feature but according to my alerts my only "Level 1" messages are those from CNN and I would sure love to decide them for myself!

I'm on AT&T, and when I go to the link above, I get:

Welcome to BlackBerry!

New Users
    You need to create an account to begin sending and receiving email on your BlackBerry device. Please turn on your device and ensure that it is connected to the wireless network. Then click "Create New Account" below to begin.

which doesn't seem to apply to me. I've had my account for a long time.

I'm willing to do it on my phone if there's a way but I'm still on OS 5 (hoping AT&T will jump on the 6.0 bandwagon soon..)

It still seems like this shouldn't be so mysterious. But I'm all excited now for a clue I can use...does the link I'm on make sense?

Thank you!
    12-15-10 02:24 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD