Hi all,

I'm a little pissed @ my local Apple Store. I'm in the process of switching over to the Apple side of things from the PC world and I went to the Apple Store in Short Hills, NJ to look at some prospects, only to be told I couldn't go inside the store because of some "Members Only" event. So I'm standing outside of the store looking through the glass at all the pretty Macs. I'm mad!!!

Ok...now that I got that off my chest...damn I wanna buy an Apple laptop!!! Wooooooo!!!
    11-17-07 05:54 PM
    lol, I just bought 2 MacBooks ..one each for my brother and sister for xmas
    11-17-07 07:38 PM
    Wow, Bla1ze you have room for any more siblings? lol
    11-17-07 08:04 PM
    So did you end up getting one or atleast get to check them out? I love my MacBook, its one of the best laptops I've owned.
    11-21-07 01:56 PM
    Bla1ze, brother where have you been. I'm so glad I finally found you. Now, how about a mac!
    11-21-07 01:59 PM
    I'm tapped out folks, I'll adopt next year lol
    11-22-07 07:47 AM
    Hi all,

I'm a little pissed @ my local Apple Store. I'm in the process of switching over to the Apple side of things from the PC world and I went to the Apple Store in Short Hills, NJ to look at some prospects, only to be told I couldn't go inside the store because of some "Members Only" event. So I'm standing outside of the store looking through the glass at all the pretty Macs. I'm mad!!!

Ok...now that I got that off my chest...damn I wanna buy an Apple laptop!!! Wooooooo!!!
    That's classic!! I can just see them inside watching you drool on the windows!!!

When you finally get one you're going to love your MacBook. Mine is the best laptop I've ever owned... and I've been through a few laptops...
    11-24-07 06:02 PM
    I love my Macbook. They are amazing computers. I can turn the thing on, log on, and be surfing the web before a PC can finish loading the home page.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-07 11:24 AM
    sigh...i vow my next computer will be a MAC. Gotta start saving now tho lol
    11-25-07 07:42 PM
    First Post here. Couldn't resist talking about one of my biggest passions....the Mac. I just converted 2 years ago from years of PC abuse. I have a MacBook Pro and my husband has a MacBook. We also have an iMac. There is no comparison between a Mac and a PC. I am also waiting for my opportunity to switch from Palm Treo 680 to Blackberry Curve. My tmobile upgrade eligibility date is Dec 10 and I can hardly wait. I have done so much research and I am so excited to join the Blackberry crowd. This device seems to have so much potential. I am sure that you guys will tell me that it is a good decision to leave the Palm platform for the Blackberry.....
    11-25-07 08:32 PM
    Leaving Palm is a good decision. I have a Treo before coming to the blackberry and that thing gave me nothing but trouble. I had to reset it daily and it would freeze when a call came in.
    11-26-07 08:34 AM
    i have a macbook forsale its white but it has the black macbook specs its only 4-5 months old,ill let it go for 1200 plus shipping.
    11-26-07 12:59 PM
    i love my macbook pro. it is sooooooooooo much easier to use. before i used a mac i always had vaio computers and really liked them and now i have 2 vaio laptops sittin in the closet and haven't been turned on since i got my mbp and i have never looked back
    11-27-07 03:40 PM
    Also love my macbook pro - loved it so much that I went and bought a mac pro a little over a week ago. And i'm slowly but surely moving my primary usage from my pc to my mac, much to my husband's chagrin (he builds PCs as a hobby ). My pc is pretty kick ***.. but my mac is oh so shiny...
    11-28-07 01:42 PM
    Ok, someone tell me why--I hear Mac people say all the time how much they love their Macs, and as a good little techno-**, I am always interested in learning why people like their toys......come on guys, someone convince me.
    11-29-07 05:19 PM
    Ok, someone tell me why......come on guys, someone convince me.
    I could go on for quite a while but will try to make it brief. For one, the OS is stable and virtually never crashes, reboots or otherwise causes problems. The GUI is beautiful and very compliant (customization is easy). It is also very forgiving with mistakes. Viruses are pretty much a non issue. The mac comes with a very intutitive and very useful set of applications for managing photos, music, making dvds, editing movies, etc. They are as easy to use as iTunes (the menus and submenus are identical to iTunes...if you know one program, you know them all). The 3rd party word processing program, Pages is heads and shoulders above Word in almost everyway as is the Powerpoint equivalent program, Keynote. Multimedia leaves no stone unturned with the Mac. The other thing that is so wonderful is the fact that if there is any problem whatsoever with the Mac, software, etc., the "genius" at the Apple store will spend time with you and figure it out (quickly and efficiently). They offer free classes daily on using the enclosed software (iLife). If you don't have an apple store nearby, they have tutorials on their website so you learn the ins and outs of all the programs that they offer. Customer support is amazing and you don't spend hours on the phone talking to someone from India who makes you jump through hoops that you have already done because they are reading from a script and really don't understand your problem.
    I really could go on for much longer as there is so much to love about the mac but if you have any specific questions, I would be happy to offer an opinion.
    11-30-07 12:12 PM
    Hi all,

You should go to Rockaway or someplace else next time. I wouldn't set foot in Short Hills. That whole mall is too elitist for me
    11-30-07 12:14 PM
    honestly, for me, i've never used a pc in my life. ok i lied a little, if i'm at a friends house and need to use their computer to updaye my berry. i've been using a mac since circa 1990. every job i've had always used a mac. don't really know where i was going with all that... love the mac.
    11-30-07 12:51 PM
    I was a PC girl my whole life (my father was a career IBMer, over 26 years, and we had a computer in our home before we had a TV!) and I even worked at Intel for a number of years. But I got my first MacBook in April of this year and I have never looked back. The ease of use, simplicity of design and stability are simply unparalleled. I now also have a MacBook pro (I wanted a larger screen for my old eyes) and am anxiously awaiting Christmas to justify buying myself a widescreen external monitor. I still have 3 other PCs in my home but I rarely use them. Unless I have to. And even them I am mad about it.
    12-04-07 12:40 PM
    Well said Stringbeanie! I've been a Mac user since Apple II days and now with Macbook Pro. Damn, I'm old. Anyway, I just wanted to adds some more +'s. Now with all these USB stuff, 99% of the times, USB devices work when you plug it into a Mac. With a PC, it's a hassle. One way you can tell how easy and user friendly Mac is just by looking at the hardware manual. See how many pages PC instructions are compared to Mac. Mac instructions will be generally one or two pages. I use a PC at work and I get frustrated everyday cursing at PC because it is telling me that it's "not responding." With PC it's a constant freeze and reboot. At home with my Mac, it almost never freezes. Besides games, you can do everything on a Mac that you can do on a PC. You can run Windows and its programs on a Mac. You can't run Mac on a PC. Mac is much more expansive, but in my opinion, it's worth the money.
    12-05-07 10:13 PM
    Well, I haven't been back to the Short Hills mall since that incident. I've decided on the MacBook Pro 15". I want to wait until Macworld is over in January before I purchase it. I don't want to buy it and then something better and new comes out right afterwards...but I'm set to make the big purchase on Jan. 19
    12-08-07 01:29 PM
    Love my Black Macbook.. awesome machines..
    12-08-07 06:40 PM
    hey evilgenius.

go to macrumors.com

then go to the buyer's guide.

it lists the product cycles and stuff and tells you if its a good time to buy it. I would check there, I bought mine and literally one week later a new processor came out for it.
    12-14-07 11:24 PM
    well I am glad to see so many people that are switching from PC to Mac, I did the switch a few years back and have not looked back since I just want to remind all the people thinking about getting an new mac after christmas to remember that the Mac World Comf keynote will be on the 14th of Jan and Steve is going do that One more Thing again, Rumors are flying of new Mac's in the lineup. so I would hold off for a couple more weeks to see what that brings.
    12-30-07 08:06 AM
    Hello all. I made the switch last year and feel in love. I was one of those people who said they would never own a MAC. LOL, anyway I was wondering what you all use to sync your BBs to the macs.
    01-05-08 04:37 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD