Hello everyone. its my first post here. I've been watching BB10 since its launch. its a great OS specially some functions like double tap to wake and swipe gestures. but have few concerns. Currently i'm using Xperia SP and i'm bored with Android. No multi-tasking, eating all the ram, bad battery life etc. I'm planning to swap my Xperia SP with BB Z10. few things i want to know about it.

1: How goods is BB Z10's battery life ?
    2: How good is multi-tasking in BB10 compared to Maemo 5 and Symbian ?
    3: i'm not interested in apps but which voip/im apps are available for BB10 ?
    4: and i love to play with my device and missing up with System. Can i play with BB10 in same way like we do with Android devices ? and is changing MAC address is possible in BB10 ?

thanks everyone for your answers.
    01-05-14 01:46 PM
    Hello everyone. its my first post here. I've been watching BB10 since its launch. its a great OS specially some functions like double tap to wake and swipe gestures. but have few concerns. Currently i'm using Xperia SP and i'm bored with Android. No multi-tasking, eating all the ram, bad battery life etc. I'm planning to swap my Xperia SP with BB Z10. few things i want to know about it.

4: and i love to play with my device and missing up with System. Can i play with BB10 in same way like we do with Android devices ? and is changing MAC address is possible in BB10 ?

1) depends on your usage. plenty of threads on this topic.
    2) BB is in a world of it's own. only one way to find out and that is to experience it. i've used symbian before and BB10 tops it hands down.
    3) plenty of them. the latest i've read about is Truphone. check it out.
    4) BB devices are not intended for this. Hacking is Android's favorite buddy.
    Elite1, mrsmumbles and panjgoori like this.
    01-05-14 01:51 PM
    EDIT Welcome to the forums! /EDIT
    One thing that's a total benefit of buying a Z10 now is that you do it with your eyes wide open. All there is to know about it is in the wild.

I can squeeze around 17h hours of each charge, some times up to 24. 10.2.1 9 helped a lot, but I did buy a 3000mAh Ventev powercell. With heavy use, it is necessary to be able to charge the phone some point during the day.

Seriously? BB10 beats the (*&�%$#@ out of any OS when it comes to multitasking...

BBM and Skype. Apps? For what? There are a heck load, but the ones you want may or may not be there. Check BlackBerry App World. Also keep in mind you can do Android (about 80%? of android apps should work on BB10). As soon as 10.2.1 officially hits, you just need to grab the apk file.

BlackBerry is know for security. If you wanna hack devices, you'll be disapointed.

Anytime. Here is my battery life proof. It sure isn't the best battery life available on the market, but it is far from not getting the job done.

Worth buying Blackberry Z10 now ?-img_20140104_190141.png
    Last edited by diegonei; 01-05-14 at 02:15 PM.
    m1kr0, Elite1, mrsmumbles and 1 others like this.
    01-05-14 01:58 PM
    It's really good terminal with very reasonable price.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 02:59 PM
    Depends on what price you can get it for. IMO $200USD or less is an absolute steal. You won't be able to find a better device at that price point

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 03:14 PM
    Depends on what price you can get it for. IMO $200USD or less is an absolute steal. You won't be able to find a better device at that price point

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I'm hoping they'll have another sale soon like the Cyber weekend sale. Maybe in the spring.

Edit: actually i meant March. Time enough to save some money. :-)

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2
    Man@Arms likes this.
    01-05-14 03:18 PM
    If you are thinking of jumping into BlackBerry you may want to consider the Z30 instead. The battery life is miles ahead, the fit and feel much better, and superior in many other ways, IMO.

Posted via CB10
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    01-05-14 03:19 PM
    If you are thinking of jumping into BlackBerry you may want to consider the Z30 instead. The battery life is miles ahead, the fit and feel much better, and superior in many other ways, IMO.

Posted via CB10
    But it's much more expensive. I'm buying off carrier, so that's a big consideration for me.

01-05-14 03:21 PM
    i'll sell you a brand new white one if you're interested
    01-05-14 03:24 PM
    I am, thanks, but I can't really afford it for awhile. Hopefully by mid to late March.

01-05-14 03:31 PM
    PM cost if you dont mind and location
    01-05-14 03:50 PM
    No don't buy one now or later. Buy an iPhone. Organisations are not daft when they are switching over from Blackberry.
    You do realize some major governments and companies are all upgrading to BES10 and BlackBerry10, while a great number will just sit and keep on ysing BES/BBOS right? I just don't want you to think there is some kind of mass exodus when there isn't.

I guess you missed the "I don't care about apps" part. That's all the iPhone is good for. And BlackBerry is quickly addressing that with Android integration

I get so tired of iPhone users and their substance-less reasoning. "iPhones are better because they're so cool!"
    It's not like iOS isn't a great platform. It is. Seriouly. But SO is BB10. I rather have BB10. So would others. So does the OP.

So, Patel, if you have anything to say to add to the OP's reqest (which didn't really mention corporate stuff at all...), please share.
    01-05-14 06:04 PM
    OP, just straight from a price perspective, if you can get a Z10 for less than $250 off contract, it is worth it. I wouldn't get one on contract. Nor would I spend more than $250 for one.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 06:29 PM
    OP, just straight from a price perspective, if you can get a Z10 for less than $250 off contract, it is worth it. I wouldn't get one on contract. Nor would I spend more than $250 for one.

Posted via CB10
    what a coincidence that's how much i'm selling mine for!
    Last edited by extisis; 01-05-14 at 09:51 PM.
    01-05-14 06:58 PM
    But it's much more expensive. I'm buying off carrier, so that's a big consideration for me.

OK, understood. Nothing wrong with the Z10. Great phone. When I came over from Android to the Z10, for me it was a big step forward.

Posted via CB10
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    01-05-14 09:02 PM
    I guess you missed the "I don't care about apps" part. That's all the iPhone is good for. And BlackBerry is quickly addressing that with Android integration

I get so tired of iPhone users and their substance-less reasoning. "iPhones are better because they're so cool!"
    iOS also has a working PIM.

Sent from my white hot Z10 Rocking Leaked 10.2
    01-05-14 09:33 PM
    I'd say for the $200 I spent for this unlocked brand new Z10, it was good value. I like the phone. The OS has bugs, but it's getting better. Apps are lacking, but it's getting better.

Sent from my white hot Z10 Rocking Leaked 10.2
    extisis likes this.
    01-05-14 09:34 PM
    I know if I really want to use my phone, the battery doesn't last very long at all. So I try to not even use it much and just use my tablet for everything I really need at hand because usually I will have it with me.. but idk my iPhone battery lasted so much longer with crazy amount of usage as well. I really love this phone though, it's really nice.. sometimes it does this weird lock where I have to restart my phone haven't figured out how to fix that yet

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 09:57 PM

1. Varies significantly based on usage. For me 10.2 and 10.2.1 have increased battery life to the point where I don't even rely on my battery charging bundle. Granted I don't actually play games on my phone (I reserve that for tablets, game consoles and my laptop). Gets me through the day that's for sure.

2. The multitasking is really good. While I know it would do absolutely no good whatsoever on BlackBerry 10, I kind of want the cool factor that the PlayBook multitasking has on my Z10 since on my PlayBook even if a video is playing it plays the video in the minimized view. On BlackBerry 10 the audio keeps going but the video either reverts to an active frame (FastTube) or it stays on the last image (browser).

3. You have the usual IM apps. Yahoo Messenger, Google Talk, BlackBerry Messenger, Google Talk, Skype are all available in BlackBerry World officially. Other apps can be sideloaded but if you had any specific names I'm sure we could check them out and see if they work.

4. You can't really change the MAC address of any device. It's hard coded. You probably mean spoofing the MAC address. There was apps to do this on the older BlackBerry devices I believe but I'm sure someone will chime in and see if they were able to accomplish this on BlackBerry 10.

Hope that answers everything
    panjgoori likes this.
    01-05-14 10:21 PM
    thanks everyone for your kind answers. Price of Z10 here in my country is about 230 US Dollers used ones but in complete new conditions. and also without warranty.
    01-06-14 06:36 AM

SIP.fm is free and works great.

You can also pay for Taki, works great as well.
    01-06-14 07:44 AM
    Yes the prices in the uk at carphone wharehouse are excellent, for �150 or �12 per month it is excellent value , also I like the hub , I have a ipad so do most heavy apps games etc on this , I have had it for over a month and have not had a crash so far. I personally find android messy , I like iOS but I like blackberry 10 too, so yes in my opinion now is a good time to buy a z10
    01-06-14 11:44 AM
    one more question. how good is Z10's wifi reception ?
    01-13-14 03:25 AM
    I've found wifi reception to be very good.
    01-13-14 06:57 AM
    The wifi reception is really good, so is phone signal, and the keyboard is the best!

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 07:14 AM
61 123