As Canada's legacy carrier, I would expect nothing but unbiased professionalism in your corporate stores. Obviously your 'professional' sales staff is motivated by spiffs and/or other incentives to steer customers towards specific products.

Yesterday, by brother visited a Bell corporate store in Calgary, and made a simple request. He asked for the Z30 for $40 on two year plan as advertised. He knew what he wanted - he was not open to suggestion - and expected a quick, painless sales experience. Instead, he was subjected to almost 10 minutes of a hard sell towards Samsung, complete with all the B.S. we've come to expect - "But Blackberry is going out of business", "But the z30 is vastly inferior to the S4", "We've had lots of issues and returns with this phone, we don't recommend it", etc, etc.

Only when he gave the guy the ultimatum "Get me a Z30 right f'in now, or I'll find another store that will" did your salesman finally back down. It was tense.... He would have walked out, but is stuck with Bell for now. My brother is not the type to get easily pissed, but he was spittin' nails after the experience, so much so that he took the time to call me in another country to complain, and also to send an e-mail to your online Customer Service.

Bell.....you are Canada's legacy phone company. If the staff you hire are willing to engage in a verbal confrontation to try and prevent a Blackberry sale, what hope does Blackberry have with any non-Canadian carrier? You're Canadian, Blackberry is Canadian......do the math. I don't expect you to sell Blackberry exclusively, but have the common decency to not try and prevent a sale, that in a small way, will help the very economy that your success depends on.

In, the end, my brother got his phone, and like most....he loves it. (The other part of the call was to tell me how cool the Z30 was)

Let's go Chen....time to shake things up.
    01-04-14 01:49 PM
    Bell.....you are Canada's legacy phone company. If the staff you hire are willing to engage in a verbal confrontation to try and prevent a Blackberry sale, what hope does Blackberry have with any non-Canadian carrier? You're Canadian, Blackberry is Canadian......do the math. I don't expect you to sell Blackberry exclusively, but have the common decency to not try and prevent a sale, that in a small way, will help the very economy that your success depends on.

yes, this is happening down here too! As far as BB goes, we only have the z10 and a 9320 officially at our stores!

Also updated your post title to make it more PC.
    01-04-14 01:52 PM
    It happens with a lot of carriers unfortunately, but I do find Bell to be the worst for everything, especially customer service.

Posted via CB10
    cheeonn_seong likes this.
    01-04-14 02:02 PM
    As Canada's legacy carrier, I would expect nothing but unbiased professionalism in your corporate stores. Obviously your 'professional' sales staff is motivated by spiffs and/or other incentives to steer customers towards specific products.

Yesterday, by brother visited a Bell corporate store in Calgary, and made a simple request. He asked for the Z30 for $40 on two year plan as advertised. He knew what he wanted - he was not open to suggestion - and expected a quick, painless sales experience. Instead, he was subjected to almost 10 minutes of a hard sell towards Samsung, complete with all the B.S. we've come to expect - "But Blackberry is going out of business", "But the z30 is vastly inferior to the S4", "We've had lots of issues and returns with this phone, we don't recommend it", etc, etc.

Only when he gave the guy the ultimatum "Get me a Z30 right f'in now, or I'll find another store that will" did your salesman finally back down. It was tense.... He would have walked out, but is stuck with Bell for now. My brother is not the type to get easily pissed, but he was spittin' nails after the experience, so much so that he took the time to call me in another country to complain, and also to send an e-mail to your online Customer Service.

In, the end, my brother got his phone, and like most....he loves it. (The other part of the call was to tell me how cool the Z30 was)

I was browsing for a car charger at Walmart. A younger employee comes to assist. He sees I had the z10 and then tells me it is no good. I simply asked him if he had one or used one. He said no. A friend of his told him it was no good. He works in the cellular department. Anyhow he literally followed me and my wife around bashing BlackBerry. I literally told him I don't have time for this, and if the younger generation wants to due away with BlackBerry and future jobs for themselves then all the power to you guys. As for me I chose to support the country I live in. His response...."but I have a job".....Honestly this is what we are dealing with!

People say there is no conspiracy! I say big business is working hard to crush BB, and the younger Canadian generation are too stupid to see that and they are playing a huge role in its demise. PS the z30 is an absolute dream. Talk about fast and extremely stable.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 02:05 PM
    Bell is the worst carrier in Canada. You shouldn't expect anything but the worst from them or you will always be disappointed.
    01-04-14 02:11 PM
    We need a thread dedicated to documentation of belligerent sales staff, and to post exact locations and times so that corporate can follow up.
    01-04-14 04:02 PM
    We need a thread dedicated to documentation of belligerent sales staff, and to post exact locations and times so that corporate can follow up.
    You don't need a thread for this, the sales staff discouraging blackberry sales use android or ios products. You can see them taking selfies on their s4 or iphone 5. They get a bonus for selling android so naturally they will discourage blackberry sales for absolutely no reason.

Pathetic.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 04:11 PM
    Wow I too have had some bad experiences but I have to say I nip it before it starts. I usually go to every bell kiosk, especially when I see customers there and kinda step in and say I am looking accessories for my Z30 and then go on to stress that I had blackberry for years and then made the mistake of going to Samsung S3 for less than a year but hated it and goes on to stress that I have had cell phones since the old bag phones and I have never had anything like this one. I goes on to say how good the battery life is and then explains on how well the Paratek antenna works and I can pretty well get cell reception everywhere that I couldn't get out on the Samsung. I explain I work on a ship where it's 100 miles between points of land and this is the first time ever I can make a call at anytime.i was surprised to see the Bell rep there after I explained it all pull out his phone, a Z30..at which point he said..couldnt have said it better myself,,good choice..

Posted via CB10
    SifiGamer, aha, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    01-04-14 04:25 PM
    Carriers don't get kick backs from BlackBerry like Samsung and Apple offer. These two companies spend hundreds of millions of dollars on marketing.

Z10 on Telus
    01-04-14 04:25 PM
    They are all the same. You get the same sort of responses from Rogers, Telus, etc. Go into bestbuy...or wireless wave ..same deal. It's always about the almighty dollar and as previously mentioned the incentives for selling Android and Apple exceed the incentives for selling BlackBerry. Spent today explaining how she needs a new phone that will suit her needs which is obviously a q10. Her nails get in the way of the virtual keyboard and even the awesomeness of the Blackberry Virtual keyboard will not work for her. How much do you want to bet that when she gets to her local Bell store the sales rep. Spends 10 minutes trying to talk her out of it? How much do you want to bet she shows up at my sales centre with an iPhone that she can't type on? Any wagers?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 04:36 PM
    They are all the same. You get the same sort of responses from Rogers, Telus, etc. Go into bestbuy...or wireless wave ..same deal. It's always about the almighty dollar and as previously mentioned the incentives for selling Android and Apple exceed the incentives for selling BlackBerry. Spent today explaining how she needs a new phone that will suit her needs which is obviously a q10. Her nails get in the way of the virtual keyboard and even the awesomeness of the Blackberry Virtual keyboard will not work for her. How much do you want to bet that when she gets to her local Bell store the sales rep. Spends 10 minutes trying to talk her out of it? How much do you want to bet she shows up at my sales centre with an iPhone that she can't type on? Any wagers?

Posted via CB10
    That or an htc one lol or some gimmicky android phone

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    01-04-14 05:10 PM
    I don't think that Bell owns many of those Kiosks so I would not put much blame on Bell. I have not had issues with Bell but I do hear better reviews on Telus.

My beef with Bell is that should I want to own a Moto X or Nokia, I can't continue with Bell.
    01-04-14 05:17 PM
    Rogers does the same thing. I play dumb and ask questions about he BB10 phones and they do the same selling of Samsung there
    01-04-14 05:23 PM
    I don't think that Bell owns many of those Kiosks so I would not put much blame on Bell. I have not had issues with Bell but I do hear better reviews on Telus.

My beef with Bell is that should I want to own a Moto X or Nokia, I can't continue with Bell.
    Moto X is so cheaply made, have you seen the phone in person, plastic, creaky plastic and more plastic.

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd and deptech like this.
    01-04-14 05:24 PM
    Moto X is so cheaply made, have you seen the phone in person, plastic, creaky plastic and more plastic.

Posted via CB10
    LOL the irony of this post based on what the OP is saying.
    01-04-14 05:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have the Moto X and it feels just as solid as my Z10. Z10 and Q10 are also made of plastic though the technical term is Polycarbonate.
    01-04-14 05:47 PM
    I have the Moto X and it feels just as solid as my Z10. Z10 and Q10 are also made of plastic though the technical term is Polycarbonate.
    Q10 has a stainless steel band, the moto x is just two layers of cheap plastic. If you look near the volume rockers you can see the plastic joint, looks cruddy.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 05:51 PM
    My point was that Bell is harder on Motorola and or Nokia or perhaps the fault lies with the manufacturer.

Build quality is something of a subjective opinion. Does it really matter when the device is in a case? I did think that the screen on the Moto X was better than the Z10 and much better than a Z30. I liked the fact that the Moto X has a 4.7 inch screen in a phone that is slightly smaller than a Z10. I liked the Chrome browser on the Moto X much more than the browser on the Z10. The Nexus 5 is nice too ... but Bell carries that phone.

Regardless, hard to fault Nokia build quality.
    01-04-14 06:18 PM
    Q10 has a stainless steel band, the moto x is just two layers of cheap plastic. If you look near the volume rockers you can see the plastic joint, looks cruddy.

Posted via CB10
    We get you are a die hard Blackberry Fan. It's pretty obviously with your constant bashing of Android every chance you get. But by doing so what makes you different from those sales people?

You don't need a thread for this, the sales staff discouraging blackberry sales use android or ios products. You can see them taking selfies on their s4 or iphone 5. They get a bonus for selling android so naturally they will discourage blackberry sales for absolutely no reason.

Pathetic.
    You are discouraging Android and iOS and you praise and use a Blackberry. Does that make you Pathetic? Theses are your words. Not mine.
    And you're also assuming. You don't know the sales person personally. They might have had a bad experience with Blackberry like you had with Android.

As for the original topic. With Bell and other Canadian carriers. When you're talking to them over the phone. Its usually easier to tell them you're going to cancel your service and take your service elsewhere. They usually cave and try to meet you half way if not give you what you want. Assuming your demands are reasonable. lol
    When I got my Z10 the Bell customer service wanted me to increase my plan cost by 30 dollars to keep my feature cause my Fab 10 plan wasn't compatible with Blackberry. Told them if that was the case then there's no point in my staying with them. They ended up working out a "custom" retention plan for me. Same features as I had except with Blackberry data and I even saved 5 dollars a month, I still have my 6GB.
    01-04-14 06:22 PM
    We get you are a die hard Blackberry Fan. It's pretty obviously with your constant bashing of Android every chance you get. But by doing so what makes you different from those sales people?

You are discouraging Android and iOS and you praise and use a Blackberry. Does that make you Pathetic? Theses are your words. Not mine.
    And you're also assuming. You don't know the sales person personally. They might have had a bad experience with Blackberry like you had with Android.

As for the original topic. With Bell and other Canadian carriers. When you're talking to them over the phone. Its usually easier to tell them you're going to cancel your service and take your service elsewhere. They usually cave and try to meet you half way if not give you what you want. Assuming your demands are reasonable. lol
    When I got my Z10 the Bell customer service wanted me to increase my plan cost by 30 dollars to keep my feature cause my Fab 10 plan wasn't compatible with Blackberry. Told them if that was the case then there's no point in my staying with them. They ended up working out a "custom" retention plan for me. Same features as I had except with Blackberry data and I even saved 5 dollars a month, I still have my 6GB.
    Android bashes it's self, I don't really have to do much but point things out here and there.

What makes me different than one of these sales people is that I'm not a sales person and if I was I'd get the customer what they came into my store asking me for. Its quite simple, I'd like to buy a frying pan are you going to sell me a banana?! Sales people have one job, it's to fetch things from the back and take money for them. Its quite different if they don't know what they want, but it's quite pathetic if someone asks for a blackberry and you waste 20 minutes trying to sell them an android.

Who does that, how do you justify that?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 06:52 PM
    Android bashes it's self, I don't really have to do much but point things out here and there.

What makes me different than one of these sales people is that I'm not a sales person and if I was I'd get the customer what they came into my store asking me for. Its quite simple, I'd like to buy a frying pan are you going to sell me a banana?! Sales people have one job, it's to fetch things from the back and take money for them. Its quite different if they don't know what they want, but it's quite pathetic if someone asks for a blackberry and you waste 20 minutes trying to sell them an android.

Who does that, how do you justify that?

Posted via CB10
    Wow. I can't believe you just said that.. I have no response to that. That's just sad how you think so lowly of sales reps.
    01-04-14 07:00 PM

I hate to use logic in arguments but has it ever occured to you the sales guy believe it or not doesn't get commission for the phone rather he gets it based on how many lines they activate? Moreover, since he does this day in and out as do many of his co-workers, may have noted a large trend of return and that reflects poorly on his ability to advice and care for customers?

I really do not understand how many people in the forum constantly think all the carriers staff not only in Canada but in USA also got all around a table and went, hmm lets just screw over blackberry who needs competition, we'll take the non-negotiable contracts apple gives us and buy in bulk.

I know Kevin is going on about trolls hating on BlackBerry as a company but a more practical and moral high ground maybe a clean up of things on this side of the fence so its easy to identify the crazies.
    milo53 likes this.
    01-04-14 07:07 PM
    Wow. I can't believe you just said that.. I have no response to that. That's just sad how you think so lowly of sales reps.
    It's just a job and I'm sure they know that, that being said you deviated from the discussion.

How do you jusfity what these reps do?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 07:09 PM
    You should just ignore him he does this every post he is part of kind of sad really

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    01-04-14 07:12 PM
    If you ask for something of a sales rep and don't get it, I see nothing wrong with criticism due to them. If I need a salesperson's opinion, I will ask for an opinion. Otherwise I expect to be brought what I asked for.
    01-04-14 07:35 PM
110 123 ...