Hey everyone,

Anyone think, know, or have any source indicating that Verizon will skip releasing 10.2 and just release 10.2.1 instead? Also, a few people mentioned January 8th or the first week of January for a 10.2 release, do you guys think they have credibility? It is important to note that T mobile release 10.2 to their customers late December.
    01-03-14 12:21 PM
    They already skipped 10.1 MR...maybe they'll skip every update and always tell us that the next one is "in testing."
    DJM626 likes this.
    01-03-14 12:34 PM
    They already skipped 10.1 MR...maybe they'll skip every update and always tell us that the next one is "in testing."
    Wait Verizon never gave 10.1 MR? Ur kidding?

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    01-03-14 12:44 PM
    Technically "winter" isn't over so they still have time. I was never one to install leaks but honestly it's the best way to go and it's very easy to do so don't hold your breath with Verizon and install a leak if you haven't already.

Posted via CB10
    Mr.Monty likes this.
    01-03-14 12:47 PM
    Wait Verizon never gave 10.1 MR? Ur kidding?

SirJes, I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not. But anyway, the answer to the question is no, he's not kidding!

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 04:42 PM
    SirJes, I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not. But anyway, the answer to the question is no, he's not kidding!

Posted via CB10
    Lol no I honestly didn't even realize/know they didn't release the MR update, omfg it's worse than I thought lol.

God I hope people move on to leaks soon, or at least realize that there are non destructive updates available in the form of bar files that can be sideloaded via sachesi

01-03-14 04:48 PM
    Had VZW 10.1 on my Z10 until I put Rogers 10.2 on it. They did not skip it although there's talk 10.2.0 might get skipped for 10.2.1. Also, knowing VZW, there's no guarantee about anything positive from them for BlackBerry.

CB10 via Z10 on 10.2.0.429
    01-03-14 05:41 PM
    Wow. With these carriers controlling the fate of BlackBerry it's no wonder they're struggling in the US. And before anyone says it no....im not placing sole responsibility on the carriers.
    01-03-14 06:18 PM
    My company owned Z10 is on our BES. I would love to install a leak, but I'm sure our IT department would flip out.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 06:53 PM
    Every leak I have installed (with or without any slight bugs) has been miles better than the official Verizon OS. I cannot speak to the official Verizon OS for the Z30, as I loaded a leak on it right out of the box.
    01-03-14 07:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    No wonder consumers in USA can't stand the new BlackBerry devices!!!!! Why is BlackBerry not addressing this

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 07:27 PM
    Well, I think T-mobile releasing the 10.2 update december 23rd is a great sign, that other carriers will follow (hopefully shortly). Be great if Verizon fixed the NFL mobile app, it doesn't work for anyone.
    01-03-14 09:09 PM
    I heard rumors that 10.2.1 will be released this month. It is really likely that they will skip 10.2.0. Anyway, I couldn't wait and installed the 10.2.1.1925 leak. It has been running smoothly, including the Delta Airlines apk that I got from 1mobile.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 12:02 PM
    Had VZW 10.1 on my Z10 until I put Rogers 10.2 on it. They did not skip it although there's talk 10.2.0 might get skipped for 10.2.1. Also, knowing VZW, there's no guarantee about anything positive from them for BlackBerry.

Yes, Verizon has 10.1, but they did not release the 10.1 MR, which was the maintenance release that T-MOBILE and AT&T released.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 01:14 PM
    Well, I think T-mobile releasing the 10.2 update december 23rd is a great sign, that other carriers will follow (hopefully shortly). Be great if Verizon fixed the NFL mobile app, it doesn't work for anyone.
    TMO did not release 10.2 on December 23. It was a prank or something.

Sent from my white hot Z10 Rocking Leaked 10.2
    01-04-14 03:48 PM
    NFL Mobile started working for me today, all of a sudden. Then I noticed an update for it, updated it, and now I'm back to where I started. I don't think Verizon has anything to do with how the app works though...

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 05:05 PM

I sincerely hope that VZW is going straight to 10.2.1. While the delay for 10.1 was ridiculous, part of the problem is BlackBerry putting out 5 updates in a year. Why would the carriers put time into testing when they know BlackBerry will be putting out another update anyway? BlackBerry needs to start putting out complete OS's and putting out only major updates to it once, twice at most, per year. Also, frankly, I've seen more marketing for BB10 devices from Verizon than I have from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 05:18 PM
    People had to really complain quite violently to Verizon about releasing the 10.1 update we did get

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    01-04-14 05:50 PM
    Sometimes I wish that blackberry would tell these US carriers to get lost and release their updates straight to any blackberry phone. I know, there are other issues to consider, but it's frustrating that Verizon gets to tell me what blackberry OS I can officially run on my blackberry device. I have a blackberry z10 not a Verizon z10.

And yes, I have tried leaks, I'm currently running 1055 and thinking of installing the latest leak. I just think we shouldn't have to do that. BlackBerry should be able to push the latest os directly to the phone without carrier approval.

Posted via CB10
    rifka_f likes this.
    01-05-14 03:07 PM
    CES is this week, I have a hunch BlackBerry will make an official 10.2.1 announcement there.

Re: 10.1 MR - people have short memories. That update was a huge debacle for many people who ended up with phones frozen for hours trying to update, bricked, or lost ALL of their text messages with NO way to recover them even if they had a backup. Go review all the threads on that.

Say what you want about VZW's long testing process and delayed releases, they may have saved their customers and themselves some huge headaches taking a pass on that release.

That said, I've been running leaks on my VZW devices for 6 months now.
    01-06-14 06:02 AM
    Has 10.2.1 gone through any carrier testing yet? If it hasn't it definitely won't be released this month as carriers can take 2 months or more to do testing.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 06:49 AM
    BlackBerry needs to start putting out complete OS's and putting out only major updates to it once, twice at most, per year.
    I disagree with this one for OS10 - it has NEEDED frequent updates; first to make it functional, now to make it competitive - which it still is NOT in official releases. No Android 4.2, no Android 4.2.2, no headless apps etc. etc.

I can't even install leaks because they kill T-Mobile's WiFi Calling in the USA.

Perhaps a year from now they can throttle down the release frequency.
    01-06-14 07:52 PM
    I disagree with this one for OS10 - it has NEEDED frequent updates; first to make it functional, now to make it competitive - which it still is NOT in official releases. No Android 4.2, no Android 4.2.2, no headless apps etc. etc.

I can't even install leaks because they kill T-Mobile's WiFi Calling in the USA.

Perhaps a year from now they can throttle down the release frequency.
    My thinking was that the official software releases should be solid, stable releases in the first place, then updates with major changes or add ons. Obviously, if problems show up after release, then they would need to put out a quick update. When BlackBerry puts out so many updates, I can understand how the carriers might take a wait and see approach to make sure they don't put in all the time and resources testing an incomplete update only to have a better one come out in a few months. Not that that excuses the delay in carriers getting out 10.1 here in the US. Then again, BlackBerry should have had the software right by the time BB10 got here.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 08:18 PM
    Do you guys think Roger's Canada will get 10.2.1 before us lol? I just bought a LTE sim card off ebay, do you guys also think it will work well since the bands are different between Verizon and Rogers? Maybe it will be a good alternative, for us to use for now....
    01-09-14 12:20 PM
    Do you guys think Roger's Canada will get 10.2.1 before us lol? I just bought a LTE sim card off ebay, do you guys also think it will work well since the bands are different between Verizon and Rogers? Maybe it will be a good alternative, for us to use for now....
    Well....Rogers has 10.2 for the Z10 and VZW does not. And the radio works fine. Makes sense they'll have 10.2.1 before VZW as well.

01-09-14 06:15 PM
35 12