I'm talking about a phone that doesn't care about apps, for people who don't care about apps. A phone designed to have as much built in features as it can. With almost all app functionality baked into the OS.

This phone should be made of black or polished stainless steel with black z-10 style back cover. It should have at least the same battery with the z-30 with the same speaker and screen set up. The phone also will have solar panels installed under the bezel part of the screen, although probably minimal help, it still helps when the phone is idle.

This phone should be targeted at those who want it and not to the masses. Its a niche phone. This phone, if done properly, should not leave you wanting more.

Price is not in question. If people want this phone, people will buy it no matter what.

Posted via CB10
    Nonocrack, moyah8 and Davidro1 like this.
    01-03-14 11:15 AM
    I totally agree. I do not care for apps and games and the same, I want rock-solid core functionnalities (phone, contacts, events, tasks, camera, encryption) with built-in sync and backup (BB10 needs a lot improvements in that area, see adjacent thread about sync), medium-sized screen (Z10 is fine), solid built (Z10 is fine, IPXX like Sony's would be nice), big battery (Z10 is too small, I want Motorola Maxx series battery, 3200mAh for example giving me a full 2 days of intensive use), solar panel would definitely help in that area (Casio Protrek watches have translucent solar panel being used as screen), camera like Z10 is ok ....
    moyah8 likes this.
    01-03-14 11:36 AM
    But not a too big price tag (not like the porsche design x) ) I was reading and article where the author wanted that Blackberry focuses only on one device and I must say I tend to agree on that point it would give a clearer view and could give BlackBerry that opportunity to focus on THE BLACKBERRY and make it a awesome device that can support years of updates, have amazing battery life, a great physical keyboard and get thing done quicker and easier than any other Smartphone !
    01-03-14 11:41 AM
    For that battery yes. That's gonna take away my fear of battery dying on me mid -workday.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 12:06 PM
    I have found such a device in my Q10.

I am not for apps and I find that I am very productive on my Q10.

I can save my passwords securly with Password Keeper.. I can check the weather with the inbuilt weather programme... I can write and edit documents with Docs to Go.... and i can view PDF's too.

These are infact apps in their own right, but i understand and 100% support what the OP is saying, as i too am not one for apps. I like the fact that my device (Q10) is up and running and fully operational straight out the box.
    01-03-14 12:52 PM
    ^^ Agree. I bought it last year. I call it the Q.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 01:10 PM
    so they should make a phone with an even more limited mass appeal? how would they make money or stay in business this way?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-03-14 01:18 PM
    so they should make a phone with an even more limited mass appeal? how would they make money or stay in business this way?
    As I have stated earlier, this model will be a niche model. And is only targeted to those who want it. Kinda like a jeep wrangler.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 01:23 PM
    They already have phones and users that don't care about apps. So it's kind of funny that you ask for that. What happens when all apps are built into the OS and a new better app is created? Or just another useful app?

Then a lot of research and development go into the phone itself and the OS and that costs a lot.
    01-03-14 01:41 PM
    Then they should definitely charge nuts like you $25k for each one of these so they make sure to make some type of money from such a terrible idea...

This thread reminds me of the Simpson's episode where Homer's long lost brother let's him design a car with just the things and specs Homer wanted in a car.

Yeah...

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 01:41 PM
    Sniper06 - one shot, one miss.
    01-03-14 01:48 PM
    Then they should definitely charge nuts like you $25k for each one of these so they make sure to make some type of money from such a terrible idea...

This thread reminds me of the Simpson's episode where Homer's long lost brother let's him design a car with just the things and specs Homer wanted in a car.

Yeah...

Posted via CB10
    Its not a terrible idea. It's a niche phone. If ferraris were priced the same as a honda then that is a terrible idea. The cost of this phone will definitely be higher since the demand will be smaller. And thats the main reason why it needs to have as much features as it can so it can support that price point.

If you look at the world, there people who like fine things. And they will pay for it without complain.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 01:48 PM
    Sniper06 - one shot, one miss.
    Doc, you can't save everybody

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 01:49 PM