This Christmas and New Year went to a lot of parties and took lots of pictures on my Q10 which I immediately forwarded to the people. I was bombarded with people wanting to know what type of phone I was using because the picture quality was fantastic. I hadn't realised just how great the pictures were. I absolutely love my Q10. I'm a BlackBerry fan for life.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 10:51 AM
    This Christmas and New Year went to a lot of parties and took lots of pictures on my Q10 which I immediately forwarded to the people. I was bombarded with people wanting to know what type of phone I was using because the picture quality was fantastic. I hadn't realised just how great the pictures were. I absolutely love my Q10. I'm a BlackBerry fan for life.

Posted via CB10
    Hi! Welcome aboard!!!!

I just got my Q last night so I haven't tried the camera yet. Looking forward to it, after I crawl out from under 50 blankets!!!!
    01-03-14 10:57 AM
    Well let's be honest though. While the camera is decent during daylight it is quite poor in low light conditions. Overall it doesn't come close to my iPhone 5s or even the 5.

Sent from my Q10
    spacemanspork likes this.
    01-03-14 11:12 AM
    Well let's be honest though. While the camera is decent during daylight it is quite poor in low light conditions. Overall it doesn't come close to my iPhone 5s or even the 5.

Sent from my Q10
    I completely agree. Especially coming from my Lumia 1020 lol. Camera indoors is very mediocre to say the least

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 11:14 AM
    I can't speak for other phones, iPhone or Nokia, given that I have never owned or used either and have no desire to. I can only comment on the awesome experience I am having with my Q10. It is meeting all much expectations and then some.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 01:11 PM
    I can't speak for other phones, iPhone or Nokia, given that I have never owned or used either and have no desire to. I can only comment on the awesome experience I am having with my Q10. It is meeting all much expectations and then some.

Posted via CB10
    That's what counts.
    01-03-14 01:15 PM
    I would have to disagree. It depends also on how close you are to the subject. I can better photos with the Q, overall, anytime I use the zoom.

Sent from my Q10

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 01:24 PM
    It's not that good. That's why I would love the manual option

Posted via CB10 with my crazy beautiful Q10
    01-03-14 01:37 PM
    My Q takes decent photos, especially now that I know to take them with the Space Bar instead of tapping the touch screen.

My daughter-in-law sends me baby pictures from her iPhone 4s and I would have to say they aren't very good or worth saving. So, I can't speak about the iPhone 5 or 5s, but the 4s is pretty crappy.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 01:41 PM
    Lol the OP came here expressing his love for his Q10 because of his experience with it.

He didn't come here asking for comparisons of it to another phone. He didn't even say it was better.

Can we leave other phones out of this?

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    Q10Bold and pttptppt like this.
    01-03-14 01:49 PM
    Sure we can. Without comparing it to other phones I still cannot agree with the OP. The camera is only ok.

Sent from my Q10
    01-04-14 04:02 AM
    OP is right, you can get some really good ones, result sometimes varies greatly.

Shot some quite amazing photos of roses in the rose garden at Centennial Garden in Sydney. Lighting of course was ideal, noon on one if the longest and brightest days in the year (around Christmas, 21dec longest day on the Southern Hemisphere) .

In fact, so good we decided to make a collage out of them and framed it as present for several people.

"...stop and smell the roses..."

Yes, low light photos and indoor shots are a different story.

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    01-04-14 05:04 AM
    I have a BB10 and iphone 5 and my friend has Nokia 1020 and ip 5s. surprisingly, i love taking photos with my Q10 better and the picture seems to be nicer on the Q screen, especially in good daylight and with buesky. The 1020 has better quality but it takes seconds to start shooting, which is almost unacceptable for phone nowadays. I now find myself enjoy shooting more (and share more) with the Q than on the ip.
    01-05-14 12:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    Post some

Posted via CB10
    austriker likes this.
    01-05-14 01:35 AM
    Yeh I use the Q10 for everyday tasks but always have my Lumia 925 for photos and offline satnav

I find the Q10 photo yellowish, even in daylight

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 03:47 AM
    I noticed the camera quality too! I'm also loving the Story Maker app, it's just surprisingly easy to used and great!

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 11:05 AM
    I think the both the Q10 and z10 are underrated. Phone cameras don't have the hardware to be stellar in low light, doesn't matter what we are talking about. One of the best pics I ever took for my personal tastes was with a 9900 bold, while also taking pics with my iPhone 4. At the end of the day my favorite was out of the 9900. My Z10 could easily be more consistent and with more detail than either of these two... the Q I find a little harder then the Z but they should be even given they are supposed to be identical in hardware/software. Less blame should be placed on the phone and more on the photographer as that is the rule of thumb followed if this was in a photography forum. Lol it is amusing that when it comes to phones people expect the phone to do all the work and us to blunder our way through basic photography principles! Glad to hear the poster loves his Q! I love mine too and the camera is a step above the 2 phone I had prior to it!!

Posted via CB10 on my sweet Z30!
    01-05-14 11:51 AM
    sometimes i get great pictures and sometimes they are horrible.
    01-05-14 12:10 PM
    Sure the Lumia's have decent camera's. Still, that means you'll have to use a lousy OS... I'll recommend an iphone or Android before I would recommend Windows Phone to anyone. And I'm not at all a Microsoft basher. Quite the opposite, I mainly only buy microsoft keyboards and mice because I've never had any issues with any, while literally EVERY logitech peripheral I've bought or used has given me problems except for one joystick... That's a really bad track record. I also use a PC with Windows 7 (Windows 8 is garbage for a desktop, it's a tablet OS...), and I tried giving Windows Phone a chance as well but HATED it. I actually don't mind using iphones or Androids even though they lack things I get from BB, but using a Windows Phone I find myself getting so angry all of the time at the absolutely stupid ways it works... I'm getting angry just thinking about it. Had to set up a lumia 520 for my mom, I think if she asks me to look at it again, I'm throwing it away...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-05-14 01:09 PM
    One of the best pics I ever took for my personal tastes was with a 9900 bold, while also taking pics with my iPhone 4. At the end of the day my favorite was out of the 9900.

I find that very hard to believe lol. Really bad camera with no autofocus

01-09-14 09:26 AM
    I find that very hard to believe lol. Really bad camera with no autofocus

I agree! I just think that every phone camera has the potential to produce a stellar photo once and awhile, even the 9900!

The Q10, Z10 and my current Z30 have all been a huge leap from the 9900 and imo also much better then my IPhone 4 they replaced.

That said, there is always room for improvement but I wouldn't let the camera sway me from a Q10, it's a much better performer then reviewers would have people believe and very capable!

01-09-14 10:50 AM