IMHO, it won't suffice for BlackBerry to just be good or be catching up with the competition, but it has to come out with something that's a first of its kind in the market. Apple came out with the fingerprint scanner and the 64bit something , Samsung is coming out with the "curved" phone and just recently another phone said it will be launching a phone with "mega storage.

So people, what possible "first of its kind" can BlackBerry do that will wow the market?
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    01-03-14 07:35 AM
    I think that the fact BlackBerry has always been known for battery life it needs to be a way of charging battery without the need to plug in, be it kinetic energy, solar power i don't know just get the boffins working on it.
    neteng1000 and Tinomane like this.
    01-03-14 07:49 AM
    You really think that the finger print scanner sold phones?

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 07:49 AM
    In the UK on the BBC website the headline was all about the fingerprint scanner, it doesn't necessarily matter what it does, if it is the first to do something it gets headlines - headlines helps sell anyhting. Being in the press for a positive reason is something that BlackBerry desperately need.
    milo53 likes this.
    01-03-14 08:02 AM
    Phone hardware is quickly becoming transparent with each other. I believe it is all about the operating system and BlackBerry has laid the foundation with BB10 to really be the Kick *** phone to beat. It's about the software!

Posted via CB10
    FeralCat1 and 454vette like this.
    01-03-14 08:03 AM
    Phone hardware is quickly becoming transparent with each other. I believe it is all about the operating system and BlackBerry has laid the foundation with BB10 to really be the Kick *** phone to beat. It's about the software!

Posted via CB10
    I think it's more about things made for the OS that enhance it. Of course most people don't care about the OS as long as they can do what they want to efficiently.
    01-03-14 08:07 AM
    You really think that the finger print scanner sold phones?

Posted via CB10
    Lol!! I really don't know if it sold phones but what we know for sure is that it made news.
    01-03-14 08:09 AM
    Tablet sized wireless screens.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 08:12 AM
    In the UK on the BBC website the headline was all about the fingerprint scanner, it doesn't necessarily matter what it does, if it is the first to do something it gets headlines - headlines helps sell anyhting. Being in the press for a positive reason is something that BlackBerry desperately need.
    Only because it was Apple

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 08:28 AM
    A slider with the latest os update. Best of both worlds.

BlackBerry forever, haters never!
    01-03-14 08:32 AM
    Tablet sized wireless screens.

Posted via CB10
    Do you mean a "dumb screen " that wireless displays what is on the phone?

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 09:56 AM
    I agree with the OP. Right now, BlackBerry 10 does just about what every other mobile platform on the market can do. I like the way BlackBerry does these things better than the competition. But being different isn't better for everyone. There's also some cool little things my Z10 does that I know the others can't do, but it's nothing that warrants advertising. BlackBerry does need a headliner feature; one that really sets it apart from the competition, especially in a carrier store. Most likely needs to be a hardware feature, but most definitely something only BlackBerry can do.

Posted via CB10
    milo53 likes this.
    01-03-14 10:10 AM
    How about BlackBerry cloud service that is fully secure and encrypted, no back door and no one except yourself that can access not even BlackBerry, unless you share it with someone. Free for BlackBerry users and charge fees for non BlackBerry users.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 10:18 AM
    Unfortunately it won't matter what they can come up with if they continue with their marketing fail. They could make a phone that picks winning lottery numbers, but if they don't bother to effectively tell anyone about this.....it won't sell. They already have great features....people are showing it to their friends all the time. BB just doesn't have a clue as to how to create any buzz or an effective messaging campaign. At this point, they should wait until they get full access to google play...then come back and tell the world about it....along with all their other great existing features.
    FeralCat1 and aniym like this.
    01-03-14 10:21 AM
    BlackBerry 10 is an amazing platform

In my opinion refining the software, making things work perfectly is the key .

When I watched this video that was one of the phrase they used, it works flawless ,this wasn't the case when I first got my Z10

It's a lot easier to show off my BlackBerry 10.2 today, then back in April when I first go it with 10.0

Selling or promoting a device that does what you expect it to do with out having to use a work around that's the starting point .

Then you can focus on the unique features.

CB10. BlackBerry Z10
    01-03-14 11:16 AM
    BlackBerry needs to aggressively market the idea that they are not going out of business, first and foremost. Only yesterday I met someone with a Bold telling me she is looking forward to upgrading to an iPhone because BlackBerry will be out of business in a couple months. When I told her they wouldn't be, she just gave me a puzzled look and changed the topic. I do agree, that putting out an amazing two phones this year is very important, but they won't sell at all unless BlackBerry first are seen as a company that are not going out if business.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 11:44 AM
    I think that the fact BlackBerry has always been known for battery life it needs to be a way of charging battery without the need to plug in, be it kinetic energy, solar power i don't know just get the boffins working on it.
    It's called wireless charging and it's already been done.
    01-03-14 11:46 AM
    How about BlackBerry cloud service that is fully secure and encrypted, no back door and no one except yourself that can access not even BlackBerry, unless you share it with someone. Free for BlackBerry users and charge fees for non BlackBerry users.

Posted via CB10
    It exists and it is (was) called Lavabit.

Sent from Galaxy Mega 6.3 using Tapatalk
    01-06-14 07:15 AM
    How about a slider screen? Ie. Z30 5" screen could extend to 7" tab size & used in landscape view like the PlayBook. This would be better than carrying those phablets around, imo.

And blackberry can already do this through one of the development co's they acquired, Cascades/TAT. There was a YouTube video from a user conference, they had multiple PlayBooks each displaying a piece of a full screen display. When places side by side in a square, the full screen was there.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 12:10 PM
    With weak advertising this new unique one of a kind thing would fail anyway... there needs to be a strong marketing force whether it's true social media,bbm channels, TV ads, Internet ads or BlackBerry personnel in carrier stores.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-07-14 12:15 PM
    With weak advertising this new unique one of a kind thing would fail anyway... there needs to be a strong marketing force whether it's true social media,bbm channels, TV ads, Internet ads or BlackBerry personnel in carrier stores.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    Isn't it equivalent to "the chicken before the egg or the egg before the chicken "? What is a good ad without a good product or service ?

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 12:33 PM
    Isn't it equivalent to "the chicken before the egg or the egg before the chicken "? What is a good ad without a good product or service ?

Posted via CB10
    You are saying BB10 isn't a good product ? They have everything in place for developers to bring in their apps... they just won't budge because they expect a load of cash on their hands like Microsoft is doing...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-07-14 12:35 PM
    You are saying BB10 isn't a good product ? They have everything in place for developers to bring in their apps... they just won't budge because they expect a load of cash on their hands like Microsoft is doing...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    Of course not. I know BB10 is a very good product but it really has come out with a "wow-factor" product to stay competitive.
    01-07-14 01:48 PM
    Agree with the op! The company should be aiming at Qwerty phones and more of low cost blackberrys.

Posted via Black ZeD on 10.2.1.1925
    01-07-14 01:56 PM
    Agree with the op! The company should be aiming at Qwerty phones and more of low cost blackberrys.

Posted via Black ZeD on 10.2.1.1925
    If they aimed for that from the start I wouldn't be here

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-07-14 02:56 PM
64 123