So out of the blue my BlackBerry started shutting down before 10% and within a week it won't even show the 20% remain notification anymore. I run .1055 since it came out (about a month or 2 I think) and this issue started about a week or 2.

So there are different method's described on the web:
    x. Hold Volume Up and Down, did not work, it'll take a screenshot, but won't reboot the device.
    x. Leave the battery out for an hour, did not work, kept my battery out for a complete night, nothing has changed.
    x. Hold the Power On button while there's no battery connected, this didn't solve the problem, but:
    - When I first tried at around 80% it was back at 100% after reboot, shut down at 60% after that
    - Second try kept my Battery Percentage at 87% for the entire Charge, when it shut down at 87% it was at 86% while charging the entire night and with 10 hours passing by it's still at 86%.
    x. Connect to OEM charger, remove the battery for a minute while connected to the charger, did not reboot my phone on both the Yellow Playbook Charger, an Legacy BB Charger and the charger that came with my Z10.

I don't see any options left, hopefully I did something wrong somewhere, cause this issue is really annoying.
    Last edited by JunkieXP; 01-02-14 at 11:57 AM.
    01-02-14 11:44 AM
    You didn't do anything wrong. STL100-1 has defect which is causing this. You have two options.

1. Continue trying various supposed solutions provided and hope it helps.
    2. Report it to BlackBerry and ensure to get a replacement.

I chose option 2.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=869982
    JunkieXP and Kashan Osama like this.
    01-03-14 07:46 AM
    So after a day on 87%, shutting down, and 2 days (with a charge in between, but no shutdown) on 86%, shutting down on the second day. The battery started charging again. Started off at 100%, wondering how long it will last today.
    01-04-14 02:37 AM
    And a stl-1 won't reboot with volume rockers.

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    JunkieXP likes this.
    01-04-14 03:07 AM
    So out of the blue my BlackBerry started shutting down before 10% and within a week it won't even show the 20% remain notification anymore. I run .1055 since it came out (about a month or 2 I think) and this issue started about a week or 2.

So there are different method's described on the web:
    x. Hold Volume Up and Down, did not work, it'll take a screenshot, but won't reboot the device.
    x. Leave the battery out for an hour, did not work, kept my battery out for a complete night, nothing has changed.
    x. Hold the Power On button while there's no battery connected, this didn't solve the problem, but:
    - When I first tried at around 80% it was back at 100% after reboot, shut down at 60% after that
    - Second try kept my Battery Percentage at 87% for the entire Charge, when it shut down at 87% it was at 86% while charging the entire night and with 10 hours passing by it's still at 86%.
    x. Connect to OEM charger, remove the battery for a minute while connected to the charger, did not reboot my phone on both the Yellow Playbook Charger, an Legacy BB Charger and the charger that came with my Z10.

I don't see any options left, hopefully I did something wrong somewhere, cause this issue is really annoying.
    OP, your first method will NOT definitely work. The only way to reboot an STL100-1 is by the power/lock button on top.

Second, when you left the battery out for one hour, did you drained it? I hope you did.

I've been using my STL100-1 for about 8 months from now and had encountered this problem every now and then esp. after updating the OS. Here's what I did that worked:

Drain your battery by using it until it turns off by its own.

After that, remove your battery from your device for about one hour.

After an hour, insert your battery and charge it normally using the stock charger that came with your device. Remember: don't use/play power-intensive games like Batman or more better don't use your device while it's charging. The stock charger takes more or less 2 hours to full charge the Z10.

After two hours, check your battery percentage. If it says 100% full, then it's okay. If it says 95% full or full other than a 100%, remove the charger and connect it again after about 3 minutes. Keep doing this until you achieve a 100% charge.

If after 10 tries and it still not charging 100%, we can speculate that you have a battery problem.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    JunkieXP and sickyute like this.
    01-04-14 03:26 AM
    Thanks =). Will try this if the problem is still present, I'm now at 93% in a WiFi zone without using it alot.

So about that "Stock Charger", should it me the exact one from the box, or could I use a Playbook charger or Legacy BB charger as well? Not sure how important the mAh / "software" within the charger is.
    01-04-14 07:54 AM
    I think the PlayBook charger, will be fine, if not better. It's faster, 1000 mAh vs. the 750 mAh stock charger.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    01-04-14 10:35 AM
    So last night my battery died around 60%, took out the battery for an hour and charged it the entire night. Got of the charger around 10:00 at 55% and the battery is charging itself ever since. It's 12:45 now and my battery is at 81% and counting.

What a joke.

Posted via CB10 on Z10LE
    01-07-14 05:44 AM
    6 mounths ago i have same problem.

Solutions? Buy a brand new battery for my Z10. Done.

Posted via my beloved Z10
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    01-07-14 06:31 AM
    After two hours, check your battery percentage. If it says 100% full, then it's okay. If it says 95% full or full other than a 100%, remove the charger and connect it again after about 3 minutes. Keep doing this until you achieve a 100% charge.
    This worked =)!

1. Drained the Battery completely
    2. Charging
    3. Stopped at 96%
    4. Disconnected
    5. Reconnected after 5 minutes
    6. Charged to 100%

At the end of the day it reached the 10% notification. Trying not to completely drain it now =)!

Thanks.

Posted via CB10 on Z10LE
    arifbsantoso and ronfc like this.
    01-09-14 01:58 PM
    OP, your first method will NOT definitely work. The only way to reboot an STL100-1 is by the power/lock button on top.

Second, when you left the battery out for one hour, did you drained it? I hope you did.

I've been using my STL100-1 for about 8 months from now and had encountered this problem every now and then esp. after updating the OS. Here's what I did that worked:

Drain your battery by using it until it turns off by its own.

After that, remove your battery from your device for about one hour.

After an hour, insert your battery and charge it normally using the stock charger that came with your device. Remember: don't use/play power-intensive games like Batman or more better don't use your device while it's charging. The stock charger takes more or less 2 hours to full charge the Z10.

If after 10 tries and it still not charging 100%, we can speculate that you have a battery problem.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    This solved the problem. Thanks a mil!

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 09:07 AM
    Let me test. I have the same problem

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 09:56 AM
    I'm glad it worked for you, guys. Now, just a couple of advice: You may have to do the sequence all over again if you ever loaded a new OS or if you accidentally drained your battery.
    shorski likes this.
    01-18-14 04:48 PM
    6 mounths ago i have same problem.

Solutions? Buy a brand new battery for my Z10. Done.
    Then it's probably you have a defective battery. But most STL100-1 battery problems are not really the battery's fault, but likely a software/hardware issue on the device' side. The same LS1 battery is used in all four variants of the Z10 but only or most of time, it is the STL100-1 which uses a different hardware that encounters the problem. Again, most of the time, it isn't the actual battery's fault but how the phone "sees" or "detects" the battery's current charge.
    01-18-14 11:28 PM
    04-22-14 05:56 AM