Hi Everyone,

I have a problem that just cropped up. I have an SBS server running Exchange 2010 that crapped out on me. I did a repair of the database and the server came back up and running fine with email flowing and talking to all the iPhone users. I have 3 users with BlackBerry's, 2 with Z10's and 1 with a Q10. They are able to send email but not able to get any emails, I have deleted the account of the BB and reset it up, it thinks for about 10 minutes and then prompts them saying the account information needs to be updated. You put it in but never ever sync's the email down.

I have googled this and can't seem to find a solution and not sure why it stopped working after the database repair. Any help would be appreciated.

Andrew
    01-01-14 07:53 PM
    Hi Everyone,

I have a problem that just cropped up. I have an SBS server running Exchange 2010 that crapped out on me. I did a repair of the database and the server came back up and running fine with email flowing and talking to all the iPhone users. I have 3 users with BlackBerry's, 2 with Z10's and 1 with a Q10. They are able to send email but not able to get any emails, I have deleted the account of the BB and reset it up, it thinks for about 10 minutes and then prompts them saying the account information needs to be updated. You put it in but never ever sync's the email down.

I have googled this and can't seem to find a solution and not sure why it stopped working after the database repair. Any help would be appreciated.

Andrew
    Why did you do a database repair? Did you not have a backup to go to? Repairs are a last resort kind-of a thing.

My suggestion to you is to have your users log into OWA and remove their BlackBerry devices under the Options section for mobile devices, and also remove the Exchange accounts from the devices. Then set them up like new.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    wildeagle likes this.
    01-01-14 08:46 PM
    Hi,
    I had to do a repair as the backup had failed and there was a corruption in the database causing mail delivery issues. I will give that a shot tomorrow with one of the users and see if it works and let you know.
    Thanks for the advice.

Andrew
    01-01-14 10:04 PM
    Easiest way is make a new account and if it works their accounts are messed up. If it don't work still you got other issues.

Repair should be renamed to abandon hope and load anyway cause it ****s everything up lol

Posted from [email protected]#ATT via CB10
    01-01-14 11:06 PM
    Create a new database and move the mailboxes to it. Never trust a repaired database.

Posted via CB10
    Boots4283 likes this.
    01-01-14 11:49 PM
    Perhaps you should move your post to the "Enterprise " forum? Lots of experts there.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 06:52 AM
    Deleting the phone out of OWA and then off the phone and re-adding the account on the phone worked like a charm. Thanks for the help.
    01-05-14 09:19 AM
    Deleting the phone out of OWA and then off the phone and re-adding the account on the phone worked like a charm. Thanks for the help.
    Thanks for following up with us and I'm glad my suggestion helped.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-05-14 11:35 AM