Was amazed how many people in my contacts had it. About 10x more than my BBM.

And we all expect BBM to take control? How can they get people to switch!?

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 04:52 AM
    Just because they show up in your list doesn't mean they're actually using it. If you had me in your address book, I would show up as well but I don't even use the app... just have an account.
    southlander and Pilot Prop like this.
    12-31-13 04:58 AM
    I deleted WhatsApp my battery lasts a bit longer now...

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 05:00 AM
    Ya but people having accounts are only shown in the list so you can ping them at-least. If anytime they check they will get your message.
    12-31-13 05:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    Well, I can tell you that my contacts, except one, have left WhatsApp and are now on BBM. Cross platform.

I've deleted it out of two of my three devices. However, I still show up as a user same as Bla1ze.
    southlander likes this.
    12-31-13 05:01 AM
    Ya but people having accounts are only shown in the list so you can ping them at-least. If anytime they check they will get your message.
    Anyone who has ever tried the app counts as someone who has an account, you can ping them all you want but if they deleted the app 6 mnths ago and have no plans on ever using it again, they'll never get your ping.
    12-31-13 05:04 AM
    I joined WhatsApp because my sister in NZ uses it. And when I did I saw DP's for three exes and I haven't spoken to them in ages...

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 06:06 AM
    I joined WhatsApp because my sister in NZ uses it. And when I did I saw DP's for three exes and I haven't spoken to them in ages...

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure that's a good thing.....
    12-31-13 06:47 AM
    Sorry to say but my Bbm hasn't been working for a week and maybe more
    I'm using WhatsApp to chat with contacts.... i don't see why shouldn't we use.....why they care to put out a multi platform app when over a week I can't chat on a z10 ????

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 04:10 PM
    I deleted WhatsApp my battery lasts a bit longer now...

Posted via CB10
    ^^^^ this^^^^^

I had quite the list but rarely used it. I had more friends contacting me via Facebook chat.
    I sent a message with my BBM pin to all my contacts and then deleted it. My battery life improved substantially

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 04:22 PM
    I'm using WhatsApp to chat with contacts.... i don't see why shouldn't we use.....why they care to put out a multi platform app when over a week I can't chat on a z10 ????

Posted via CB10
    Umm I know for a fact BBM was not off-line for more than a week. Perhaps look for the problem elsewhere (err.. more local)

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 04:52 PM
    Sorry my fault....didnt explain properly..
    When i send a message it gets delivered after 24 hours some of my contacts don't receive at all, me and my wife in the same building we try to message each other and it is delivered in an hour :/.... but we are just a few meters away....

Really bothering...

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 10:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    Like blaze mentioned. The amount of people you see in your contact list is irrelevant. Many people download WhatsApp and sign up just to try it and their information stays there even if they never use their account ever again.
    One day using my already-deleted WhatsApp account I noticed that even my boss was signed up, I asked him about it and he didn't even remember ever signing in.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 11:37 AM
    Most of my contacts left WhatsApp after a year when they tried to charge them for usage. Yet their accounts are still there.

Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.1925 powered cb10
    01-03-14 08:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have a friend whom I couldn't contact on BBM for a while when I met up with him he realised that he has logged out of BBM on his iPhone. Try sending a message to someone on BBM & see.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 08:32 AM
    Sorry my fault....didnt explain properly..
    When i send a message it gets delivered after 24 hours some of my contacts don't receive at all, me and my wife in the same building we try to message each other and it is delivered in an hour :/.... but we are just a few meters away....

Really bothering...

Posted via CB10
    I have heard of that problem on BBM before in the forums it is really strange only some very rare group of people who always get this problem but most people don't. Could it be a phone compatibility problem with BBM?

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 08:36 AM
    I have heard of that problem on BBM before in the forums it is really strange only some very rare group of people who always get this problem but most people don't. Could it be a phone compatibility problem with BBM?

Posted via CB10
    Well if you look at the BBM central posting....this is getting wide spread like a diseases... now Europe, Russia. etc...

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 10:36 PM
    I have almost 90 contacts on WhatsApp and only 7 contacts on BBM.
    It's sad but it's true.

From My Awesome BlackBerry Z10
    01-10-14 10:50 PM
    I only have Whatsapp working on my Bold 9900 and I only talk to my sister and a girl I'm trying to bone. Both still on ginger bread Android devices.
    My Z10 does have Whatsapp installed although I ain't setup it up yet

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 11:02 PM
    Had it a bit awhile ago but it sorted itself out. We mainly have some problems with BBM voice but think it's more to do with Internet connection. you can also try restarting your phone it sometimes fixes the glitch.
    01-13-14 08:16 PM