Hello, everyone!

I've been thinking about this subject off and on for probably two years or more. I see a lot of people just leaving their phones lying around when they're out with friends; and then they just let other people look through their phone. And whenever that faze of "hey, let's hijack our friend's Facebook statuses through their phone!" came out... Well... I've had a friend pick up my phone to do just that, and it infuriated me. It had been password protected at the time, but it still bothered me.

I like my privacy. I feel violated if someone picks up my phone and tries to look through it. Even if my brother, the guy I like, my dad, mom, or even Keegan Allen (if I ever have the pleasure of meeting him in-person) picks up my phone, I feel antsy about them looking through it. I just hate it.

Am I the only one? I know some couples, spouses, and close family members let others peruse their phones with no hesitation. But I just don't think I could ever let someone else do that. Even if a friend picks up my phone to look at it, I just can't bear it. Whenever I go out, my phone is always password protected. Where do you all fit into this?
    greenberry666 likes this.
    12-30-13 05:15 PM
    Not in this life time

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 05:17 PM
    Heck no. Touch my phone, you die. lol
    Josh_Gooner, nt300 and SifiGamer like this.
    12-30-13 05:17 PM
    Morty, you got something to hide?

I get what you mean though....The only people that I let touch my phone is my son and that's only to play Brickbreaker.
    My hubby is just not into phones, so he never asks or looks. He could if he wanted to. But that's it.
    12-30-13 05:19 PM
    The only way I let someone touch my phone is if they want to see the BlackBerry experience

I don't mind if someone uses my phone to do some quick browsing, make a phone call, watch YouTube videos or log into there personal social media account if they don't have data. But don't go around checking out who's on my contact list, my messages or my pictures.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 05:26 PM
    I don't generally mind if it's someone I know well, but I still prefer to watch over their shoulder while they do it - I don't want them snooping in on my conversations. Even though I may not really have much to hide (if anything), I just feel rather uncomfortable when they look through those. Everything else, photos included, is fair game to me.
    Morty2264 and SifiGamer like this.
    12-30-13 05:29 PM
    No way. I was hoping there would be BlackBerry balance for consumers when BB10 first came out so you could have peace of mind when you handed your phone to someone to make a call. Use it as a guest partition.

I'm on that quick time picture password
    12-30-13 05:31 PM
    In some countries hands get chopped off. Ahahahahha. Hell no.

Blackberry, my proverbial middle finger
    12-30-13 05:41 PM
    Yeah, I don't care. People usually ask before they go picking it up though. Actually I've been asked more lately, especially since ol' BlackBerry is in the news and they know I'm a crazed, ardent supporter.

The Z10 in particular gets asked about, and still 9 months after I've had it and it's been out in the U.S., people say that had NO IDEA that BlackBerry even made this phone. I get lots of "wow" or "woah" when people see how modern it is (AKA it has a virtual keyboard, a good screen and camera and no trackball or trackpad).

But even lately, people have asked to play with my Q10. My friend who upgraded his iPhone4 to a 5 recently asked to see my Q10 because he said he missed the keyboard. He really liked it, but he is a huge, huge app user. He gets messages from at&t basically telling him to "consider" other people on the network because he's in the Top 5% of data users in the country (I didn't even know they did that until he showed me).. so there's no way he'll be getting a Q10 haha.
    12-30-13 05:45 PM
    Nobody touches my phone. Nobody.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    12-30-13 05:50 PM
    Morty, you got something to hide?

I get what you mean though....The only people that I let touch my phone is my son and that's only to play Brickbreaker.
    My hubby is just not into phones, so he never asks or looks. He could if he wanted to. But that's it.
    Hahaha! Nope, but like anybody, I have texts containing personal conversations with close friends and to be honest, if I didn't send the text to you (not YOU, hamsterwheel, just a "you" in general ), then you're not allowed to look at it. That's just how I feel. I've also had people pick up my older phones (flip phones) and look through them or record vulgar stuff, so I just feel better keeping it password protected. If someone picks up my phone, they aren't getting in.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 06:11 PM
    i really hate it; i have nothing embarrassing or shady hidden in my phone but i also feel violated like theyre snooping through my private life and checking up on my conversations and who i talk to & all my pictures and worry if theyll prank someone pretending to be me which would be a headache to straighten out. does anyone else find it really rude if they dont ask? id never just pick up someones phone without permission and rifle through it :l

i have 2 friends who are this nosy and they even stare blatantly over your shoulder to see your password so they can pick it up as soon as youve put it down. i have to have a wifi based per app lock to stop message snooping and a standard home screen lock with moving numbers every time you press to stop this as a sharp talking to just rolls off these people.
    Morty2264 and SifiGamer like this.
    12-30-13 06:13 PM
    All locked.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 06:17 PM
    i really hate it; i have nothing embarrassing or shady hidden in my phone but i also feel violated like theyre snooping through my private life and checking up on my conversations and who i talk to & all my pictures and worry if theyll prank someone pretending to be me which would be a headache to straighten out. does anyone else find it really rude if they dont ask? id never just pick up someones phone without permission and rifle through it :l

i have 2 friends who are this nosy and they even stare blatantly over your shoulder to see your password so they can pick it up as soon as youve put it down. i have to have a wifi based per app lock to stop message snooping and a standard home screen lock with moving numbers every time you press to stop this as a sharp talking to just rolls off these people.
    THIS is why I have a password.

Your friends frighten me. They sound like some of my friends, but they don't look over my shoulder. That would infuriate me. Maybe you should just ask, "How would you feel if I just picked up your phone without asking and went through all your text conversations?" Maybe they wouldn't care, but if it's a boundary you've put up that they know they're crossing (seeing as you've told them not to do that before), then that is a very mean thing that they are doing.

Even if a friend of mine picks up my Q10 that is already password protected and asks about it or looks at it without asking me first, it will make me feel weird. One time, a friend of mine held my phone while I was busy doing something. A while later, he asked me something really odd; and it made me think, "What? Did he look through my phone?" It honestly scared me, even though I like this person and don't have any kind of ill feeling towards them. I just don't like anyone touching my stuff, especially a phone, which has all kinds of personal stuff on it that isn't anyone's business unless they're the recipient of the text in question.

Posted via CB10
    SifiGamer likes this.
    12-30-13 06:20 PM
    I have nothing on my phone that I'm embarrassed about, or that I want to hide, and yet, I would never let anyone touch it.
    Morty2264, Mozdony and SifiGamer like this.
    12-30-13 06:28 PM
    Only person who can look through my device is my girlfriend (and I hers). No big deal in regards to her and she hardly ever does it. No one else has access among the people I know. The funny thing is that she's considering get a Z10 now with her next upgrade. Remarked on the intuitiveness of BB10 on 10.2.1.
    12-30-13 06:35 PM
    Hello, everyone!

I've been thinking about this subject off and on for probably two years or more. I see a lot of people just leaving their phones lying around when they're out with friends; and then they just let other people look through their phone. And whenever that faze of "hey, let's hijack our friend's Facebook statuses through their phone!" came out... Well... I've had a friend pick up my phone to do just that, and it infuriated me. It had been password protected at the time, but it still bothered me.

I like my privacy. I feel violated if someone picks up my phone and tries to look through it. Even if my brother, the guy I like, my dad, mom, or even Keegan Allen (if I ever have the pleasure of meeting him in-person) picks up my phone, I feel antsy about them looking through it. I just hate it.

Am I the only one? I know some couples, spouses, and close family members let others peruse their phones with no hesitation. But I just don't think I could ever let someone else do that. Even if a friend picks up my phone to look at it, I just can't bear it. Whenever I go out, my phone is always password protected. Where do you all fit into this?
    I think it's the same as looking into your wallet or your diary. It's just personal. I think a phone, tablet or a lap top have become a personal type of accessories. And looking into it without asking is disrespectful. Honestly I also have my phone password protected, but it is the lack of competence of the person trying to look into it. He should be treated the way he deserves... like nose broken or something...

Posted via CB10
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    12-30-13 06:41 PM
    Hell no!!!!
    12-30-13 06:42 PM
    If I want to show someone the BlackBerry experience then I usually just show them - and maybe open a few apps for them.

Other than that - no one touches my phone. Not even my 8 year old now that he has his own tablet. Lol.

I also would never pick up someone else's phone without invitation.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 07:00 PM
    I show people specific things on my phone quite often, and they hand it back once they have looked at that one thing.

I will hand people phones when I first get them so that they can see the latest and greatest. At that point, I usually don't have much on the phone as I haven't signed in to most apps yet and haven't received any text messages.

I'm not around a lot of people on a regular basis, so I really don't have a problem with people just picking up my phone and going through it. When I'm out with friends, my phones generally stay in my pockets and purse.
    12-30-13 07:07 PM
    I don't mind if people look through my phone. It's PIN protected, but I'll tell people my PIN if they want to look through my phone. But generally if they tell me what they want to look at I'll unlock it and navigate to what they want and hand it to them. The people I do this to I trust enough to not snoop.

I also randomly pick up my friend's phones to do stuff with. But I usually tell them what exactly I'm planning on doing and I never look through text messages, emails, photos, or anything social (unless they give me permission to contact someone on their phone ala "hey, here's my phone, text blah blah for me please, I'm driving"). They know when I pick it up I like playing with the OS itself and searching their app list for fun games to play.

Personally I delete any messages or photos I don't want people to see.
    12-30-13 07:16 PM
    THIS is why I have a password.

Your friends frighten me. They sound like some of my friends, but they don't look over my shoulder. That would infuriate me. Maybe you should just ask, "How would you feel if I just picked up your phone without asking and went through all your text conversations?" Maybe they wouldn't care, but if it's a boundary you've put up that they know they're crossing (seeing as you've told them not to do that before), then that is a very mean thing that they are doing.

Even if a friend of mine picks up my Q10 that is already password protected and asks about it or looks at it without asking me first, it will make me feel weird. One time, a friend of mine held my phone while I was busy doing something. A while later, he asked me something really odd; and it made me think, "What? Did he look through my phone?" It honestly scared me, even though I like this person and don't have any kind of ill feeling towards them. I just don't like anyone touching my stuff, especially a phone, which has all kinds of personal stuff on it that isn't anyone's business unless they're the recipient of the text in question.

Posted via CB10
    they were just two people from back when i went to college i barely see any more thankfully, i think it was more a lack of real understanding about why i dislike people pawing my stuff rather than maliciousness as they didnt care about theirs being looked through by each other. frequently i told them not to look over my shoulder and i found it rude they went through my phone like spys or visibly moved away from them lol it was met with whines of "why dont you want us to know whats in your phone are you talking about us behind our backs?" stupid college kid attitudes!
    12-30-13 07:17 PM
    I don't mind if people look through my phone. It's PIN protected, but I'll tell people my PIN if they want to look through my phone. But generally if they tell me what they want to look at I'll unlock it and navigate to what they want and hand it to them. The people I do this to I trust enough to not snoop.

I also randomly pick up my friend's phones to do stuff with. But I usually tell them what exactly I'm planning on doing and I never look through text messages, emails, photos, or anything social (unless they give me permission to contact someone on their phone ala "hey, here's my phone, text blah blah for me please, I'm driving"). They know when I pick it up I like playing with the OS itself and searching their app list for fun games to play.

Personally I delete any messages or photos I don't want people to see.
    Honestly, anyone who would pick up my phone randomly would have hell damnation fire and brimstone fall upon them.

Sent from a smartphone of my choosing.
    12-30-13 08:17 PM
    Heck no. Touch my phone, you die. lol
    This! Not sure why but it's like my personal lifeline.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    12-30-13 08:19 PM
    Honestly, anyone who would pick up my phone randomly would have hell damnation fire and brimstone fall upon them.

Sent from a smartphone of my choosing.
    Totally agree. Like I said no one touches my phone unless its my kid who loves to play Brickbreaker LOL.
    12-30-13 08:20 PM
40 12