Hi all... I have a z10 running official Os 10.2 and for months I have tried searching for ways to save battery life... believe me, I have tried them all...none worked except for one that was mentioned that saves a little battery life but another I have not seen listed anywhere..

Turning screen gestures off while in lock screen saved me about 2 hours battery but the real culprit... 'blackberry link' option on the phone... mine was always on and couldn't save battery, I have turned it off 3 days ago and I'm getting 13 hours of charge on heavy use with screen about 30%.. where I only got about 5/6 heavy use

Try turning the blackberry link option in your phone off. I think Because blackberry link allows you to access your phone via your computer using the Internet, not usb in this case, you phone maintains a steady connection with the blackberry link servers thus draining you battery faster..

Try this and comment with you results...

Truth Anu
    12-30-13 12:01 PM
    Your***

Truth Anu
    12-30-13 12:02 PM
    Thanks. I just turned BlackBerry Link off, so I'll see how it goes.

My Z10 battery life really isn't great at all. It's just bad compared to my Q10 battery life which is great. I like the swipe to wake up though, and I don't want to have to turn that off
    12-30-13 12:41 PM
    Testing...

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 12:46 PM
    Always had that turned off. Rarely do i have to charge mid-day.
    12-30-13 12:51 PM
    Interesting. I just turned it off, and will see how it affects battery. To be honest, I very rarely have to charge mid-day, and that's with moderate to heavy use on most days. I'm currently sitting at 78% charge, and I unplugged it last night shortly before midnight.

Thanks for the tip, Jahtruth!
    Jahtruth likes this.
    12-30-13 12:57 PM
    Location services is another culprit. Turned mine off and saved a ton of battery. When I do need to use maps (which is basically the only location services app I use) I just toggle it on for the time that I'm using it.

I didn't even notice that I had link on, I never use it because I always have my laptop with me. Will see how it goes..

Posted via CB10
    Sallem, bBOLD723 and BionicKris like this.
    12-30-13 01:01 PM
    Hmmm...interesting and it is plausible. Let's see how it goes.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 01:14 PM
    Never thought about Link... thanks for the suggestion! Trying it now to see how it goes.

Though, via the Device Monitor on 10.2.1.X, the "BlackBerry Link Remote Access" is usually a negligible percentage in terms of its battery (and CPU) usage, though for all we know it could be factored into the "System" heading as well.

Usually PIM and Display are the biggest percentage grabbers, though I have my screen at about 20% right now and all of my accounts set to sync at 1 hour or greater intervals.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 01:19 PM
    Remember about the Diagnostics that are sent to BlackBerry too, disabling it seems to give a little more juice to use
    However it should actually be kept on, so BlackBerry can figure out problems like the sensor issues from a couple of weeks back quicker

Posted via CB10
    00stryder and Jahtruth like this.
    12-30-13 01:22 PM
    My phone is used for work mainly getting over 300 emails a day lasts me until about 11pm before it dies. I just set the email to pull every 15 minutes and that seemed to do something.

Phone that long periods of Web browsing was a battery killer.

I have had an iPhone 5, HTC One and Nexus 4 this year and the battery is about the same on all if them.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 01:47 PM

Z10, Antigua
    01-03-14 07:37 PM
    Testing

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 08:38 PM
    I just turned Link off and used Docu Shortcut to create a "Locations" app icon in my nav folder (where I keep Mireo, BeMaps, BB Maps, etc). This way, I can keep locations off (as mentioned above) and quickly toggle it on/off as needed.

Truth be told, I'm a moderate to heavy user and I get 12-16 hours of use every day (Q10). I'll do the same for my Z10 and see how it goes.....although I hardly ever really use it.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    01-03-14 09:20 PM
    Thank you OP, it seems to be working!

I tested it on a Z10 SLT-100 in these conditions (starting from a full charge, not closed or charged during the night):

- data: "On", 3G.
    - display brightness to minimum
    - allow gestures when locked: "On"
    - single email account
    - very light use: 5-10 minutes of calls, 5-6 emails & 20-30 minutes of web surfing / day

It managed to work whithout recharge for approx. 2.5 days. Previously it would work for less than 2 days in these conditions.

Now I am on the second test cycle and after 27 hours the battery meter shows 68%

My conclusion is that setting "Blackberry Link'" option to "Off" significantly increases the battery life on BB10 devices.

--------------------

Pic Tagger for BB10 and PlayBook
    Sallem likes this.
    01-04-14 10:56 AM
    I'll try. Thankyou.

Posted via my beloved Z10
    01-04-14 11:02 AM
    Had to share it with everyone... loving my z10 even more now..

Z10, Antigua
    01-04-14 06:26 PM
    So basically the option to turn on /off BlackBerry Link in options is just to edit files from your computer remotely, I don't use it so I can turn it off?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 06:57 PM
    When I switch It to off. And move our from the screen it turns back in again automatically...

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 07:00 PM
    I'm going to try this OP.

Its great because if you want to access the files on your computer you can just turn it on again. There's nothing you need to do on the PC once its off then on again. (No signing in again,etc). I just tried it, off then on, and it works normally.

I see no down side to this other then having to change it back to on for remote access.

Thanks for this, rarely do I see a trick I haven't tried.
    00stryder, Sallem and Jahtruth like this.
    01-04-14 07:32 PM
    I'm going to try this OP.

Its great because if you want to access the files on your computer you can just turn it on again. There's nothing you need to do on the PC once its off then on again. (No signing in again,etc). I just tried it, off then on, and it works normally.

I see no down side to this other then having to change it back to on for remote access.

Thanks for this, rarely do I see a trick I haven't tried.
    The only down side I see is Link won't automatically sync when you are on your "home" Wi-Fi. Right now when I get home at the end of the day my computer automatically syncs everything according to the sync settings I setup in Link.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    Jahtruth likes this.
    01-04-14 08:14 PM

Hi all... I have a z10 running official Os 10.2 and for months I have tried searching for ways to save battery life... believe me, I have tried them all...none worked except for one that was mentioned that saves a little battery life but another I have not seen listed anywhere..

Turning screen gestures off while in lock screen saved me about 2 hours battery but the real culprit... 'blackberry link' option on the phone... mine was always on and couldn't save battery, I have turned it off 3 days ago and I'm getting 13 hours of charge on heavy use with screen about 30%.. where I only got about 5/6 heavy use

Try turning the blackberry link option in your phone off. I think Because blackberry link allows you to access your phone via your computer using the Internet, not usb in this case, you phone maintains a steady connection with the blackberry link servers thus draining you battery faster..

Try this and comment with you results...

Truth Anu
    Thanks Jahtruth

This tip works extremely well, significant improvement in battery life

Even charging battery is faster.
    When I need access to BlackBerry link I just turn it on

Thanks again for great tip

Official 10.2 update

CB10. BlackBerry Z10
    Last edited by ATMJOE; 01-05-14 at 09:31 PM.
    opdverdad and Jahtruth like this.
    01-05-14 08:20 PM
    Using 1055 (for stl 01) makes your battery lives longer. Now i'm using 1925 and have planning to downgrade it back to 1055.

01-05-14 09:06 PM
    Using 1055 (for stl 01) makes your battery lives longer. Now i'm using 1925 and have planning to downgrade it back to 1055.

I believe you are in the minority in this conclusion. But whatever works for you is what works for you. :-)

01-05-14 09:26 PM
    I believe you are in the minority in this conclusion. But whatever works for you is what works for you. :-)

Yup.

01-05-14 10:16 PM
50 12