Hey,

I am thinking of getting a Z30, but I am curious about how it performs when it comes to using the keypad for typing messages. I currently have a BB Torch 9860, and it's a great phone(it is far better than the Iphone 4s that my employer gave me for work use) but it is wonky when it comes to typing. The keypad is very sensitive, and I usually spend more time correcting garbled text than sending it. I've gone back and read some reviews on the 9860, and have discovered that this was a drawback that most identified when the phone came out. What I want to know is this, do people find that this is still an issue on the Z30, or has BB corrected it? Thanks in advance!

Oh, one more thing - is Instagram compatible with the Z30?
    12-28-13 04:36 PM
    Hey,

I am thinking of getting a Z30, but I am curious about how it performs when it comes to using the keypad for typing messages. I currently have a BB Torch 9860, and it's a great phone(it is far better than the Iphone 4s that my employer gave me for work use) but it is wonky when it comes to typing. The keypad is very sensitive, and I usually spend more time correcting garbled text than sending it. I've gone back and read some reviews on the 9860, and have discovered that this was a drawback that most identified when the phone came out. What I want to know is this, do people find that this is still an issue on the Z30, or has BB corrected it? Thanks in advance!

Hey

First of all, great that you are looking to buy a bb10 device.
    But...
    If you spend 5 min in this forum, all your questions are answered.
    Bb10 = best virtual keyboard
    Instagram : with 10.2.1 you can instal it right from mobile market (apk files).
    Actually, igrann is a native instagram cli�nt and it looks better in MY opinion...

Hope it helped you a little bit...
    Alberta-Beef likes this.
    12-28-13 04:43 PM
    Hey,

the 9850/60 keypad is quirky,,, i've found setting it to predictive text, in the settings, is helpful...
    Alberta-Beef likes this.
    12-28-13 04:49 PM
    Hands down the best virtual keyboard out there! Typing long emails is a breeze. It even beats swift key IMHO. Also yes, I have instagram running fine on mine.
    TrueKulcha and Alberta-Beef like this.
    12-28-13 04:49 PM
    Def. best Keyboard out there..
    Alberta-Beef likes this.
    12-28-13 04:52 PM
    Wow, that was fast! I appreciate the quick responses. They definitely helped. I will probably pick up a Z30 before my Christmas holidays end.

Thanks again.
    12-28-13 05:06 PM
    I came from a Q10 real keyboard and I am typing this on the Z30. Just as fast and really easy. Highly recommended.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    12-28-13 05:11 PM
    You should be fine. Only issue I have is constantly hitting the "B" button instead of space bar. So half my texts lookblikebthis half the time. I believe it's because I came from a BlackBerry Z10 which is a little smaller

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-28-13 07:35 PM
    You should be fine. Only issue I have is constantly hitting the "B" button instead of space bar. So half my texts lookblikebthis half the time. I believe it's because I came from a BlackBerry Z10 which is a little smaller

Posted via CB10
    I do the exact same thing Re the "B" button. For the most part, the phone has recognized this and corrected itself. Awesome!

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-28-13 08:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    I do the exact same thing with the period. Other than that it is easily the best presditcyve text I gave ever seen. The trick is to just type and trust the predictive text to do it's thing and ninety percent of the ti.e it gets every word right. It's like magic.

I had my Android friend use my z30 the other day and he was wowed by the keyboard. I had him type out take me out to the ball game and he finished it not even looking at the phone. The z30 got it all right. I was pretty impressed too.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 10:26 PM
    I came from the Torch to the Z30. Love the keyboard on my Z and the ability to flick up words makes things go fast too. No hesitation to recommend the Z30.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    12-28-13 10:31 PM
    When you get comfortable with the Zthirty you can customize your word substitution short cuts - which makes an intelligent virtual keyboard even quicker (and smarter) to use.

I was a die hard BlackBerry 9900 Bold keyboard person. Actually had my sites set on the Q10. But being used to the playbook - I figured the screen on that keyboard unit would not do it justice and then fell for the virtual Zthirty keyboard (of course with the help from the CB10 experienced users).

By far the best experience yet!

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 10:38 PM
    As others have said, best touch keyboard out there! I typed this just for the sheer pleasure of using it lol. I had a 9860 and while it was fine for a while it became very buggy after 6 months or so. I also agree that iGrann is much nicer then Instagram!

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 10:57 PM
    I upgraded my 9860 to a Z30 and found typing to be pretty good. A big improvement on the 9860. I like the way It adapts to you. Best typing device is the Q10. I put a4400 mAh Mugen Power battery and a Seidio Spring clip case on mine. Z30 has the screen size.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 10:58 PM
    It's the best virtual keyboard bar none.

But I still find that for writing long emails, documents, taking notes in class - using a qwerty is more comfortable.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 12:43 AM
    I'm another user that loves the keyboard. It is nice and big and the text prediction is really quite helpful and almost always corrects things the way you want them to be

Posted via my Z30
    12-29-13 10:06 AM
    Wow, that was fast! I appreciate the quick responses. They definitely helped. I will probably pick up a Z30 before my Christmas holidays end.

Thanks again.
    Go take it for test drive, Its very smooth! Predictive text is as smooth as it comes. I love my Z30 and will never go back. I used a Z10 from conception and thought it was great, Z30 blows it out of the water with the new OS! Good Luck!
    12-29-13 10:15 AM
    I had the Bold 9900.
    the best physical keyboard until the q10.
    I was really scared to switch with a touch screen.
    I've used my friends iphone nightmare, I have an ipod touch nightmare...

but the z30 keyboard awesome. The trick is to remove the auto correction. with the words showing in the keyboard making it easy to save time and write quickly.. further more, the lines between the rows and the size of each letter make it easy to type the right thing. barely never I am making mistake.

Once again blackberry show they are the best with keyboard. With my REALLY STRONG astigmatic if I can get used to Z30 everyone can. I was probably the worst candidate for a touch screen EVER!.
    12-29-13 11:17 AM
    I don't do well with my 9850 kb either. I also am constantly getting b or n instead of space like I want. I also do that on my pb
    12-29-13 11:32 AM
    Hands down the best virtual keyboard out there! Typing long emails is a breeze. It even beats swift key IMHO. Also yes, I have instagram running fine on mine.
    Ditto!

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 01:11 PM
    I have a Passport and love the tactile keys. I just purchased a Z30 for my sister (for christmas) and having some difficulty with the virtual keyboard. My issues are(maybe i am butter fingered):
    1. sometimes pressing the O results in a P. Initially i could not even get into my network(for setup) but once i did a wipeout, i was able to successfully enter my network password. the keyboard is a lot better, but still sometimes i have to press the P a few times before i get it right.
    2. Keyboard is also super sensitive - one press results in two letters.
    Is it just me? any recommendations to desensitize the keyboard response?
    12-04-14 01:22 PM
    I noticed these behaviors when I first got my Z30 with the factory installed screen protector still in place. Remove it if you haven't and see if it works any better.

Posted via CB10
    bornagainBB likes this.
    12-04-14 01:49 PM
    Mine works fine and I still have the factory screen protector on it.

Posted via My Gorgeous white Z30
    12-04-14 03:28 PM